Carnival Splendor 9/11-9/18 first Carnival Cruise, loved it

lovestheH20

My husband and I just completed our fourth cruise; this one was our second to the Mexican Riviera. We sailed on the Splendor, and truly enjoyed our time. It was a wonderful vacation. Hats off to Carnival. This was our fist Carnival Cruise and we were very impressed. We had an ocean-view room. I was initially worried because I love sailing with a balcony, however, when I saw how large the room was and what a fabulous view we had I was very pleased. The room was immaculate, comfortable and had no smoke smell (I was worried about this because I had understood that smoking was allowed in the rooms, I think I was wrong). The staff was very friendly, and worked SO hard. I just wish there were a few more of them if only to make the work load a bit lighter. Their very busy work load never affected their great attitudes. Sure we had to wait in lines sometimes, but, that's part of vacation, right? And vacation we did. My husband and I (both in our 50's), read, played cards, ate too much, walked all over Cabo and Vallarta (we also kayaked and snorkeled), met new friends and enjoyed just concentrating on "us". Ok, we enjoyed some amazing margaritas as well!

The food was excellent. We loved Tandoori for lunch (3 times!)..amazing indian food. We enjoyed the mongolian bbq, and having lots of vegie salads we made ourselves (to prepare for night dining). The other thing we ADORED was the free sushi every night (most nights or wonderful tapas). We could not believe how fortunate we were to have sushi (fresh) available daily...Another thing was smoked salmon...good grief you can have that every day...Am I still dreaming?

Our dinners in the Black Pearl were so enjoyable. The staff went out of their way to make each dinner very special, I loved their suggestions when I couldn't make up my mind. They were honest :) The lobster was one of my favorites. But the steak, prime rib, shrimp and all fish dinners were so wonderful. Loved all the appetizer selections...sometimes I would have 2; I just couldn't make up my mind. Our waiters gladly brought them.

We would probably choose 2 days in PV rather than 2 in Cabo, however, we had a fun time in both ports. I ended up getting a "spray tatoo" on one sea day. Pretty fun and out of character for me (only $10.00). I also got my hair corn-rowed on the beach in PV. Very fun.

Was the Splendor pink?:o Yes, in a very elegant way. There were so many activities and clubs to choose from, it was a task highlighting what we would choose to do each day :) I would take a Carnival Cruise again in a heartbeat. I've told several friends. For the price, everything was outstanding. Waiting to board the ship on 9/11 required some patience, however, we knew it was for our safety and were thankful. Exiting off the ship on 9/18 was so smooth and easy we couldn't believe it. We've never seen it done this efficiently. Hats off to Carnival. Very well organized. Thanks for a great vacation week.

Archived