Fort Lauderdale flight too early?

punkybett

We're disembarking the Miracle Wednesday, Feb 22 and the only flight I can get using my air miles is at 11:50 AM. Is this too early or can we make it?

Depends on were you live. For example - if you live in an area that you contend with winter conditions, this may play a factor. What port does the ship leave from and if you have a lay over at an airport (connecting flight(s)) this may also be factor in your timing to get on board the ship. Hope all works out for you. Enjoy your cruise in Feb.

Depends on were you live. For example - if you live in an area that you contend with winter conditions, this may play a factor. What port does the ship leave from and if you have a lay over at an airport (connecting flight(s)) this may also be factor in your timing to get on board the ship. Hope all works out for you. Enjoy your cruise in Feb.

I think you mis understood her question .. she wants to know if she has enough time to leave the port in fort lauderdale and make it to the airport in time.. so bad weather somewhere else shouldn't make a difference here in so florida.

We're disembarking the Miracle Wednesday, Feb 22 and the only flight I can get using my air miles is at 11:50 AM. Is this too early or can we make it?

We are disembarking the Miracle on Nov.10th and our flight is also at 11:50am (to Toronto, so is an International flight). This will be our 5th cruise, our 4th out of Fort Lauderdale, so I'm going by past experience. We have always been off of the ship and at the airport by 9:30am at the latest. Now, I know the unforseen can happen, but in our case we are due to arrive home at the start of a long weekend, so if we're delayed or miss a flight, we're not too worried. I guess you always take that chance when you book a flight before noon. Good luck !

We were on the Freedom last year coming out of FLL. We did Luggage Express and we were to the airport in plenty of time. We had an 11:25 a.m. flight on Delta that morning and at the airport by 9:15. I think we could have made it even without the Luggage Express, but why not pay $20 to not have to worry about your luggage until you get home? Take the flight, you'll have no problem. :)

Just got off the Destiny in Miami on Monday. We did self assist as the luggage express criteria stated we were not eligible for flights at FLL before 2pm. Our flight was at 11:35. We were off the ship before 8, on SAS shuttle 8:15 and at airport by 9am. Of course if for any reason the ship comes in late or doesn't clear customs no flight is safe but thats like worrying about hurricanes in September

We sailed on the Allure of the Seas in may. Amost three times as many passengers as on the Carnival Miracle. We did regular debarkation, took a taxi to the FLL airport and had PLENTY of time to catch an 1150am flight. We even had time to have brunch at Chili's before proceeding through security (and we still had time to kill after that!) :)

We were on the Freedom last year coming out of FLL. We did Luggage Express and we were to the airport in plenty of time. We had an 11:25 a.m. flight on Delta that morning and at the airport by 9:15. I think we could have made it even without the Luggage Express, but why not pay $20 to not have to worry about your luggage until you get home? Take the flight, you'll have no problem. :)

I think I'm going to do this next month. We have a flight that leaves FLL at 12:20. I was worried about that flight time, but seeing all of these flights that people made between 11 and 12 I feel much better!

We did an 8-day cruise on the Carnival Freedom last July out of Fort Lauderdale.

We did self-debarkation as we drove to the Port from NY and wanted to get on the road home ASAP.

We got up early had breakfast and went down to the gangway.

There was no line and we were allowed to leave the ship immediately.

Breezed thru customs and a shuttle was waiting to take us to our car in the Park N Go.

We were in the car headed home by 7:30am

As others said the Cruise-line Port in Fort Lauderdale is only about a mile from the airport so I don’t think you’ll have any issues making it.

Thanks for all the positives replies. I'm going to book it today. Packing light is not an option though as this is the end of a 6 week vacation, including a Panama canal cruise then B2B on the Miracle. We hope to miss the worst of our Canadian winter.

Archived