San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

Blazerboy - I have to tell you about a guy we met on the Summit cruise a few years back - nice guy and his wife from Tampa - originally from Nova Scotia . . . during cocktails one night in the maritni bar wife Paula made the comment that her husband brought more shoes than she did - of course that prompted the question "how many pairs" - I think it was 14 . . . one of the guys immediately turned to group and said "give him his queer card" - he was a very good sport - major metrosexual . . . that man could spot a Tommy Bahama shirt or slacks at 500ft!!!!

14 pair? I hope is was a short cruise!;)

I know I'm in trouble when I start packing loafers with a descriptor like "tan suede, after lunch/before cocktails- suitable for a quick deck stroll- but if I go to tea, I'll have to change.":D

Sometimes, I AM a walking stereotype.:rolleyes:

Hope all is well with you, DESTCRZ!

I was on that fateful, memorable cruise w/DESTCRZ. So was Cruiseone2003 (David). DESTCRZ usually colors a story to a great degree, but this time he is spot on with regards to "Eric" the Canuk-turned-South Floridian metrosexual. It was a 14 night cruise, and yes, Eric dragged along 14 pairs of shoes. And you can be sure his lovely wife Paula packed plenty of batteries as well (let your imaginations wander, boys...). I think the shoe story came out while we were hosting a margarita party in our cabin as we sailed away from Huatulco. Curtis, a big brut of a gay bear, just flat out said to Eric "you're gay...and that's all there is to it". There were PLENTY of laughs, believe me (the tequila helped matters along....).

DESTCRZ, thank you for the segue into fashion on this thread. You have paved the way for me to announce my one-and-only nephew is in the top 5 running for Esquire magazine's "Best Dressed Real Man in America" contest. You can view his photo and VOTE for him if you wish. Here's the link below. He is the one on the far left in the group photo. He is Andrew Gutierrez. Click on his photo for a link to another one as well as his bio. If he takes first place, the prize is a brand new car. Winner will be announced on the Today show w/Katie Couric. Happy voting (but vote for Andrew!)

http://www.esquire.com/bestdressed/

P.S. Blazerboy.....how fitting my nephew's name is Andrew! AND he wore a blazer to the photo shoot!!!

O.K., Brian, I voted, one, because of the blazer, two because he's "Andrew," three, because I once dated a high school principle, and four because you asked me too, and I've always had this inclination to do what I was told!:eek:

But others need to help out. That RE guy from S.F. in the white is ever so slightly ahead. And the performer's really cute, but only has 1.1 % at this point!!?!?

Thanks, Blazerboy...you're SO obediant! (I'm sure Ed could chime in here...)..

Brian (bepsf), Yes, he's single, but also str8 as an arrow. But if you have a knack for influencing people (I've read on other boards you're QUITE the charmer...) I certainly won't stand in your way! All I can say is.....YOU GO GIRL !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Had Elvis visited Charleston he NEVER would have left the building! Talk about Suthun Hospitality !!!

And Blazerboy....DESTCRZ and I literally TORE their 5,000 sq foot 3 story "shack" (4 stories including the basement) looking for a photo of the two of you on Harmony from 1992. We came up empty handed. So for me to believe either of you made that fateful sailing, I'm going to need to see copies of tickets! Snap! Snap!

Beav, when your ready to get together for coffee- another meeting of the C5/WC or whatever it's called- I'll be happy to produce them, complete with portfolio jacket! :D

Somewhere I even have a photo album, complete with a picture of the FOD meeting onboard! (Does that Queen ever throw ANYTHING out?)

Hey, Convert94, you might have good luck finding fellow cruisers by posting a new thread on the GL forum with the name of the ship and sailing date in the title of the new thread (if you haven't done so already:o ) We were on the Sun last year, and had a great time sailing out of S.F. to Canada- sure you'll have a great time, too.

Beav, when your ready to get together for coffee- another meeting of the C5/WC or whatever it's called- I'll be happy to produce them, complete with portfolio jacket! :D

Somewhere I even have a photo album, complete with a picture of the FOD meeting onboard! (Does that Queen ever throw ANYTHING out?)

Now why am I not surprised that YOU still carry "proof of passage in a quality portfolio jacket" !! ?? !! I'm sure you've got DESTCRZ licked on that one!

And by the way, are you and TEDSON in the single digit countdown stage for your rendevouz w/Infinity? I guess I can't schedule a C5/WC koffee klatch THIS weekend if ya'll are heading north. Have a phabulous cruise...all of you! Is Hubble-the-wonder-dog going to the doggie spa this time? When are visiting days/hours? Misery loves company...I'll go down and sit with Hubble and cry that our daddies didn't take us along this time.....LOL!

Tedson...is the "surprise" still on ?????

And by the way, are you and TEDSON in the single digit countdown stage for your rendevouz w/Infinity? I guess I can't schedule a C5/WC koffee klatch THIS weekend if ya'll are heading north. Have a phabulous cruise...all of you! Is Hubble-the-wonder-dog going to the doggie spa this time? When are visiting days/hours? Misery loves company...I'll go down and sit with Hubble and cry that our daddies didn't take us along this time.....LOL!

Tedson...is the "surprise" still on ?????

Beav, no I broke down and told him a couple of weeks ago. He's thrilled of course-keeps talking about it with anyone that will listen :D

I still wish you were joining us :(

we almost booked that cruise- it looked great- but schedualing constraints resulted in our booking the 3 day celebrity mercury northwest cruise on 9/16 instead. we really want to sample celebrity. this will be our third (all short) cruise. any tips on how to deal with the usual questions from other passengers and crew re marital status etc? even the northwest cruises seem to have a preponderance of straight, conservative couples.

Hi you guys,

I wanted to say hi and state that we need to have another StarBucks meeting in WC. I cannot wait until my cruise on the Crystal Harmony on October 15, 2005 with my own room. Now I get to adjust to being single again (Beav knows why)

Lets just say we are all on our own paths and sometimes a couples path splits into different directions.

Hugs,

Tim

Hey Brian,

Hope you have a fabulous cruise on Oosterdam! And hope the party in your BIG suite is equally phab!

Don't forget about the little people back home.......!!!

Thanks BEAV!

I'll raise a glass to the crew here at home!

:)

I wanted to say hi and state that we need to have another StarBucks meeting in WC.

I’m up with that – when the last meeting happened out here I was…on a cruise. Ted, you and Ralph have a personal responsibility to let me know when the next on is! Please not between 10/31 and 11/10 as I’m…on a cruise.

to convert- thanks for feedback- guess we'll take it on a case by case basis. on our first cruise on holland, we just left a note to the cabin steward to convert our twin beds to a king and it was done with no question. but we do get lots of friendly curious questions from other passengers...it seems like most of you on this thread know each other, so i feel a little de trop (also, we're in sacto but that does make san francisco our home port-does that count?), but was just so pleased to stumple across this thread. if any of you have any tips for novice cruisers from the suburbs, we'd love to hear it.

We have never had a problem with the folks onboard. Lot of the time they say..."are you two brothers?" Well after 26 year together we do look a lot alike. We just smile and say.."no, partners"

You have to remember that the crew has seen everything and I mean EVERYTHING, so nothing would shock or suprise them.

yes, SAC is part of our wide open SF area. Welcome

"I was on that fateful, memorable cruise w/DESTCRZ. So was Cruiseone2003 (David). "

Ah the Celebrity Summit cruise via the Panama Canal, aka the Summitini cruise.....what a fun adventure. I will never forget the party the night before we transited the canal and the day trip to Isla Tortuga out of Isla Tortuga (Costa Rica) was awesome.

Hello everyone, allow me to re-introduce myself, name is David, my partner Terry and I live in SF and work from home. We are in the travel biz and I got to meet The Beav and Destcrz on this particular cruise.

My partner and I are leaving for Boston this Friday for a two day tour of the city then on Sunday I board RCI's Enchantment of the Seas for a 7night cruise up the New England coast and Eastern Canada. It's a working cruise actually which I am still trying to figure how am I supposed to get any work done on a cruise? I'm considering showing up with a big ole Mimosa for any morning seminars!

Hope to meet everyone at the next SF get together, maybe near Pier 35 the next time a ship is leaving port?

Take care everyone.

Enchantment of the Seas 9/2005

Crystal Harmony 5/2005

Dawn Princess 5/2005

Oosterdam 4/2005

NCL Spirit 9/2004

Pride of ALoha 6/2004

Sun Princess 5/2004

Monarch of the Seas 17Nov/2003

Summit 26Sep/2003

SS Jeremiah O'Brien 8/2003

Monarch of the Seas 6/2003