San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

White linen pants have been bannished to the closet for the duration.... I NEVER wear white shoes in S.F. anyway.

Yes, we're back- it was wonderful- had cocktails with Ted and Ralph a few times, and met lot of other fun folks. Sorry it's over, but we're that much closer to the Spring Cruise.

gails95608- we all chat as though we know eachother, and, yes some of us have met, but it all started here! (well except for Destcruz and me, but THAT story has been circulating around here for months now!;) ) Jump in! My usual reply is: "No, I'm not married, but I'm travelling with my partner." (pleasant smile, and produce Ed if he's around) Honestly, it hasn't been an issue of late.

Cheers, everyone. Let me know about a C-5 or city get together.

Andrew

Beav, a question regarding proper attire...are "tighty-whities" on cute guys still allowed? (gawd, I hope so!) :)

We had a wonderful cruise on Infinity. It was nice seeing Andrew again and finally meeting Ed. I believe there were 5 FOD's in 6 nights, and they were mostly scheduled in the Martini Bar which was also where our Cruise Critic gatherings were held, so that made it very interesting. Dinner in the United States was the perfect birthday gift for Ralph-the meal was absolutely phabulous!

Brian J-we'll let you know about any upcoming get-togethers. Where are you sailing in October/November?

Brian P-How was your cruise?

I think THE WC coffee clatch was back in April. Time certainly flies by!

If the Saturday thing worked well for everyone last time, then how about...

Saturday, Sept 17 or

Saturday, Oct 1

?????

Suggestions?

Brian J-we'll let you know about any upcoming get-togethers. Where are you sailing in October/November?

Dawn Princess round trip from San Francisco to Mexico (includes San Diego and Catalina) … I think. Sailing partners are either backing out or are in the hospital (and not looking good for going anywhere). I’d hate to give up the mini I have, but not sure if I’ll go single or not…

I think THE WC coffee clatch was back in April. Time certainly flies by!

If the Saturday thing worked well for everyone last time, then how about...

Saturday, Sept 17 or

Saturday, Oct 1

?????

Suggestions?

We can make the 17th. We'll be in Port Canaveral on 10/1 for our Mariner cruise.

Okay, looks like the 17th is a pretty good date, huh?

Brian (bdjam) how is that date for you? We definitely want you to come this time since you were off CRUISING in April.

And Tim (tjinwc) how's your dance card look for the 17th ???

Tedson, how very Hyacinth of you to mention the 17th is acceptable, however you'll be cruising on the 1st. As a late bloomer to the 'Keeping Up Appearances' club, you're coming along JUST fine!

Perfect, I will have lost the extra weight from the cruise by then! What to wear, what to wear...? Sun hat, bonnet, or what?

Suggested time?

Any non-'Deep East Bay' types, feel free to come- it's just a bridge and/or tunnel for heaven's sake! And you can shop in The WC afterwards- lots of free parking and luxe shops! O.k., so it's a little homogeneous, but first, why not change that, and second, there are fewer queens fighting over the right sizes at the Banana!;) And our Target has valet parking at X-mas!:D Really, quite a superior postal code...

Andrew

aaerobear, thanks for the kind reassurance. we recently celebrated our 25th anniversary, and my partner got grey hair very early (and is 10 years older), and we get alot of "are you mother and daughter?" in addition to "are you sisters". i do think in general 2 women sharing a room are regarded more benignly than 2 men.

Okay, looks like the 17th is a pretty good date, huh?

Brian (bdjam) how is that date for you? We definitely want you to come this time since you were off CRUISING in April.

And Tim (tjinwc) how's your dance card look for the 17th ???

Tedson, how very Hyacinth of you to mention the 17th is acceptable, however you'll be cruising on the 1st. As a late bloomer to the 'Keeping Up Appearances' club, you're coming along JUST fine!

Beav, thanks for the compliment (I think?) :)

So what do you think, Gents? 10? 10:30? 11?

Beav, thanks for the compliment (I think?) :)

So what do you think, Gents? 10? 10:30? 11?

But of course a compliment! You've embraced the Hyacinth lifestyle in record time.... Proceed merrily forward to the head of the class!

Coffee time? Anytime is fine with us. But I do wish both TJINWC and BDJAM would stop by and check the thread (but then those single guys live the BUSY life, don't they!!). We don't want to exclude either of them since TJ suggested the clatch, and BDJAM missed the last time. What would Hyacinth do in this most delicate situation ??? !!! ???

Gails95608 --- welcome to the club. Are you SURE you're ready for us ! ?? !

just so everyone knows... The San Francisco Gay Mens Chorus is sailing that evening (the 17th) on the Hornblower. It is their annual "cruisin the bay" fund raiser. It is truly a fun time. Not exactly a cruise ship, but what the heck.

We will be there with bells on. Maybe see some of you onboard.

Ed/Jeff

But I do wish both TJINWC and BDJAM would stop by and check the thread (but then those single guys live the BUSY life, don't they!!). We don't want to exclude either of them since TJ suggested the clatch, and BDJAM missed the last time.
Gentlemen – first my appreciation for keeping an eye out for me. Sometime I get lost you know…any help is always appreciated. Depending on the time, the 17th might not work for me. Actually, us single guys aren’t as busy as it might seem (at least I’m not) but it does seem that all the events for the month hit on one day. So I’m already booked for a charity event and a welcome home event for a friend. What are the plans for place and time?

But of course a compliment! You've embraced the Hyacinth lifestyle in record time.... Proceed merrily forward to the head of the class!

Coffee time? Anytime is fine with us. But I do wish both TJINWC and BDJAM would stop by and check the thread (but then those single guys live the BUSY life, don't they!!). We don't want to exclude either of them since TJ suggested the clatch, and BDJAM missed the last time. What would Hyacinth do in this most delicate situation ??? !!! ???

Gails95608 --- welcome to the club. Are you SURE you're ready for us ! ?? !

beav-well, you guys do sound pretty wild compared to two gals from the suburbs. but we're delighted to have auxilliary status. we'll be on our cruise on the 17 (and trying to watch our Monarchs wnba team championship game on espn on the cruise at nite), but would enjoy coming to some future gathering, if it's ok with everyone...by the way, we go to sanfrancisco every few months so my partner can see an art exhibit and i can have a "fine dining" experience. any reccomendations re splurge restaurants would be appreciated. (we've already been to fleur de lys, rubicon, campton place, gary danko, one market and ana mandara and la folie.)

So, Beav, the C-5 (or is it C-6?) is on for Saturday? Please confirm timing!

Last time, we met at Starbucks in Countrywood Shopping Center. I think the timing was 11:00 a.m. I walked in not knowing a soul, but most guys were wearing some form of cruise wear (logo caps and/or shirts, not black leather jackets and torn jeans! This IS Walnut Creek ,after all ;) ) so it was easy to find them. I may also bring my Welsh Corgi- see avatar, so it's pretty easy to spot him.

Directions: For those of you intrepid enough to venture there from the City or points West, take Highway 24 East out of Oakland (off 580 East, if you're "East Bay Challenged" as I was when I moved here) Go through the Caldecott Tunnel into lovely Contra Costa County. When Highway 24 gets to Walnut Creek, take 680 North (left three lanes) and then take the third exit (first exit is on the ramp from 24 to 680) which is Treat Blvd. Top of the ramp, turn right, go through five lights. Right after the fifth light (at Bancroft), turn right into Countrywood Shopping Center. The Starbucks is ahead on your left, with a lovely deck, fountains, and a stunning view of the parking lot with all those suburban housewifes doing their shopping in their Suburbans. Think 'Desperate housewives!'

Hope this works out!

Andrew

11:00am is fine as far as we're concerned. Count us in!

JohnM, if you or anyone else from the City want to come out to the burbs, we can offer limo service to/from BART! Seating capacity limited, however, so make reservations early to avoid disappointment!! Although we'll be meeting THE WC (Walnut Creek) you'll want to take BART to Pleasant Hill station. Don't ask why.....just do it!

And yes, Countrywood provides the perfect "introduction to suburbia" for big bad City boys and girls as Blazerboy so eloquenty stated.

11:00am is fine as far as we're concerned. Count us in!

Ladies and gentlemen – my apologies for not being able to make this meet – my other commitment overlaps the 11:00 meeting time frame. So hopefully, next time! Third time’s a charm, right?

Oh Dear - did I miss something???

:confused:

(busily unpacking the boas, leather and fur....)

Brian – there was a planned 11:00 meeting on Saturday in Walnut Creek. Don’t know if it actually went off or not – I missed out… :(

The C-6 went off as planned, I wore a blazer, natch,:rolleyes: and Hubble the Corgi joined in the festivities. But we all said that, while the weather was wonderful, and the location convenient (and the company charming;) ),that we'd all be glad to have a San Francisco gathering again, too. So, Brian (BEPSF) and others, something this Fall? Just thought we'd start the ball rolling, knowing that many have October cruises (not me :( ) and it may take a while to find a good time.

Andrew

My partner and I are going on our first cruise together on the Dawn Princess. Anyone else from this Board travelling on this cruise as well?

Just in case, I think I will start a roll call as well. :)

Do you think you can change that sailing date to 10/31? My ex and two of my friends (partners) were booked for that sailing – side by side mini suites. My ex bailed on me (must have something to do with his new boyfriend) and one of the other two guys is very ill and I don’t think will be able to make the cruise. So, I’m probably going to be all by my lonesome…! I started a roll call myself but no responses – I might go back 50 or so pages to find it and bump it up!