San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

:eek: Heavens no, my dear boy, just drinking them in moderation! Used to be able to drink copious amounts and not embarass myself terribly. You grow old, metabolism changes, things start to affect you differently.... now, I have to ration them to maybe once a week, and no more than two at a sitting. :(

As they say, growing old is not for the feint of heart.

And besides, who says martinis are a 'vice?':D

Andrew

Well put Andrew - I think I'll be virtuous this weekend also - as the infamous Dorothy Parker put it:

I'll have a martini

Two at the most

Three I'm under the table

Four I'm under the host!

BEAV and Gary presented us with some great plates and coasters with that little "toast" on it - unbeknownst to them that my other half uses the quote quite often!!!!

ec5b.jpg

My grandmother used that a a cocktail party in the early '80's- we'd never heard it before- she was in her dotage a little out of it, and our host asked her if she'd like another G&T. She primly quoted that saying, and it caused a bunch of us to gasp and spew our cocktails. Good ol' Granny!:D

Andrew

Damn.

I would've given anything to have a granny that enjoyed her nightly nip. Strongest thing mine ever drank was homemade boysenberry juice.

But I do remember one time when she and I were alone in the kitchen, and saw me notice a bottle of Manischewitz up HIGH in the cupboard. Her face turned beet red, albeit with a look of satisfied naughtiness. What a Pentecostal woman was doing with Manischewitz in her kitchen I'll never know. The mystery haunted me for years, although it did divert my attention from the mind trips of puberty.....

. . . . and just how long did it take you become "virtuous" like Blazerboy????

Boy, I'll never tell........

10102807.jpg

But we all know boys from West Virginia became "virtuous" at a very, VERY early age:

Blanche to Dorothy: "We mature faster in the South.....I think it's the humidity..."

Dorothy to Blanche: "I think it's the gin...."

Never going to live that down- and it wasn't even that funny, but Ed embellished! :o They even nick-named me 'Bubbles' on that rollcall- sounds like a bad '60's stripper to me:rolleyes: And, no, that doesn't make it MORE appropriate!

Tell Rita to go back and visit her "old" rollcall!

And just booked a future 'surprise' cruise (Shh, don't tell Ed, not even you, Ted!), and we'll be cruising with Gail (tuggers). Eventually, there won't even be two degrees of separation!

Andrew

Hi All---It was probably a senior moment, but I could not find this post last weekend and, as a result, did not make it to WC for the get together. How was it? The next cruise for Bob and myself is a farewell to Harmony on 11/8--a 10 days Mexican Rivera cruise R/T LA. DestCruz--Thank you for the Dorothy Parker quote--it has been a long time since I heard that one--I LOVE IT! What is the date for your & our BEAV's upcoming Symphony New England cruise? Bob learned that Ron Goodman, the cruise director for our Harmony cruise, got a new job with Silversea just 8 hours after he accepted his severance pay from Crystal. I do think we should have a get together in SF again--Martini's bar is a nice spot so my vote is to do it there again. Anyone suggest a Saturday date?

Hi All---It was probably a senior moment, but I could not find this post last weekend and, as a result, did not make it to WC for the get together. How was it? The next cruise for Bob and myself is a farewell to Harmony on 11/8--a 10 days Mexican Rivera cruise R/T LA. DestCruz--Thank you for the Dorothy Parker quote--it has been a long time since I heard that one--I LOVE IT! What is the date for your & our BEAV's upcoming Symphony New England cruise? Bob learned that Ron Goodman, the cruise director for our Harmony cruise, got a new job with Silversea just 8 hours after he accepted his severance pay from Crystal. I do think we should have a get together in SF again--Martini's bar is a nice spot so my vote is to do it there again. Anyone suggest a Saturday date?

Oh darn! I should check in more often... I live in WC and I missed the get together. Here is a kick in the butt to myself (check in more often)

:(