San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

• 2 weeks later...

...have you and Ralph decided to come to HAL?

I think it's a great idea that you'll be able to visit family before or after the cruise - I'm planning to do the same and see my sister in VA, probably post-cruise...

(Gotta give the kids their souvenirs!)

We have lots of private parties planned - including a CC Bon Voyage dinner party in Manhattan the night prior to sailing, dinner parties and luncheons in the Grill Room, etc - and as you know, the Caribbean is wonderful in February!

We'll get to see the naming ceremony and I'm sure NYC will put on a grand show for the inaugural! There will be special commemorative souveneirs, celebrities and dignitaries aboard, etc.

So far, there are at least 4 gay men coming that I know of - if you and another couple that I'm working on come along, that will make 8 of us plus the 18 or so others from CC that are booked...

Personally, I'm looking forward to standing on deck bundled up in my cashmere with a cocktail toasting Lady Liberty as we sail away from NYC.

BTW: You know I left WF. Studying for my real estate license now...

:D

Beav? Andrew? You guys wanna bust out the steamer trunks again and come with? ;)

Brian, if you sell real estate like you sell people on cruising, you'll be a big success :D No, I didn't know you had departed the Farg...I'll miss our little inter-office email chats :rolleyes: Ralph is doing an obligatory trip to visit his folks in NY next month, so not sure he'd want to go back east again that soon. And I think my manager is doing the Dawn Princess 10-day SF round trip in February so I wouldn't be able to get the time off.

But I really do want to try Holland America someday :o

we just booked this- are any of you thinking of going? also, can you reassure us- our ta says sailing out of san francisco heading north is very bumpy and we need to take seasick rx. (we took crystal from vancouver to san francisco memorial day with no problem.)

Gail, we did this same cruise on Princess two years ago, and did the reverse for six days this Fall. Both tinmes were vbery smooth. We'd like to do this one, too, but have a few others booked for '06, so we'll have to wait until the last minute to see if that works out. I think BruceMcDou is on that one, though.

Andrw

Hey guys:

Just found out that the Queen Mary 2 will have its Maiden Call in San Francisco on February 4, 2007 as part of their "Around the world in 80 days" sailing. The ship will overnight over here and will depart on the 5th.

Beav: haven't posted for a while but have been following your thread about the Spirit. It is like I have always said about NCL: there are so many corners that you can cut to save money before you can actually notice it. However, NCL has gone way beyond that line and you can tell that all they want from you, as you said, is every dime you got!

Andres

Hey guys:

Just found out that the Queen Mary 2 will have its Maiden Call in San Francisco on February 4, 2007 as part of their "Around the world in 80 days" sailing. The ship will overnight over here and will depart on the 5th.

Andres

Yes, I'd say that this is a great time to make nice w/ your TA and get an invite to a QM2 ships tour & luncheon! ;)

Andrew, Beav, et al -- Methinks this is also an excuse for a cocktail party :D

Floris, Thought you'd posted once that you might be on the TA! Great!

Also, I use the photo you took (think it was you) of the Infinity under the Bay Bridge pre-drydock as my screen saver, so thank you for that!

Check out the roll call if you want- seems like a good group.

Andrew

we have a $50 off celebrity coupon which can be used by anyone for any new celebrity booking, but the reservation must be made by november 19. if any of you want to use this, let me know, and i'll give you the code# and then mail you the coupon. also, thanks to all of you who reassured me re san francisco turbulent waters.(now all we have to worry about is pirates.)

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd say hello. New to the group and always looking for new friends/travel companions. If anyone is interested in setting up a time to meet for a group happy hour/coffee etc, count me in (and if I'm in town, I'll help coordinate)...Ken

Hi Ken, welcome to the group. The "East Bay Contingent" has met for coffee twice, but the last get-together on your side of the Bay was back on Pride Parade weekend, so I guess we're overdue for another. Are you still going on the Disney Cruise?

• 4 weeks later...
I was wondering that myself, a friend said it was "HOPE" but it does not look like that. I need to drive down there and do some snooping.

Ed

Hmmm - no Carnival ship named "Hope"

...maybe they misread the name and its really the Holiday