Are Pre-Docs A Thing of the Past?

Paul NH

We made our final payment on March 9 for our June 9 voyage. After being told by the person who took the payment over the phone that the documentation had been mailed out to us (Really? Already mailed out before we had even made our final payment?) I waited patiently for almost three weeks for the Pre-Docs, but nothing arrived.

So I called Cunard and they said they were running late on mailing out the documents, and that it would be several weeks more before they were mailed. In fact she said, they might end up being mailed with the tickets. ????????? (I was covering a number of questions, and wished in hindsight I had pursued this further - like, "How can they be mailed with the tickets, when the tickets supposedly aren't mailed out until the Guest Registration Form is completed ... which is in the Pre-Docs?).

Having read some of the posts here and already and knowing about the G.R.F. being available on the Cunard website, I asked her if I should just print the Guest Registration Form off the website, and she said, yes, I could do that.

Has Cunard given up on mailing out Pre-Docs? Has anyone with a sailing around early June received them? Has anyone who recently sailed, or are about to sail received the Pre-Docs, or is this a widespread pattern?

Paul

We received our pre-docs 3/11 for a 4/16 sailing, tix arrived 3/24. I was told by Cunard on 3/11 that the pre-docs had been mailed in December to our T/A, but I don't believe that to be the case. In that telephone call, I also found out that the GRF's mailed to Cunard in October had not been received, as they were moving (?) - I wonder when they were planning on telling us? However, everyone was very helpful, the GRF's were complete by phone with copies faxed for signatures and we found out we had been upgraded. Not the most organized, but I'm planning on having a great trip and to forget about the little stuff.

Other than getting our 4/28 sailing documents before the 4/22 sailing documents for this vacation, we have been very happy with booking directly through Cunard, and got our pre-docs with the 4/28 information. They did tell us all the documents should have been sent together and apologized that they were separate mailings. We were afraid they had mixed things up and didn't have us booked for the 4/22 crossing even though both trips were paid for the day we booked. Faxed them back the pre-docs, and still counting down the days until we sail. On our other voyages we also got our pre-docs at least a month early, and those sailings were booked with a TA. It worked out for us for each sailing.

Archived