Star Princess Baltic Question/Copenhagen

pj-atsea

I know that you can board the ship at noon on the day of embarkation, and that we don't sail until 9:00pm. My question is: can you leave the ship once you check in, and go sightseeing for a while or do you have to stay on board once checked in? If you can leave, Is the ship anywhere within walking distance to sights or shopping or cafes? Thank you.

Yes you can board and then get back off to sight see. You just need your cruise card to get on and off. I don't know if there is anything around the pier to visit. Princess will dock about three miles out of town so it's a short, but expensive, cab ride back in to town.

Yes, you can leave the ship and...Yes, you can walk to some sights. We walked to the Little Mermaid and strolled the boardwalk past the statue (cafes & shops were quite a ways farther). There is a chapel and an old fort to explore, also. It is all about 1 1/2 miles from the ship...easy flat walk. The cab ride to Nyhaven should cost less than $10...in my opinion well worth it.

Good information. Thanks. We're sailing on Aug 13 on the Star and will do the same thing. Normally, we'd use that time to get a drink and explore the ship but we'll be on the ship for 10 days and besides, Copenhagen deserves as much time as available to explore.

What hotel are you staying at pre or post cruise?

• 3 months later...

We spent the most part of embarkation day on a day trip to Helsignor. We arrived at the ship around 4pm and breezed right through check in. By the time we located our room, and checked it out it was time for the muster drill. If you miss the drill, you have to report on the following day in one of the lounges. The ship is not near a whole lot and it seemed like it was easier to do everything before getting on.

Archived