What does Carnival do with lost children?

slotten

I thought about throwing the kid overboard as well! How about a big tattoo going down the arm with the info?

I have been on some cruises where there seemed to be lots of lost children. Kids running loose without parents, some way too young. It's good to see people wanting to take preventative measures. I am fire/rescue and have participated in kid searches. It can be a sad ordeal.

I know you were kidding about the tattoo thing, but there is actually a product that can be used on children called the safety tat. We have used them in the past during our trips to Disney World and other amusement parks. The tattoo says "I am lost- please call" and then there is space to write my/DH's names and cell phone #s. I usually put the tattoo somewhere on my kid where it could only be seen if they were to pull their sleeve up high and show it to someone. I guess while on the ship- one could write their cabin #.

http://www.safetytat.com/

Thankfully, we have never had our children get separated from us other than the few heart stopping seconds when they have gotten off a ride and they were out of my line of sight for a second, but I can understand how quickly children can wander off...:(

I didn't read all the posts, so please don't get upset if I'm repeating...

My daughter has grown up going to DisneyWorld since she was a month old. Long before they put machines at the parks, I used the pet ID engraver at petsmart and put her first name and my cell phone number on the back of the little heart shaped tag.

For her first cruise, I spent the $5 and got one that had her name and our cabin number on it... Hindsight, I think it should be more like our last name and booking number for safety reasons.

But she's known since she could, to always look for someone with a name tag. We point them out at Disney world (at 3 years old we we'd say "You're lost - who do you go to and what do you do?" and she'd show us.

So upon boarding, always show kids what the name tags look like onboard.

If they're too young to know full name, etc, the highly recommend the ID tag. Also - one friend added the ship name to it, so that while in port if the child got lost (HEAVEN FORBID!), somebody could get her to the ship.

I worked for a Primary School 21 years.The First 2 weeks the student found it hard to find bus or tell staff what bus #.We found the only thing they couldn't lose was to put # on hand with sharpie.Should work with room#.

Each year my daughter comes home the first week of school with her lunch PIN written on her hand :)

I know you were kidding about the tattoo thing, but there is actually a product that can be used on children called the safety tat. We have used them in the past during our trips to Disney World and other amusement parks. The tattoo says "I am lost- please call" and then there is space to write my/DH's names and cell phone #s. I usually put the tattoo somewhere on my kid where it could only be seen if they were to pull their sleeve up high and show it to someone. I guess while on the ship- one could write their cabin #.

http://www.safetytat.com/

They should hand these out at the bars in Cozumel. Plus another one with a number for the port agent printed on it.

They should hand these out at the bars in Cozumel. Plus another one with a number for the port agent printed on it.

Omg they so should. Hub and I were at the old Carlos and Charlize and could barely get back to the boat. Luckily it Was the only one there. A few other stops that they should be used at is key west and new Orleans.

Archived