NCL Dawn HC cabin 11116

cruiser1955a

Does any one have any recent experience with this cabin ? Any pics ?

I did find a few pics from 2007 on the web, but was wondering whether anyone has used it recently, or any other HC balcony cabin on the Dawn.

Specifically, do you know whether there's a comfy arm chair ? Would NCL provide one upon request ? Rising from a sofa, or armless chair can be difficult.

We just returned from Bermuda on the Dawn in this cabin. There are no comfy chairs. There is a sofa. Husband didn't sit on it just layed on it. So it won't be easy getting up from it. The room is a good size has two small beds that we had the put together except they don't have the thing that some cruises have so you won't fall between.You can really notice that the beds are pushed together. Sorry I don't have any pictures we have stayed in the room numerous times so I don't bother with pictures anymore. We just love the mini suites.

There is one thing I didn't notice before is there is a metal plate on the balcony to level it out I thought before there were little ramps on each side.It made it a littlle harder for him to get out on the balcony by himself.

I also have to warn you this room is very noisey at night its right below the area between the pool and the garden Cafe. At numerous time from 2am till 4am it sounds like someone is pushing heavy carts over head. I'm a very light sleeper so it woke me up almost nightly.I couldn't figure out what was making the noise.WE aslo stayed in the other HC cabin on the other side same lay out. Can't remember about the noise factor though. I'll check my old pictures and see if I have any of the cabin. Happy sailing

Thank you very much ! My 86 year old parents will be in this cabin in 3 weeks, and that is very helpful information. I'm a little concerned about the noise. I'm hoping they will sleep through it. They will be separating the beds, so that won't be an issue.

Old pictures show a ramp on either side of the sliiding door (inside & on balcony). You're saying that there's a ramp inside which takes you to a slightly raised balcony now, so no ramp needed on the balcony side ?

Did you notice the noise problem on previous stays in this cabin, or only on this cruise ? Is it every night ?

I look forward to pictures, if you find any.

Thanks again.

Archived