Park and Cruise Hotels in Tampa

jillpra

Driving down for spring break to board Carnival Legend! New recommendations for clean, safe hotel to stay one night and park car! Need shuttle to and from port! Thanks!

Jilll

Hi Jill

Try this site to get an overview of availablity for stay, park and cruise hotels in Tampa.... https://secure.stay123.com/cruise-results.php?airport=202&day=2&month=3&year=2012&adults=1&children=0&rooms=1 - I used 01-Mar-2012 as the date to get ballpark prices.

I just got back from my cruise(Sept, 10th Carnival Inspiration) and we used Tahitian Inn. It was amazing! Had a Park and Cruise package. I booked it just for the before cruise stay but once we got there we went ahead and booked for the day we departed the ship as well. We got it for just under $100 bucks. They had a night guard and in a safe area. Nice restuarant and poolside bar. Were quick and helpful on the shuttle to and from. Just a suggestion.

• 4 weeks later...
I just got back from my cruise(Sept, 10th Carnival Inspiration) and we used Tahitian Inn. It was amazing! Had a Park and Cruise package. I booked it just for the before cruise stay but once we got there we went ahead and booked for the day we departed the ship as well. We got it for just under $100 bucks. They had a night guard and in a safe area. Nice restuarant and poolside bar. Were quick and helpful on the shuttle to and from. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for this info! We are staying at the Tahitian when we cruise next weekend. We did the Holiday Inn Rocky Point last year and it was barely OK. Thanks!

Karen

Now I am getting worried about staying at Holiday Inn...Does the Tahitian take you to the ship and pick you up? How far is it from the port? Thanks for your help

I have not stayed at the Tahitian but have heard nice things about it. I do not believe that they offer an airport shuttle or the pick-up after the cruise. The flat rate taxi fare from the port to Tampa Airport is $25 plus tip for up to 4 passengers. If you are already booked at the Holiday Inn, do not worry. We stayed there last year pre cruise and will again tomorrow night for our Sat cruise. The hotel is very clean, the staff friendly and the shuttles to and from the port are well organized. The hotel is in an upscale area and has a nice pool with a view of the bay and a decent hot breakfast. In addition all of your transportation needs are incl in their cruise pkg, which is a great deal for the price. This is the main reason why we stay here. They pick us up at the airport, take us to the port and back to the airport after the cruise, plus anywhere else within a 4 mile area if we need to go to pick up last minute supplies. There is the Bahama Breeze restaurant adjacent to the hotel parking lot for dinner, so that is very convenient. I will try and take some pics for you and others and come back on this board and post them.

Take care and don't worry, the hotel is fine, it's not 4 star but it's clean and they have good rates for all that is included.

Archived