Wine

aims2084

Going on the gem next week.... i know there is a $15 corkage fee for wine brought on the boat.... but do i bring it carry on or check it????

thanks for your help,

amy

Carry on. As you check in they will direct you to a table where they will charge the corkage fee to your account. I have read they also put stickers on the bottles but when we sailed last week, we had three large bottles and no stickers were put on the bottles. They did look up our account to verify that we paid the corkage fee when we took them to the dining room.

Take it in your carry-on.

I do the same thing. You should carry it on because if you stow it away in your checked bag, you will get called to the "Naughty room" because they are thinking you are trying to sneak it on.... my approach, be honest and upfront...

Plus what if the bottle broke.... not a great situation to be in..

Lisa

If you want to drink wine in your room, do u have to bring your own corkscrew

You can ask your steward to bring you one, ask a bartender for one, or have your wine in the dining room of choice and ask the sommelier to open it for you. Lots less hassle to just bring your own cheapie one. You can find them at discount stores, sometimes in the camping aisle.

You can ask your steward to bring you one, ask a bartender for one, or have your wine in the dining room of choice and ask the sommelier to open it for you. Lots less hassle to just bring your own cheapie one. You can find them at discount stores, sometimes in the camping aisle.

But don't put the Corkscrew in your carry on luggage! It will get confiscated at the airport faster than you can say TSA!

Archived