need shuttle from Orange Co. (J. Wayne) airport to San Pedro

nojoke

On Nov. 23, we must return our rental car to the Orange Co. (John Wayne) airport. Do you know of a shuttle service between there and the San Pedro port for Golden Princess? (I called 1 place and the price was $79--hoping for less expensive!) Thanks!

On Nov. 23, we must return our rental car to the Orange Co. (John Wayne) airport. Do you know of a shuttle service between there and the San Pedro port for Golden Princess? (I called 1 place and the price was $79--hoping for less expensive!) Thanks!

Try Suupershuttle. http://www.supershuttle.com/

You will need to call them for getting to the port from SNA. The is not exactly what would be common route.

For the cheapest prices go with www.supershuttle.com or www.primetime.com . Be aware that both of those will circle the airport until they have a full van and you will make multiple stops on the way to the port. For the best service, go with www.karmel.com . They don't circle the airport and will make a maximum of one other stop n your way to the port. Check them all out and decide which is more important to you, time or money.

Enjoy

Ron

For the cheapest prices go with www.supershuttle.com or www.primetime.com . Be aware that both of those will circle the airport until they have a full van and you will make multiple stops on the way to the port. For the best service, go with www.karmel.com . They don't circle the airport and will make a maximum of one other stop n your way to the port. Check them all out and decide which is more important to you, time or money.

Enjoy

Ron

Karmel does not service SNA and the vans at SNA do not circle the airport since there is only one area to get the van. They will wait some amount of time to get added passengers.

I had booked PT shuttle to pick us at from our house in December and take us to LA port and then the reverse two weeks later. Unfortunately the driver was sent to the harbor to pick us up on the day of our sailing....and two weeks later sent the driver to our house. To me, this (especially the second mistake) was inexcusable. So I can't recommend them.

I had booked PT shuttle to pick us at from our house in December and take us to LA port and then the reverse two weeks later. Unfortunately the driver was sent to the harbor to pick us up on the day of our sailing....and two weeks later sent the driver to our house. To me' date=' this (especially the second mistake) was inexcusable. So I can't recommend them.[/quote']

what a bummer! Thanks for the head's up!

I had booked PT shuttle to pick us at from our house in December and take us to LA port and then the reverse two weeks later. Unfortunately the driver was sent to the harbor to pick us up on the day of our sailing....and two weeks later sent the driver to our house. To me' date=' this (especially the second mistake) was inexcusable. So I can't recommend them.[/quote']

I found the opposite, PT OK Supper Shuttle bad service. How many times has PT given you bad service and how many times did you use them? A onetime thing could just be a abnormality.

I found the opposite, PT OK Supper Shuttle bad service. How many times has PT given you bad service and how many times did you use them? A onetime thing could just be a abnormality.

I would think that after that first mistake was made, the supervisor would take special care to make sure the same exact mistake wouldn't be made on the return trip. And even when their curbside rep was trying to get us a van (while he was also trying to resolve some other screwed up arrangements for other passengers), he called his office and the woman he was talking to was insisting that we were supposed to be at our house waiting for our pickup to go to the port...even after he said, no, this family is standing next to me at the harbor. I was standing next to him while he was talking to this twit. Didn't fill me with warm fuzzies about this company.

The next time we decide to use a shuttle service, I'm going to do a lot more research before we decide on a company.

We live near SNA and have used Karmel for years. They have never been late and we have always had very courteous drivers

thx.so much for the good words for Karmel--they have the most kudos of any that we have checked into.

• 2 weeks later...

My agent has been trying to arrange transport for me from LAX to hotel in San Pedro, she phoned super shuttle, the female there did not know where San Pedro was, or that there was a cruise terminal there.

According to this "dimwit" the cruise terminal was in LA close to LAX!!!!

My agent has been trying to arrange transport for me from LAX to hotel in San Pedro, she phoned super shuttle, the female there did not know where San Pedro was, or that there was a cruise terminal there.

She should know where San Pedro is where the cruise terminal is (officially called the World Cruise Center at the Port of Los Angeles). But San Pedro is actually in the City of Los Angeles (which is composed of many communities). San Pedro itself is not a separate city, even though there was a secession movement there about ten years ago. "Close to LAX," well that is relative.

Cruise Chick is correct, San Pedro is part of the city of Los Angeles. Bruin Steve has posted somewhere the long history of how some of these smaller towns became part of the city of Los Angeles. It is less than 20 miles away--so that is relatively close. But most of us natives talk distance in term of time, rather than miles. On a bad day, it could take more than one hour to get from LAX to San Pedro. For SuperShuttle, The cruise terminal is in the drop down menu (it is an "airport") but aren't you going to a hotel first? I would call again or have some one do it on line for you.

Archived