Spirit 30th sept - money

paulaud

Hi Guys

We sail on the Spirit on Friday 30th. Looking forward to the trip but what should we take for spending money, Sterling cash, Euros or travellers cheques. I know the format while we are on the ship but just thinking about during the day. Do Thomsons give you a reasonable exchange rate on the ship?

Finally anyone else going on this trip?

We took £200 worth of Euros, to get us started in the ports.

After that we just used debit card for retail purchases, where accepted, or local ATM machines.

Don't forget to keep some Euros or Sterling on you on the last night/disembarkation day if you feel like tipping any waiters or cabin stewards.

I was on the same trip on the 16th Sep. I took 110 euros and came home with 5...

That was for two of us and most of it went on postcards and drinks/ice-cream while ashore in Mykonos and Katakolon (plus 8 euros for the 2 little must-see museums in Katakolon). Oh, and 3 euros each for the train into Athens to see the Acropolis.

For other things (souvenirs etc) I used my credit card...

If you do need a few more the Reception can do it for you on board and for the small amounts you would likely need for the last few days, say, the handling charge is pretty irrelevant!

Archived