OMG Did I really DO THIS!!

Blondie008

As much as I hate to admit it, next year sees my big "I am the big F£$%^N FIFTY and I will rock my birthday:D

Recent plans included a mega glam rock bash, complete with rock band, the full works...but then...

DH says to me...is this what you REALLY want? All this money for one night???

So anyway, I got to messing around on the net, and seeing what I could come up with for a birthday treat as opposed to a party. (I am still gonnna have a party but not as lavish!)

I travel the Caribbean a lot, and wanted something different. I have easy access to Spain and the med, and it wouldnt be a big deal...

I love African Asian countries, but business commitments wont allow the time out..

So yesterday, on a quick browse across the net, I find a costa cruise, no flying, port intensive all aside from one where we have not visited before, leaving day after my birthday but travelling down on my birthday, means party with friends en route..

One balcony left, one suite left, ... in a 30 second decision..grabbed the suite!

Have cruised many lines, fave being Celebrity until the smoking ban, worst..good old blightys P&O...(hate Brit cruising!)...

I have two B2B cruises on Carnival booked for early 2012...

And here I am... researching Costa ... kind of "after the horse has bolted!"...

Checked out some stuff today, I did say to my DH..betcha we hear "Volari" a few times :) sure enough, youtube confirmed this..;)

Everything looks good so far..

We are pretty much party people, like to live life to the max, like multi cultural, and recently starred on an Italian related TV programme so have a lot of Scots/Italian links...

Suite perks look VERY good!!! One question..travel agent said to me "Butler on Request"... Is this right? Do we need to request our butler. Not wishing to sound like a spoiled mama but I am very Butler savvy... do I NEED to request a Butler???

Music on board?? Are all the band in Italian? Any bands singing in English? love live music, whats the live music situation on Costa??

Looking at magica it appears to look like a Carnival ship?? Is it identical in build to any carnival ship, if so, which one?

What d ye think?? Right decision? 8 night cruise V 1 night party? What would you have done?? The band I wanted for my party cost £1500.. that was the band alone!! I got this cruise for two of us for £2800.... less than we would spend on the party..(as I say still gonnna have a weeeeeeeeeee party).

How about quiet spots on board? Anywhere up on deck like carnivals serenity area to chill out (aka recovering from night before!)...

Smoking? In which lounges on the Magica can we smoke? My TA said line was still very lenient on smoking?? This was one question I asked my TA about as I just dont do non smoking cruise lines.

I have read obviously some negative stuff...but I am a "my glass is half full" kind of girl... anything however I really need to be wary of?

Drinks packages? These look good?? Any drinks packages with champagne or good sparkling included??

I couldnt find a speciality restaurant? Is this the case? No biggie but would be a bonus?

Comments appreciated!

Blondie 008 Go girl, our belated wedding anniversary is on Pacifica 26 Oct back to the Holyland to see what we missed last month on Celebrity.

Anyway, Costa entertainment is very deversified, the main shows tend to be continental style lots of dancers and cabaret style acts , yes the singers sing in English Italian Spanish what ever.The various bands around the ship, like most cruises , are all nationalities.One cruise we did had Los Paraguayos as a cabaret act, one of my favourite groups. too boot. Basically GO WITH THE FLOW, as it is your birthday treat.Cannot wait for my 75 th (3 more to go) so I can go for a suite.

Blondie 008 Go girl, our belated wedding anniversary is on Pacifica 26 Oct back to the Holyland to see what we missed last month on Celebrity.

Anyway, Costa entertainment is very deversified, the main shows tend to be continental style lots of dancers and cabaret style acts , yes the singers sing in English Italian Spanish what ever.The various bands around the ship, like most cruises , are all nationalities.One cruise we did had Los Paraguayos as a cabaret act, one of my favourite groups. too boot. Basically GO WITH THE FLOW, as it is your birthday treat.Cannot wait for my 75 th (3 more to go) so I can go for a suite.

Cheers Brian, we are very happy smiley people, takes a lot to Ps us off :), and as you say, we will "go with the flow". I love the itinerary, we cruise the caribbean so often, just nice to be doing a no fly cruise for first time in oooh almost ten years to the day I think;) We are not really into the shows any more, like more to enjoy music and ambience in the lounges... Dont wish your 75th on too soon LOL... thats the stuff though, enjoy life, happiness makes you young! I took my mother in law last week for an 80th birthday break. She said to me "oooh, here;s a wee old couple coming to talk to us"..they did..and they too were on their 80th birthday break..just my MUM in law is like 80 going on 40 ;) Thanks for your help!!

Blondie 008 As my late brother said "when you are old and rotund you can laugh at life and everything".That is is my motto laugh at everything and you will enjoy life.72 with a mental age of a 20 year old, some people do not like it but I still enjoy doing what I do and you can be miserable if you want, but it is not vewry pleasant to other people.Just remember the Goons and you know what I mean.

Blondie 008 As my late brother said "when you are old and rotund you can laugh at life and everything".That is is my motto laugh at everything and you will enjoy life.72 with a mental age of a 20 year old, some people do not like it but I still enjoy doing what I do and you can be miserable if you want, but it is not vewry pleasant to other people.Just remember the Goons and you know what I mean.

MMmmwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaah xoxoxoxoxo:D

Archived