Rita's Cantina on Radiance

Starry Eyes

I have not seen many reviews of Rita's since it was added to the Radiance. I recently ate there and thought I would share.

We had no difficulty getting a table without reservations. there was plenty of room every time we walked past.

The place is spotless. I found the setting attractive. The location is somewhat sheltered, but open air at the far end, so it could get hot or cold if the weather is less than perfect. We selected a table in the shade, but as we ate, the sun moved lower in the sky and was in our eyes. As there are no blinds, select your table or dining time carefully or bring your sun glasses.

Our waitstaff was pleasant, energetic and attentive.

The alacarte food prices were reasonable and the quantities were generous. however I thought the food was very, very, very mild for a Mexican style restaurant. I live in the Midwest and at home I order stuff medium spicy; everything we received at Rita's was only mildly spicy. The salsa was boringly mild. The habenaro sauce was somewhat spicy but oddly sweet at the same time. The serving of faitas was generous, but came out on a steak warming tray, lacking the fun and tasty sizzling burned crustiness from a hot cast iron pan.

Summary: Good service, nice setting, disappointing food. I hope Royal steps it up a notch, a big notch, preferably offering customers a choice of spice level.

Archived