Ship's time vs. Vallarta time

KY Deb

We are sailing this weekend on the Diamond, and it will be the weekend to change for daylight savings time. Will Vallarta time still be different than ship's time? Just so I understand, if the ship's time is noon, it would be 11 am Vallarta, right?

We are sailing this weekend on the Diamond, and it will be the weekend to change for daylight savings time. Will Vallarta time still be different than ship's time? Just so I understand, if the ship's time is noon, it would be 11 am Vallarta, right?

In October of 03 we sailed to PV on the Star. Ship's clock was the same as PV time.

On the Diamond, April 2004, ship's time was mountain, and PV central. All activities including excursions were based on ship's time.

Go figure, but keep your watch on ship time.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, there seems to be some inconsistancy here, or I'm just confused (well, I'm confused anyway :confused: ). Can I get some more answers to PV "local time" vs. "ship time"? Also, are Cabo and Mazatlan on the same time as PV?? I have a personal excusion planned for 10 AM in PV (local time) on May 4, and don't want to be late. Thanks!!!

Allmost all the ships have the same time as Mazatlan and Cabo. Just the Carnival Spirit which came a couple of weeks ago was on a different timinig. Puerto Vallarta is one hour ahead from Mazatlan. So I would imagine that 10 am PV should be 9AM ship time, just in case, check so you are not late.

Hi Folks

On any cruise I've been on, the Cruise Director and Shore Excursion staff have always advised to keep your watches on ship's time no matter what the local time is.

AND,

Don't forget if you sail at a specific time, be back onboard at least 30 mins prior to sailing time. Some limes even ask you for one hour in advance.

While in Port Said, Egypt, I watched as a young couple on their honeymoon waved farewell to the ship as we were 25 yards away from the dock. It is a long drive by bus from Port Said to Ashdod, Israel especially trying to get across the border with no passport.

Needless to say a hard lesson learned which I'm sure they'll never try again.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived