Bali tours

The Fox

Hi

We are cruising on Radiance early next year and one of our Ports is Bali.We are contemplating doing a private tour and designing it around our points of interest.

I was wondering if anyone has used a private tour company in Bali.

I would appreciate any feedback regarding professionalism,safety ,knowledge,language problems,punctuality etc.

Thanks

Col & Di:)

Hiya Col & Di

I think you guys are on the same cruise as us (Radiance 19th Feb). We were unsure of how to tackle Bali and were recommended a guide and have reserved for the day to scoot us around to places we want to see and that he recommends.

I think its best to go with people that you know others have used. But I'm not sure if that kinda info can be shared on this forum. (the T&C's have me more than a little confused).

Muz

We had wonderful service from Puto Sutiana last year. Have a look at www.thebalidriver.com He was very reasonably priced and provided us with an individualised and most enjoyable trip.

Otherwise or also search the Asia forum on this site where you will find recommenations for Putu as well as others.

Have a lovely trip.

There are many drivers in Bali and the quality ranges from really bad (dropping people at the wrong Port and they miss their ship) to really good (a great day with a personal touch and lots of local knowledge.

Our experience was the second type. :D We used this company http://www.balidrivergede.com/index.html

You will love Bali.

I was in Bali for two weeks a month ago. I recommended a driver to a friend who was on the Sun Princess at the same time..she tells me that she had a fantastic tour in a new car with an English speaking driver who took them everywhere. She said many of those who left it until they arrived in Benoa to hire one of the drivers waiting at the port were seriously ripped off paying many times over what she paid and seeing almost nothing.

At the very least agree the price beforehand..the driver and car should cost about $5AUD an hour. Have some idea of where you want to go and what you want to do. Be aware that the traffic in Bali is absolutely horrendous around Kuta.

I would suggest you head up to Ubud, great sights, volcvanos and temples, good shopping and quality souvenirs..it is really interesting to visit the spice farms where you cant taste the various bali coffee and teas plus see all the fruits etc. free of charge..the only charge is if you want to taste the famous Kopi Luak which is $5AUD a cup the most expensive coffee in the world.

I am happy to answer any questions about visiting Bali...it is a great place for a holiday but you can only see so much in one day.

Archived