Alternative to prepaid tips?!

TurnLeftKasey

Is there a way you can change it? Such as tip the staff directly instead of through the cruiseline?

you can always change it up or down based on what you want to do....some people I know prefer to personally hand the cash to the person so they always remove the tips....you just go to guest services to do it..

We always prepay our tips, if we don't, how does that work? Is it automatically added to our account when we get onboard? We were just looking at alternatives to prepaying?

Thanks!

whether you pre pay or not, your tips go on your sail and sign account. but if you have prepaid, there is also a debit on your account.

Is there a way you can change it? Such as tip the staff directly instead of through the cruiseline?

Yes, you can go to Guest Services and ask to have your auto-tips removed. Then just tip directly to the people you want to.

Remember that $1 per day of your auto-tips is distributed to 'Alternative Services' -and those are people you may or may not see/be aware are serving you.

click here

You can have the tips removed and give cash to the people.

But the automatic tips includes people who work the buffet area.

Although not working to directly serve you-- these people work just as hard for your cruise as the other people

How do you tip people that are not directly making your cruise a better experience.

You can have the tips removed and give cash to the people.

But the automatic tips includes people who work the buffet area.

Although not working to directly serve you-- these people work just as hard for your cruise as the other people

How do you tip people that are not directly making your cruise a better experience.

Usually we cruise w/ RCCL and we use the envelopes and we distribute them to everyone. I didn't know that additional tips go to buffett staff, of the few dollars more, its not a big deal... Just wanted to pay for entire cruise right now in early saver and didn't have the prepaid tips ($160 total for an 8 day cruise), so I just was questioning..

Usually we cruise w/ RCCL and we use the envelopes and we distribute them to everyone. I didn't know that additional tips go to buffett staff, of the few dollars more, its not a big deal... Just wanted to pay for entire cruise right now in early saver and didn't have the prepaid tips ($160 total for an 8 day cruise), so I just was questioning..

you can prepay tip anytime after final payment. (I think its up to 7 days before the cruise to prepay them)

Don't do this! Many who depend on your auto tips will receive nothing from you. Which buffet employees will you tip directly? It's not just the MDR employees the auto tips go to. Rather than removing the auto tip I choose to hand an additional tip to those employees who personalized their service in some way - like the MDR servers and bar servers.

Archived