No balcony-Epic TA

bridmo

I just checked there are many balconies left the price is 679$ for it AHHHHHHHHHH I paid a LOT more!!!They are all 679$ pp ;(

Will NCL adjust ????

We also saw $499 for inside and same price as you stated for balcony, we paid double that for our balcony through TA so will not get anything back, I was told by NCL that the price of cabins go up when their is 30 days and under, seems like that's not true:)

We also saw $499 for inside and same price as you stated for balcony, we paid double that for our balcony through TA so will not get anything back, I was told by NCL that the price of cabins go up when their is 30 days and under, seems like that's not true:)

NOT FAIR NCL REFUSES to lower our price or give us OBC How did that other couple get it???They did refuse it but got offers

We had this happen on one cruise a few years back. But every cruise we have been on since then, the price has continued to escalate. I think a lot of it has to do with the popularity of the itinerary and the ease of getting to port (i.e., Baltimore and Norfolk rarely see reductions...if any)

NOT FAIR NCL REFUSES to lower our price or give us OBC How did that other couple get it???They did refuse it but got offers

You may want to read this thread. OBC after final payment is becoming a thing of the past.

We paid about $400 more per person than a rate that was posted later. Our travel agent tried to get something for us, and they offered an upgrade. However, we must have a handicapped accessible cabin, and there were none available above the balcony cabins. Their only other offer was about $100 in onboard credit. The TA is still dealing with them, so I don't know how it will turn out for us. We're hoping for more onboard credit. :confused:

why is it not fair:confused:

If the price goes up do you call your TA and tell them to call NCL to pay the difference?

If they charged you more when prices increased then I'd say it's not fair that they won't lower your price.

In this case seems fair to me. sorry:(

Bill

Sometimes the reason the website shows minimal cabin availability and then suddenly has an increased amount of cabins, is that travel agents release back blocks of cabins they had assigned to them that have not sold. Sometimes it is very difficult to determine how crowded your ship will actually be until you get onboard.

We paid about $400 more per person than a rate that was posted later. Our travel agent tried to get something for us, and they offered an upgrade. However, we must have a handicapped accessible cabin, and there were none available above the balcony cabins. Their only other offer was about $100 in onboard credit. The TA is still dealing with them, so I don't know how it will turn out for us. We're hoping for more onboard credit. :confused:

As EVERY poster on the thread that you started on this topic has told you.. YOU DID NOT OVERPAY. The $400 less rate came up AFTER Final Payment. As people on this board well know, NCL drops rates after final payment in order to eliminate stock. It is basically an inventory clearance sale by NCL.

The price you paid when you booked initially was ok with you then so we really don't have a legitmate complaint. You were offered an upgrade which you turned down and then you were offered $104 per person OBC, which you also turned down because you want more money.

Would you be willing to pay more if the price goes up for your cruise...because that is what you logic points at.

It also appears that you have a bad TA because any good TA would know how NCL works and would have advised you to take the $104 OBC.

Finally, you started a thread on this very topic and never came back. Probably because no one there agreed with you and so you are looking for more sympathic ears over here. Any longtime NCL cruiser knows how this works.

THey offered to other couple not to us WHY???WE paid nearly double for our cruise!!!

Did you look at the link I suggested in my previous post? You will find your answer there. NCL (nor any other cruise line) is under any obligation to reduce the price of your cruise to match the last-minute pricing. Those prices are designed specifically to fill empty cabins. Your cabin is in the "filled" category. If they did it for someone else, it was at their discretion. Again, they are not obligated to do it at all.

You are NOT paying almost double for your cruise; rather bargain hunters who are free to travel on short notice are reaping the benefit of the reduced pricing. Sometimes waiting until the last minutes has its benefits. NCL owes you nothing.

Archived