Oasis of the Seas 9/17-9/24 Review

steeners81

Oh my god he was hysterical. I never understood how people made such a big deal about a cruise director until now. I would love to sail on another cruise with him.

ALL of my cruises had Richard Spacey as the Cruise director! (not planned at all) Can't wait to see if he is on my cruise in 6 days (I believe I read somewhere he is)

BTW great review of the cruise.

Do you happen to remember what time you did the zipline? Trying to decide if we should do the zipline first thing Saturday or wait for a sea day. I don't want to have to wait in a long line if at all possible.

At this point I started to remember I am a cyclist I have no upper body strength but I was not going to chicken out.

2024874370107301763S425x425Q85.jpg

The wall

2521964800107301763S425x425Q85.jpg

Cody climbing the wall

2278982510107301763S425x425Q85.jpg

There are no pictures of me on the wall because I am came down quicker then him and I would not do it again. I found out after I was done that I made it past the first bell but was concentrating so hard on how to get up I didn't realize. Oh well there is always next time...or not. Also during the week both rock walls were open and I never saw much of a line.

So after attempting to climb the wall what’s the next most logical thing to do do? Relax…nah we went to zip line. When we got up there there was no one there it was great. When you zip line you can have no jewelry on, all hats and glasses must come off and nothing in your pockets. I had never ziplined before but since we are doing it in Jamaica wanted to try it first on the ship

Cody zip lining

2877237040107301763S425x425Q85.jpg

Me zip lining

2637452360107301763S425x425Q85.jpg

Just want to state it again if you want to zipline or climg the rock wall do it when you get on the ship there was noone there.

After zip lining we decided to head back down to the cabin before the muster drill to see if my bag came yet. As we walked down the hallway I saw the attendant rolling it down the hallway so I quickly took it from her ecstatic that I had my surge protector and that I did not have to go to the naughty room. So I quickly unpacked and then we headed to the muster station. Our muster station was in the gym and they really pack you in there. You no longer have to bring life vests and the safety demo was done on the TV screens. They scanned your seapass cards to check you in so they know if you do not go to muster. Please go to muster on time because if you don’t the rest of us who had the common courtesy to get there on time are forced to wait. Stepping off my soap box now, thank you.

Nice formal night pictures! What time was the captain reception on the 2nd night? I don't want to miss this with scheduling dinner during it.

So where was I

After dinner we went to the captains reception in the promenade. Here is a pic of the captain with some of his officers.

2402870970107301763S425x425Q85.jpg

Then off to take as many pictures as we could. Here are a few of the different backdrops you can get for shots.

On the stairs next to the cupcake cupboard

2731051760107301763S425x425Q85.jpg

2293368520107301763S425x425Q85.jpg

By this really odd turquoise couch that we say people sleeping on throughout the week

2691941770107301763S425x425Q85.jpg

So the last one i highly recommend if you want pics it is out in central park.

2075399120107301763S425x425Q85.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi--can anyone email or post a copy of the kids schedule? We're cruising for the first time and would love to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks!

Did you get an answer? I'd love to see one as well for the 3-5 year olds - our DS will be using AO for the first time on our Oasis cruise in November.

• 3 months later...

Sorry i stopped checking this thread...if anyone needs copies of the kids compasses I still do have them. Either leave your email on here and I will email them to you or you can email me at steeners81 at yahoo.com just put kids compass in the subject

Archived