Which Port has the best zipline?

TracyL

We've zip lined several times before and love it. Has anyone done any of the zip lines in Ketchikan, Skagway or Juneau? I prefer a zip line that travels over canyons and rivers, the more adventurous the better. We've done one zip line that was just through the trees and it was a little too tame.

What does it feel like when you're on a zip line? I'm considering it for my trip next summer. I have teenage boys and I think that they will really enjoy it. I'm a little nervous, not afraid of heights or anything. I just don't like the feeling in your stomach when you're going down a hill on a roller coaster.

What does it feel like when you're on a zip line? I'm considering it for my trip next summer. I have teenage boys and I think that they will really enjoy it. I'm a little nervous, not afraid of heights or anything. I just don't like the feeling in your stomach when you're going down a hill on a roller coaster.

Any drop is gradual, you don't get that feeling of falling. We've ziplined four times and only once did we have anyone in the group that never got over their fright. After the first line, most people really get into it and can't wait for the next one. My husband doesn't like heights, he doesn't enjoy the zip lines as much as I do, however, he isn't fearful of them and never turns me down when I plan one. If you are only a little nervous, you should be fine. If you were terrified, I don't know if I would advise it.

To the OP TracyL if your husband is a bit nervous then you must be kind to him and NOT go to Icy Point's or at least don't make him. :D

It's over a mile long and you can't even see the people they are so small when they jump off... :eek:

To the OP TracyL if your husband is a bit nervous then you must be kind to him and NOT go to Icy Point's or at least don't make him. :D

It's over a mile long and you can't even see the people they are so small when they jump off... :eek:

I'm thinking of doing the Juneau zip line and the Icy Point, he will have the option of not doing Icy Point. I admit it, I'm greedy when it comes to zip lines, can't get my fill. :D

I'm thinking of doing the Juneau zip line and the Icy Point, he will have the option of not doing Icy Point. I admit it, I'm greedy when it comes to zip lines, can't get my fill. :D

OK then just give him an extra $20 for beers from the lady with the "Lawn Mower" beer barrel carrier at the dock and off you go. Great view from the landing area.

There are some good videos of the trip down the zip line on YouTube.

Archived