Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Welcome Ocean Nerd. You are doing really well with our efforts. Like Bunches I seem to be playing pingpong with a pound and a bit, but I am also confident that it will soon come off and stay off.

Nikki

Thanks Nikki! Positivity is the key! Sounds like you've hit one of those darn plateaus...ever notice how the beginning of plateau is plate? Keep at it and one day the skies will clear, the sun will beam down, and you will be rid of "that" pound for good!

Keep Up The Good Work!

Hey everyone! Sounds like you have a great group here. Mind if I join? I started weight watchers (for the second time around) in Aug and have lost 21lbs. I have 17 lbs till goal. I am hoping to have it off by summer, but I have hit a bit of a rough spot. Up and down each week. :mad:

My husband and two teenagers and I are hoping to sail on the Princess Star this Christmas, round trip LA to Hawaii and I definitely want the weight off before then. I am tired of my "mom swimsuits". I am not looking to wear a bikini, just something flattering.

Mel

Welcome to Ocean Nerd and Mel. It sounds like you two are off to a really good start. :)

Mel, my daughter and future son-in-law live in San Diego. I can't wait to fly out and visit. I have heard it's beautiful. They live within walking distance of the Pacific Beach area, if you know where that is.

Had my weigh-in today and I maintained. Not even a lousy .2 loss, but at least it wasn't a gain, so I'll work a little harder this week. I too, think that perhaps I need to work on adding in some more protein to my diet. I love the greek yogurts so my bump those up for more snacks.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Cari

Did my own weekly wi yesterday and lost 1.2 pounds. Yea, a loss. I have been bouncing around two pounds up two pounds down for weeks. Hopefully this is the beginning of something.

Hey way to go Bunches! This could be the break that you have been looking for! Keep up the good work.

Welcome to Melody. We are all trying to find the secret to our success and I hope that you are going to be as successful as many on here.

Nikki

I just wanted to mention that I tried the WW Celebration Cake 2 point bars and are they ever good !!! They have more of a cake consistency instead of the rice-crispy style that a lot of the bars seem to have. They tasted just like wedding/birthday cake and even have white frosting and sprinkles.

It is a nice little treat for only 2 pts.

:)

Hubby out golfing today so I cleaned the frig and made some WW vegetable soup. I had some soon to be useless tomatoes, some limp celery, green peppers, green beans, onions, cabbage and a bit of frozen peas. I also used some shredded carrots that I bought for cole slaw, so it is crammed with veggies. Went to put in chicken stock and I had none, so used low sodium tomato juice instead. Added garlic and a bit of Italian seasoning. Very nice flavour. This should help me in the next week.

Nikki

Had my WI this morning. It was good to see that I lost what I put on and another .6 as well. So it is official. Last weeks gain was mostly water due to my stupidly eating popcorn the night before a WI. I promise I will not make that mistake anytime soon. Last night I had a a small snack of the chocolate Fiber One cereal.

I went out with Rads and our hubbies for lunch. It appears that right after a WI is the best time for a meal out. Then we have 6 entire days to make up for a splurge and don't have to watch the menu as closely. We will see how that works on the next WI. Neither of us went wild but we ordered what looked good without too much guilt.

Nikki

Congrats Nikki! Congrats Bunches!! When it comes to weight loss, any negative is a BIG POSITIVE! Great job to all who lost this week!

My own personal report: down another pound so I hit my 5% goal!! Yay Me!

And like Nikki, I had to "Splurge". I call it Munchie Monday. A friend who has WI on Tuesday calls it Fat Tuesday. It's where we leave the guilt behind and indulge in a little (or a lot!) extra. Partly because WI for us is at 5:30 in the evening and lunch is at 10:45 in the morning, therefore, I still have almost all my daily points left after my meeting and am ravenous! Typically I'll have an afternoon snack but not on WI days. I cut out all food and drink about noon.

Tonight my indulgence was a New York style hot dog from Sonic... And cheese sticks. :o

This next WI is going to be a dud if I'm not careful. My DH is coming home after a two week business trip over seas and he will be wanting some "good country cooking", not to mention his birthday is tomorrow!

Just have to remember PORTION CONTROL and IF YOU EAT IT, COUNT IT! And it's ok to be "up" a little every now and again as long as you know the reason and can get back on track. With WI, timing is everything and it's a marathon, not a sprint... yadda yadda....

Happy Weight Loss!!! Thanks for letting me ramble on!

Now that my ME DAY is over, I must concentrate on what I am going to eat all day and all week. We are going out to a high tea tomorrow about 1:30, so I think that my dinner tomorrow will be a cup of the veggie soup I made on Sunday. We bought a roasted chicken at Costco yesterday so some cold chicken and green beans for dinner tonight. I may decide to bake a sweet potato as well. One of the dinners this week will have to be a breakfast for dinner as hubby is craving that. As he has discovered that turkey bacon is quite good, I am now able to keep the high fat real stuff out of the house and we can indulge in this meal more often now. I want to reach my 5 % before we leave the south to head back home because while our leader at home is very nice, the meetings there are dull compared to here and I won't enjoy them enough to pay the money every week. If I can reach my 5 % goal, then I will set a timeline of a few more without meetings until July. Then I plan to attend and lose the required 5 remaining pounds, maintain that to become a lifetime member and continue from there. This thread is hopefully all I need to be able to stay on track, because everyone here has come to the realization that this is a lifetime quest for us. Thank you so much.

Nikki

Hey Nikki.... Hopefully the hubby won't be reading this and I won't spoil your plan BUT, down here in the south we have a brand of bacon called Gwaltney that has a reduced fat variety that is 2 points for 4 slices. Compared to some turkey bacon, it's actually a little "better" as far as sodium, saturated fat, etc. AND it tastes great!

I had a challenging week this past week, with PMS making me crave sugar like crazy. I was a bit anxious about my weigh-in, but was pleasantly surprised that I still lost 2 pounds! I am usually one who loses a pound or less in a week, so that was a nice way to start my day! I have 11 months until my cruise, so lots of time to get down to my goal weight and learn how to maintain. I am thinking about all the cute new clothes I can wear on the ship and how I won't hate being in my bathing suit. :)

Carol

Way to go Carrolis! 2 pounds is an awesome achievement at any time, but when you crave sugar even more so.

Ocean Nerd, we have bought that brand when we are in the south and find it quite tasty. But because it is not available back home, I will not let hubby know about it. He can continue to enjoy the turkey bacon. No worries- he never looks at these threads.

Nikki

My weigh in is tomorrow and scale has not budged in weeks.:mad:

Look back to post 1098. Ocean Nerd posted some good tips to deal with plateaus. We all have trouble with these and need to find strategies that work for us. good Luck both with your WI and later as well.

Nikki

WI tomorrow and I just don't know. I've stayed within points all week, but don't think I've lost anything. Of course it's always depressing having a week like this especially after you watch The Biggest Loser and they lose 10 pounds in a week. Of course I know they exercise their butts off too, but still.

I bought a Richard Simmon's "Sweating to the Oldies" DVD and hope to get into a routine of doing that. Maybe that will shift some weight and get me off this plateau.

Good Morning everyone! Well I bit the bullet and decided that I just can't do WW on my own (was trying to do it w/o joining). Had a goal set and did not meet it so I ended joining WW online this morning. Knowing that I have to pay for it and the tracking on line should keep me in tow or at least it had better!

Here's to a great new week!:D

Good luck! I did the same thing you did and joined WW online! I love it. Best of all, I am down 13.2 pounds since. It has made me completely aware of eating healthy and exercising. Its all a lifestyle change. My job just got the WW program and everybody is struggling. I keep telling people to gang in there it takes 21 days to break a bad habit or develop a new one!!!

Well yesterday was my birthday and I ate too much. DH and I went to lunch at a new restaurant in town. Had chicken breast sandwich which wouldn't have been too bad except they grilled the sandwich (greasy bread) and had fries. Then DH had also gone and bought a cake and ice cream and snickerdoodles and I had some of everything. Thankfully only up one pound this morning so not too much of a set back. But I refuse to ignore special occasions and be a martyr. I enjoyed every bite. Now it's time to get back with it.

Bravo

Rejoined WW in February 2014 at 210 pounds after my first post retirement cruise to the Caribbean. I even have pics of Mr Puffy in his tux on that trip.

By late May I reached goal and lifetime and amazingly have maintained for almost 8 years and counting

I go to meetings but on line works too IF you are accountable to yourself.

Remember..its not a diet, its a change for life AND unlike diets there is nothing you have to deprive yourself of.

Enjoy the journey!!

Welcome back Readytocruise. Bunches considering it was your birthday, I think you did well. Because this IS a lifestyle, we need to remember that birthdays, holidays, special events happen all the time. We connot put our lives on hold and that is what 360 is all about. I prefer to call them ME DAYS, but whatever you call them they are for celebrating. And if desired foods are part of the celebration, so be it. After all we really try to be good and track all the healthy foods most of the time, so a celebration will keep us on track.

Thanks for the encouragement and a look at your awesome achievement, seavoyager6.

Nikki

Hi everyone, I just started WW online today, and am looking to talk with other cruisers. I'm looking to lose 100 lbs, and my next cruise is 2/1/14. I know I won't make goal by then, but hope to be well on the way to it by then.

So it's my first day, and I remember to bring lunch in, but I forgot breakfast at home! Duh. I was able to improvise with food I have in the office, but not a great way to start. But I'm happy that I was able to come up with something reasonable rather than just gorge myself.

I'm looking forward to talking to all of you.

Tracy