Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Tracy, welcome to our little group. I have over 100 pounds to lose and it's going slow for me. But then I just turned 58 and my metabolism has really changed and not for the better! But Dr. just put me on thyroid med so maybe that will kickstart things, hopefully.

Bravo

Rejoined WW in February 2014 at 210 pounds after my first post retirement cruise to the Caribbean. I even have pics of Mr Puffy in his tux on that trip.

By late May I reached goal and lifetime and amazingly have maintained for almost 8 years and counting

I go to meetings but on line works too IF you are accountable to yourself.

Remember..its not a diet, its a change for life AND unlike diets there is nothing you have to deprive yourself of.

Enjoy the journey!!

Edit....2004 not 2014 you moron

Welcome Tracy. THis great group will help to keep you motivated through your ups and downs. This is probably the only time that you will be cheered and feel good about the downs.

Sea voyager, I'm sure we all knew you meant '04. I will leave these great meetings here to go back home in a month and I am unsure that the on-line version will keep me accountable. Like Bunches, I am dreading that part of the journey.

Nikki

Thanks for the welcome backs everyone and Hi Tracy!

Have been on the WW site reading, reading and doing more reading! Lots to absorb. Trying to figure out the website but there is a lot on there.

Did great yesterday...ate exactly 26 points yesterday, drank 8 glasses of water and did all my fruits and veggies.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays on track today:):)

Bunches, I know exactly how you feel. This is the big birthday year (50) and I too suffered with thyroid issues. When I was diagnosed 6 years ago I also was suffering from Graves' disease. I just kept ballooning up. When I asked the doctor he told me unfortunately, I had to work twice as hard as the normal person to lose the weight. Got very discouraged and gave up smoking, breads and caffeine because I felt "why bother" with the exercises if I'm not going to lose. Since then, I have been off my meds for a year and I have never felt better. Starting WW was a little easier for me because I wiped bread and all caffeine from my diet. Anything is attainable if you set your mind to it. It's okay to treat yourself (I don't really like to use the word cheat) for those special times, as others have stated, after all this IS a life style change! Hang in there everyone I know you all can be successful!

Turning 50 was a big thing for me, but now I'm approaching 60 I'd be happy to turn 50 again! :) Yes, you can not have a "schedule" to keep with weight loss. You can "hope" to lose a certain amount by a certain date, but you can not obsess over it or you will sabatage yourself when it doesn't happen. I'm just happy I'm not gaining! Staying the same is progress in a way, too.

Happy Late Birthday Bunches...sorry I missed that post:o!

Had a great day yesterday, tried a recipe for Hot and Sour Soup that I found on WW. Turned out to be better than the Chinese restaurant.:D Not a big fan of tofu though so I ended up substituting chicken for the tofu.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week a head of them!

We went out for dinner and drinks last night. I splurged and had 2 cosmos, but didn't eat any of the appetizers. Nor did I eat more than 2 fries. We are having friends in for dinner this evening so I am about to fix turkey/spinach lasagna, a caesar salad with lowfat dressing and WW key lime pie for dessert. the entire meal should be about 12 pp. So I may also have a glass of wine with it. I will have a yugurt for breakfast and some 0 point soup for lunch.

Nikki

We went out for dinner and drinks last night. I splurged and had 2 cosmos, but didn't eat any of the appetizers. Nor did I eat more than 2 fries. We are having friends in for dinner this evening so I am about to fix turkey/spinach lasagna, a caesar salad with lowfat dressing and WW key lime pie for dessert. the entire meal should be about 12 pp. So I may also have a glass of wine with it. I will have a yugurt for breakfast and some 0 point soup for lunch.

Nikki

Oh wow! Your dinner sounds awesome! Going to have to look for the turkey/spinach lasagna recipe. Sounds yummy!

Hi Folks! Sounds like we've had a lot of celebrating going on! I have to add my 2 cents for the weekend... Hubby turned 40 last Tuesday but was away on a business trip so we celebrated double this weekend (Welcome Home and Happy 40th). Of course his chosen menu was BBQ (ribs and pork), home made potato salad, baked beans, corn, and of course cake and ice cream.

I tried to make it a little better by adding a big green salad to the mix so that maybe I could curb the rest, but, I don't think my little trick worked so well ;) Actually I think what's getting me more than this meal is all the sodium I've had lately. Can really tell a difference. :eek:

So I've already accepted that tomorrow's WI may not be so great BUT, this is a marathon, not a sprint, so there will be "ups" as well as "downs".

Love sharing with everyone's successes! Keep on losing!!!

I just make a regular lasagna recipe but sustitute ground turkey for ground beef. Whenever I do this substitution, I add about a Tbsp of worcestershire sauce whle the turkey is being browned. This gives it a wonderful flavour and many would not know that it is not beef. Do this for anything like shepherd's pie, spaghetti sauces ,etc. My favourite lasagna recipe calls for frozen, thawed , and well-drained spinach to be added to the ricotta cheese as well. Today I am cheating and using an already prepared lasagna that I bought from the refrigerated section in Costco.

Nikki

Okay...now everyone has me wanting lasagna:p

Had a day yesterday where I was just hungry all day long. No matter what I ate...just couldn't get full. I ate lots of carrots and celery for sure. Ended up dipping into my weekly points...went 4 points over my daily points. Would have been okay but ended up eating 2 fiber one brownies. So overall, guess it could have been worse...could have had something worse than fiber one brownies.

Hope everyone has a great day!:D:)

Fiber One brownies are my lifeline. I am a chocaholic and they satisfy the craving for sweets. That and my Dannon Greek Yogurt. Points are supposed to even out over the week so don't obsess over it. Just eat a few less on another day. It's a marathon, not a sprint!

Bravo to all entering or continuing your journey..

It works for me and will work for you too. There will be bumps in the road along the way. Don't let them derail you!!!

Here are a few small pieces of advice..

1 Try and fill your daily points target with as many power foods as you can and use them for healthy guidelines foods. Have a fruit or three for those snacks.

2 Don't be afraid to use your 49

3 Try and gradually increase activity. If you don't have an Activelink, I highly recommend it. I call it Big Brother because it's always watching and reminding me to get up off my butt and move

4. You can do it!! See you all at lifetime goal when you get there

Had my WI this morning. I lost .6 pound but I am satisfied because any loss is a victory. And after all the treats I indulged in last week, I will take any victory that comes my way.

Nikki

Good Job, Nikki! Like you said, any loss is a victory! And for me this week just not gaining was a victory. The scaled did not move at all, either way, but I will take it! Now that hubby is home and we are finished celebrating (at least for two weeks til our anniversary! :eek:) I am back on track!

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice seavoyager! It's easy to get discouraged when the scale doesn't move and it is always great to be able to come here and commiserate and celebrate!

96 Days til Cruise!!!

Thanks for the great advice seavoyager. And congrats Nikki, you're right about any loss being a good thing.

I didn't know I'd need to weigh in already, since I just started Friday, so will do it tomorrow. Not expecting anything in just a few days. Had a good food day today, came in under points unlike the previous 2 days. Had an evening snack of hummus with carrots, very yummy. Who knew you could enjoy hummus without fattening pita chips.

Thanks for the great advice seavoyager. And congrats Nikki, you're right about any loss being a good thing.

I didn't know I'd need to weigh in already, since I just started Friday, so will do it tomorrow. Not expecting anything in just a few days. Had a good food day today, came in under points unlike the previous 2 days. Had an evening snack of hummus with carrots, very yummy. Who knew you could enjoy hummus without fattening pita chips.

Hmmm...now I am confused. I started Friday also but I thought we just had our WI once a week and we would weigh in on Friday? Someone Help please:D

ready2cruz, I assumed it would be on Fridays, but when I logged in to WW online, it asked me for my weight. I just skipped past it to get to my tracker.

So I weighed myself this morning, and I lost 3.9 lbs, which I know is water weight, but I'll take it! Wouldn't it be nice if we could lose a lb a day!

ready2cruz, I assumed it would be on Fridays, but when I logged in to WW online, it asked me for my weight. I just skipped past it to get to my tracker.

So I weighed myself this morning, and I lost 3.9 lbs, which I know is water weight, but I'll take it! Wouldn't it be nice if we could lose a lb a day!

Congrats!

I had to go into WW online and change my WI date to match my starting date...Fridays. I am assuming you did not do this and this is why it asked for you to weigh in. Makes more sense now...thought I was losing it lol.

From what I read if you start on a Friday then you can go into your settings and change your weigh in date...on Friday WW will remind me to weigh in.

You can still go in and change it if you want so that it coincides with when you started.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Thanks for all the encouragement. I have lost a total of 10 pounds since my start in January when I count the same 2 pounds that I lose and gain again. Of course my total that counts is only 4.6 but that is still less than when I started. Being here for the winter is very difficult because my DH wants to constantly go out to eat and have a couple of drinks. Of course, having lunches out when shopping with the ladies also is a problem.When we are at home for the rest of the year that is not a problem as there is no place to go out to eat. I must get to my goal and maintain for a lifetime member before we return here in December. Only having to lose a couple of pounds will be easier than what I needed to do this winter. However, as I know this is a lifetime commitment, and not a diet, I do not feel down about the gain as I know that I will lose that again.

Nikki

Thank ready2cruz, I just found it and changed it.

Nikki, sorry to hear about your frustration. Eating out is a real downfall for me too. Bring on the most fattening things to eat, and a drink or two. I'm going to try to avoid eating out for awhile, since I know what a problem it is. I'm single, so no one else to convince me to go out often. lol Hang in there!

I still go out and eat once a week. Went out to Outback yesterday and behaved really well:D Had soup and salad...salad with no cheese or croutons and with fat free tangy tomato dressing. Did have a bowl of the bean soup...was good.

It is all a learning process on how to restructure eating. In the past I would never have ordered a salad w/o the cheese or croutons, but I am learning.

Heck, what am I talking about....in the past I would never have ordered a salad LOL! I know that over the past 8 years I have gained 15 lbs and have to get it back off.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!:)