Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

My problem is more that I have hit a plateau. I am eating within my points/calories and yet not losing. The last time this happened I slowly got off track and gained back 60 of the 88 pounds I lost. I am determined not to let that happen again, but so far the plateau has been since Christmas, so two months. I remember being told on WW that if you hang in long enough, it will break and you will start losing again. I am just worried about going on this cruise in June if it hasn't broken by then. I want to enjoy the food (that's part of the fun!) but not gain (a lot) on the cruise. I just don't want a major setback.

Ready2Cruz and TraceyDW....... You are correct that you only weigh in once per week. Some of us have been at this a while and our WI days just happen to coincide. ;) If you are just using the online tools, you can set your WI day to whatever day you want under settings. If you are actually going to the meetings, like me, your WI day should be your meeting day.

Bunches...

I'm sure you have tried lots of different things to break your plateau. Sometimes it might help to have someone else look at your routine and habits because even if you are technically doing what you are supposed to do, sometimes fresh eyes can see something that you may not realize is keeping you from losing. Just keep at it and don't give up! If you lost it once, you CAN lose it again... (the pounds, not your mind :D)

Good Morning Everyone! I have a question. Seems like I am hungry a lot the last 2 days. Just curious what you all do for hunger.

I have a feeling when looking at my charts that I am not eating enough protein but am eating what WW states but...due to med. issues I am suppose to have a high amount of proteins each day. I usually eat a lot of peanut butter but on WW it is so high in points. Thinking I might have to go back to drinking a protein shake.

Any Suggestions?

Edited by ready2cruzagain

i'm on my second week of weight watchers on line. i lost 5 pounds the first week plus i lost 2 the week before i started so i am at 7 pounds off so far. we cruise in august and i want to have 50 off by then...would love to have 55 off!!!

Good Morning Everyone! I have a question. Seems like I am hungry a lot the last 2 days. Just curious what you all do for hunger.

I have a feeling when looking at my charts that I am not eating enough protein but am eating what WW states but...due to med. issues I am suppose to have a high amount of proteins each day. I usually eat a lot of peanut butter but on WW it is so high in points. Thinking I might have to go back to drinking a protein shake.

Any Suggestions?

Try eating more of the green triangle power foods as most of your daily target.

Nonfat dairy, whole grains, fruits and veggies, lean meats, fish and vegetable proteins.

If you fill up with more of these filling foods you will probably feel less hungry and more satisfied

I just read an article last evening that seemed to imply that even though regular dairy products add to an increased calorie count there is an enzyme in the whole milk products that make a person's metabolism spped up and therefore are better for losing weight. Has anyone heard this? I plan on spending a little more time today doing some research on this. If nothing else, I may switch to drinking whole milk and keeping the other options lowfat ( yogurt, sourcream, cream cheese, etc) and reap the benefits of both ideas.

Nikki

Try eating more of the green triangle power foods as most of your daily target.

Nonfat dairy, whole grains, fruits and veggies, lean meats, fish and vegetable proteins.

If you fill up with more of these filling foods you will probably feel less hungry and more satisfied

Yes been eating a lot of these...but some of the Power Foods are so high in points ... kinda freaks me out lol. Not as hungry this am since did have an egg, a slice of bacon and a dry slice for breakfast. I have been having oatmeal but it really doesn't keep me full.

I probably am not really all that hungry but it is like trying to kick a habit.

I keep saying if I could quit smoking then surely I can lose this weight.:D Got to keep that in mind.

I just read an article last evening that seemed to imply that even though regular dairy products add to an increased calorie count there is an enzyme in the whole milk products that make a person's metabolism spped up and therefore are better for losing weight. Has anyone heard this? I plan on spending a little more time today doing some research on this. If nothing else, I may switch to drinking whole milk and keeping the other options lowfat ( yogurt, sourcream, cream cheese, etc) and reap the benefits of both ideas.

Nikki

The only difference between whole milk and fat free milk is FAT. And there are no known benefits to butterfat.

None

How important is it to get the 3 dairy servings in a day? This is one area that I am lacking in.

Pretty important in my opinion.

I'd recommend the smoothies WW sells. In a blender with a cup of skIm milk. Add a couple of portions of berries and/or a banana, ice...let the blender crush the ice and blend it all up and you have a low points plus two dairy plus fruit hunger beater all in one big glass.

Yes been eating a lot of these...but some of the Power Foods are so high in points ... kinda freaks me out lol. Not as hungry this am since did have an egg, a slice of bacon and a dry slice for breakfast. I have been having oatmeal but it really doesn't keep me full.

I probably am not really all that hungry but it is like trying to kick a habit.

I keep saying if I could quit smoking then surely I can lose this weight.:D Got to keep that in mind.

In addition to the power foods, try drinking a glass of water when you aren't really sure if what you are feeling is hunger or habit. Sometimes, mild dehydration sends the same signals to your body as hunger. You can never go wrong with water! It will hydrate you, flush out toxins, fill you up somewhat and give you time to decide if you really need to eat or if, like you said, it's just the habit!

And remember, sometimes our bodies are just more hungry than others and that's ok. Make the best choices you can and get back on track the next day/week!

My problem is more that I have hit a plateau. I am eating within my points/calories and yet not losing. The last time this happened I slowly got off track and gained back 60 of the 88 pounds I lost. I am determined not to let that happen again, but so far the plateau has been since Christmas, so two months. I remember being told on WW that if you hang in long enough, it will break and you will start losing again. I am just worried about going on this cruise in June if it hasn't broken by then. I want to enjoy the food (that's part of the fun!) but not gain (a lot) on the cruise. I just don't want a major setback.

I've been on a plateau since Christmas as well. Hang in there! I had a really good day yesterday with a big bowl of vegetable soup for lunch and was down a pound this morning! My weigh in is tomorrow. Must be good...We cruise in Dec.

Any Suggestions?

Protein - I eat a greek yogurt every morning for breakfast. I sometime have 3 oz of Trader Joe turkey for a snack with some baby carrots (2pts).

I drink a smoothie 4 or 5 mornings a week. I do not use any powdered product although I understand that the WW mixes are very good. All I do is put a small container ( or 1/2 cup of yogurt, between 1/2 and 3/4 c of milk) and some cut up fruit- berries, banana, pineapple, kiwi whatever I have either fresh or frozen. I am trying to remember to add a couple of tbsp of ground flax seed. Blend for about 15-30 seconds. That is it. If you are going to be having a very busy morning, be sure to use a fruit plus 1/2 a banana. This keeps me going for hours. I have been using non-fat Greek yogurt because of the extra protein it has. Total points - 4. and these are all power foods. They are also foods that you likely will have in your frig at all times so no problem with a quick, easy and nutritious breakfast.

Nikki

Greek yogurt has become my new breakfast BFF. I'm not much of a breakfast eater, and one of the individual cups of the brand I buy has 8g of protein and is 3pts each. I also like the turkey pepperoni sticks at Costco, and they are 1pt per stick. Good paired with a WW jalapeño string cheese stick, also 1pt.

I am happy to report I made my 10% tonight! I am so excited and happy! Some days are easier than others, but I don't get discouraged, and get back on the wagon.

Keep up the good choices everyone! Have a great week!

In addition to the power foods, try drinking a glass of water when you aren't really sure if what you are feeling is hunger or habit. Sometimes, mild dehydration sends the same signals to your body as hunger. You can never go wrong with water! It will hydrate you, flush out toxins, fill you up somewhat and give you time to decide if you really need to eat or if, like you said, it's just the habit!

And remember, sometimes our bodies are just more hungry than others and that's ok. Make the best choices you can and get back on track the next day/week!

My dh says there is no way I could drink more water...I already drink between 1/2 to 1 gallon a day and even more in the summer time. He rarely drinks water so it freaks him out LOL.

Greek yogurt has become my new breakfast BFF. I'm not much of a breakfast eater, and one of the individual cups of the brand I buy has 8g of protein and is 3pts each. I also like the turkey pepperoni sticks at Costco, and they are 1pt per stick. Good paired with a WW jalapeño string cheese stick, also 1pt.

I am happy to report I made my 10% tonight! I am so excited and happy! Some days are easier than others, but I don't get discouraged, and get back on the wagon.

Keep up the good choices everyone! Have a great week!

Congrats on the 10%!

Dh would never eat yogurt and since I cook breakfast for us every morning this would be out...might work for me a snack though. Will have to look into the turkey pepperoni sticks...sounds awesome!

I eat a lot of Greek Yogurt also. I get the Dannon Light and Fit. It's so filling and creamy. Well I won't have to worry about that for a day thought. Going for a colonoscopy tomorrow at 11 so no solid food for me until after it's over. It's tea and jello and clear broth until then. Hey, maybe this could break my plateau?

I eat a lot of Greek Yogurt also. I get the Dannon Light and Fit. It's so filling and creamy. Well I won't have to worry about that for a day thought. Going for a colonoscopy tomorrow at 11 so no solid food for me until after it's over. It's tea and jello and clear broth until then. Hey, maybe this could break my plateau?

:eek:Definitely not a way I would want to have to break a plateau but...if it works LOL. Good luck with your test!

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about it either! But it's been five years so time for another. DH did his last week. Well if it breaks the plateau it will definitely be worth it :). Just turned 58 so have got to keep up with all the check ups.

I'll be missing my yogurt and brownies today. I have a lovely bowl of jello in the fridge jelling. Yum...

Congrats Daisy, that's very exciting!

Good luck Bunches, not a fun 2 days. Since I'll turn 50 this year I'm going to have the pleasure, not. Not looking forward to it at all.

Have had a good few days, wondering what the scale will say tomorrow. I'm so glad for the weekly extra points, what a great idea. I dipped into them a little bit because of going to a friend's for dinner. I made the best of a spaghetti dinner, eating 1 cup of regular pasta with 1/2 cup of sauce, and a salad. I managed to avoid the garlic bread, which was really hard because it smelled so darn good. I brought dessert, angle food cake and the Strawberry Velvet Sauce recipe I found on the WW site. Seven points for a really yummy and healthy dessert, and I left the leftovers there so I wouldn't be tempted. I'm proud of myself, as desserts are my downfall.

Hi...

If you attend meetings ask your leader for help about plateaus. There is a pamphlet specifically geared to this situation that ALL members face. You are not alone.

If you are online look for a member forum about plateaus.

Without seeing your trackers I can't be certain but many times plateaus are the result of following the same eating routine for an extended period of time. If this is happening to you then change things up for a week or two. My trick is to switch to simply filling technique for a week.

Or just change breakfast which for me was the meal that lacked variety. Could be lunch or snack or whatever fits your pattern.

You can do it and you will

Good Morning Everyone! Well today is the end of my first week on WW online. I think I did pretty good but will know for sure later when I weigh in. Going out to lunch today but was able to calculate everything I am having on the website and have it all lined out...that is one thing I love...not having to guess what I can eat when going out.:D