Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Congrats Ready, that's terrific. I also finished my first week, and lost 5.8, which I can't believe. I'm drinking tons of water and eating as much veggies as I can. I'm going out to lunch tomorrow, and have been looking at the menu online, trying to figure out my best option. What's not an option is to go with my old habit and get a cheeseburger and fries. I'm committing here that I'm going with a healthy choice. Gotta keep my eye on the prize.

Thanks guys for the encouragement! I should know I am not going to lose a lot fast since only wanting to lose 15 lbs. (maybe 20).

Way to go Tracy!!!! That is awesome! I did great at lunch today. Ate 3 oz of my dh's steak...had salad and soup. Finding it a lot easier to eat out when dieting on WW.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Wow!! there have been some really great losses this week.Congrats to all the losers. I hope that your procedure went well Bunches. Those are never fun, but you are done for a few years.

I treated myself to a couple of peanut butter cookies yesterday but ate the correct number of points otherwise for the week, so I am hoping that my WI on Monday will still have the scale moving in the right direction. I need to pay for another month before I return home and the timing is right to get me to the week that we leave here. So Hopefully I will still be motivated to pay more money after a WI.

Nikki

It is also gorgeous here in S.C. We went to a Swing band concert in the vineyard yesterday. Had to leave early because I was dressed inappropriately for the weather ( wore all black) and got much too warm. We went to Five Guys for dinner because our favourite place was filled to capacity. Now I worry about the scales movement on Monday. Oh well, what is done is done, and because this is a lifetime journey, it won't be the last time. I still have 5 months to lose these last 15 pounds and practice maintainance before our October adventure.

Nikki

WI this week I was the same. Colonoscopy went well, but even with not eating for a day I didn't lose any weight! I Kind of wish we were all on the same cruise, as I've gotten to know some of you We leave the beginning of June but our roll call is pretty dead. I keep it alive by posting how many days till we sail every day.

Where are you cruising, Bunches? Our roll call has picked up a bit in the past month but there are still times when no one posts a thing for 3 or 4 days in a row. I don't want to be the only one posting, so I let it go as well. Happy to hear that the procedure went well. One of these days your plateau will break. It may even be this week when your body realizes that it got no real food for a couple of days.

Nikki

We cruise June 2 from San Juan. Our roll call goes days with no one posting either. So, as I said, I post a picture of the number of days till we cruise just to keep the thread from getting buried.

Hopefully the plateau will break soon. It's hard enough, sometimes, keeping within points when you are losing, but when you have nothing to show for your hard work, it's really depressing. I started around June 2nd last year and have only lost 23 since then. Of course that's better than gaining 23! But still...

Congrats edamethyst, that's great.

Nikki, great philosophy, it is a lifetime journey, one week won't make or break you.

Bunches, I'm sorry there was no movement, but glad you got the colonoscopy over with. And I really feel your frustration with the scale. I wish I had a suggestion for you, but being new, I can't think of anything. I'm sure someone will weigh in with some.

I cruise from Ft Lauderdale next February, and my roll call ebbs and flows with activity. I'm just glad we have enough already for a meet & mingle. My last cruise didn't have enough.

9:15 and I'm feeling a little hungry. Drinking tons of water, so that's not it. Still have some points left over, so I'm trying to decide the best thing to have.

Last cruise our meet and greet was held together by another lady and myself. We both booked a year and a half before cruise date. We just talked about day to day life for months before we finally got some other people onto the roll call. In the end, we did have enough for two meet and greets, so that was good. But we're only 82 days away and hardly anyone is on there. So I wonder...

Good Morning Everyone!

Bunches...I see you have sailed on the Pride twice. How do you like it? I love sailing out of Baltimore since it is only 6 hours from here and easy to drive but really wish they would change the itinerary for the Pride. Loved when Celebrity sailed out of Baltimore. Might have to try the Pride some day as a last minute cruise.

Another beautiful day in NW PA!! Of course tomorrow...snow lol.

Had a pretty good w/e. I am having an issue...wanting to step on the scales everyday. Need to stop that. At least I did not gain anything over the w/e.:D Going to try and hold off until my w/i day and then step on the scales.

Our last 2 cruises were cruise critic group cruises so the roll calls were very active. Really great cruises. I am having problems deciding which cruise we will be taking next. I know we will be sailing in Dec. but can't decide between the Carnival Liberty, Holland Nieuw Amsterdam, Crown Princess or looking at NCL Sun also. Decisions, decisions. We were definitely doing the Liberty but really leaning towards Holland now.

We sailed on the Pride because we could drive to the port (10 hours). We really like the Pride. It's easy to get around. Looking at the deck plan for the Valor, for some decks you need to go to a different deck to go fore or aft then back up or down to where you want to go. Seems very inconvenient to me. We'll see how it goes.

This was the most reasonably priced 7 day trip (with Carnival) around that time of year plus it goes to places we've never been before. Not looking forward to flying though. It's been a long time since I've flown. Last time was in 2001 in July coming home from adopting our daughter in Moscow. I was out checking how much suitcases weigh as mine, while fine for driving, is probably way too heavy to take on a flight. So need to buy a new, lighter one.

I weigh every day. It keeps me in check. I use "weight commander" to keep track of my daily weights so I can see the pattern and not worry about it.

Had my WI this morning. I was up .4 . Not much but it is in the wrong direction. My paid weeks are finished and now I pay $ 13 each time I go until I can get back home and buy a pass. That is either going to help keep me on track or become extremely frustrating. I may just go to the next few meetings for the information and do my weighin here before. I will be with my good friend who is lifetime and has already weighed in for March so that would give me the accountability I need, the info from the meeting, and the camaraderie.

Nikki

Nikki there must be something going around.... I was up .4 this week too! :( But I dipped into my "weekly" points much more than usual this week. It is very disappointing and sometimes makes me want to just eat all the more. However I know that I didn't gain it all back overnight and I won't lose it again overnight either. No matter how much I wish that were true! :)

I'm really sorry to hear that Nikki & OceanNerd. I know I'll be where you're at at some point. I've been doing a lot of reading on the WW site, and something I read yesterday about how to deal with plateaus might help:

Use a week of eating from one of your first weeks on Plan. Print out a week from your PointsPlus Tracker and follow it to the letter for a week. It helped you lose weight the first time and probably will again.

Just a thought that it might help, I don't know. Hang in there, it will come off!

Thanks for the suggestion Tracey. However, I toss my trackers right after I return from my WI. I try to mix up my number of points as well. One thing I have found is that it I start using my extra points. I am likely to weigh higher, no matter how few I use ( like even 5 or 6. SO what I try to do is use my 26 on one day, about 27 (using an extra point on day two), and then on day 3 using only 25. That way I am averaging 26 points daily but my body can't count on a specific number and get used to it. One day a week, I take a " me day" and eat whatever I want. These days may mean that I have eaten 32 or 33 points. I only have alcohol once a week and that is one drink or 4 points and I do track them. On occasion, I do have a single glass of wine, mixed with sparkling no cal water. This has been working, but as I have only about 8 pounds to go, my body doesn't always do what I want it to do. However, I am determined that these pounds are coming off and I will continue to mix it up and keep on keeping on.

Nikki

I'm really sorry to hear that Nikki & OceanNerd. I know I'll be where you're at at some point. I've been doing a lot of reading on the WW site, and something I read yesterday about how to deal with plateaus might help:

Use a week of eating from one of your first weeks on Plan. Print out a week from your PointsPlus Tracker and follow it to the letter for a week. It helped you lose weight the first time and probably will again.

Just a thought that it might help, I don't know. Hang in there, it will come off!

Thanks for the info! Will keep that in mind!:D

Good Morning everyone! Wow...bad day yesterday...well should I say last night. Went out to Outback and ended up eating some bloomin' onion and having a Fosters. Also, had steak and lobster but that was not too bad.

Well, today is a new day and I am one that thinks you have to have a treat everyonce in a while.:)

I decided to see what my body was doing in the middle of the week. I was over at my friend's house this afternoon, and weighed 1 pound less than on Monday. Of course different scales but so are the ones at WI.

Nikki