Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

I had that happen too Nikki, not quite sure what it was....I really cut back on fruit but I had a stand still for about 3 weeks. Our leader said it is your body getting use to less food/calories so it doesn't want to "let go" of any extra!! Then it gets use to it and you start losing again. I hung in there and sure enough I started losing again. So HANG in there!! :)

I hit my goal last Wed. Now to maintain or lose a tad bit more!! Sometimes I think maintaining is harder!!;)

I will continue to hang in. I know that I feel and look better than I did before. However it is frustrating to feel that I am doing everything and seeing only a minimum of progress. However a loss is NOT a gain. Congrats on making goal.

Nikki

WI today and very pleased with a -1.8 and a grand total of 17! Now if I could figure out why it is just chugging along. I know my age has a lot to do with it and because menopause is the devil incarnate.

If we all just do what is needed and make it part of our lives.....the pounds will follow! Afterall, what is the alternative?! We all can use our imaginations on that one and it is not a pretty picture:eek:

Keep ur eye on the prize and maybe we will learn a little something along the way.

What are your thoughts?

WI today and very pleased with a -1.8 and a grand total of 17! Now if I could figure out why it is just chugging along. I know my age has a lot to do with it and because menopause is the devil incarnate.

If we all just do what is needed and make it part of our lives.....the pounds will follow! Afterall, what is the alternative?! We all can use our imaginations on that one and it is not a pretty picture:eek:

Keep ur eye on the prize and maybe we will learn a little something along the way.

What are your thoughts?

Congrats on your loss :) How long ago did you start WW?

You're right, just make it a part of our lives and however long it takes, it takes. It took me over 3 years to lose 100 lbs. It felt like an eternity then, but now I'm like, "Eh, it was 3 years."

We have two choices. Make healthy changes and lose weight, however slowly. Or not, and at the very least maintain or probably gain. I'd gain if I didn't keep doing the things I learned along the way.

Congrats Lahlah on both this latest loss and on your total. I agree wholeheartedly with your philosophy. As long as I am eating in a much healthier manner, the pounds will go away, and time is irrelevant. Any loss or a maintenance is not a gain.

Nikki

I have lost about 44lbs so far. Now that means I have lots and lots of JELL-O and Cottage Cheese looking parts. LOL:D

Anyone know some magic to get rid of it?:confused:

I ride my stationary bike, do the wii - I also have been adding some pool exercise. I have bad knees so its hard to do alot.

HELP -

Congrats on your loss :) How long ago did you start WW?

You're right, just make itwe a part of our lives and however long it takes, it takes. It took me over 3 years to lose 100 lbs. It felt like an eternity then, but now I'm like, "Eh, it was 3 years."

We have two choices. Make healthy changes and lose weight, however slowly. Or not, a.nd at the very least maintain or probably gain. I'd gain if I didn't keep doing the things I learned along the way.

Congratulations...the truth is the three years was going to go by anyway....the loss may have been slow...but you clearly made very good use of your time.:)

Maybe we "diet veterans" do have an advantage....realistic expectations..we all know diets (life style changes call it what you will ) work ,if we play by the rules...and the eventual weight loss may take a while...resign ourselves to those two facts and then quietly get on with the journey... because one thing for sure that train (time) is leaving with or without us aboard.

Congrats to all the losers. I've been in Phoenix on business for the last several days. Did not exercise and ate some nAughty things. Stayed the same at WI. Thank God I didn't gain. Back home now and back on track. Wish me luck.

Weighed in today... and lost 7.8 pounds! Wow. Been going hard in the gym, but I was still surprised. Down 37 since the new year.

That is an amazing accomplishment! I bet you feel much more energetic.

Nikki

That is an amazing accomplishment! I bet you feel much more energetic.

Nikki

Thanks Sea and Gubby.

It's funny that you mention that. Each night this past week when I left the gym after my cardio, I would feel so energized, like run around the block for another mile energized. After the 5-10 minute drive home, I would be all stiff and waddle to my house. :-p

Lost another pound. Up to 12.5 off now.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen because I was having to guess at a lot of my food this week because I couldn't find a similar item online and I was snacking too much. Our Father's day BBQ where I had planned what I was going to eat got turned into a heavy Italian meal when my MIL panicked that the rain wasn't going to stop in time. It did of course.

I was even over for the first time in using my weekly points. :eek:

There are some true weight loss accomplishments here! But not only weight losses but those who have stayed the same after being "on" vacation.

It really is about developing good habits for the long haul cause it does take time to build that habit muscle.

I have been at it since the 1st week of January 2013! Slow.... but I am no muscle hyped up youngster anymore. "Diligence"...that is the word of the day!:D

Tuesday weigh in....no loss no gain...maybe I should turn the scales facing south.:D

Okay...let's try less fruit more walking.

I had this issue for 2 weeks and they told me to cut bananas. I did and lost 2.2 on my Saturday weigh in. I previously ate 1 banana every day. Hang in there :)

Saw an ad on TV last night for the new Dempster's Garden Vegetable bread with a model wondering how the other model was eating a sandwich. I'm now wondering also since 2 slices are 5 WW plus points, the same as WONDER+ INVISIBLES Bread. I'm sticking to my WW bread for 2 WW plus points and just eating some vegetables.

I have my WI at noon. I weighed on my bathroom scale and it looks like I am down another .6. That is in the right direction, but I was hoping for a little more. Oh well, all I can do is keep moving forward. Even a tiny loss is better than a gain.

Nikki

Official WI was .7 pounds. Even better than my scale! I have been quite good for the past few weeks, but with these results I am going to do my unofficial " MY DAY," days again on Wednesdays. By changing it up a bit, I am hoping to confuse whatever part of this body and convince it to let go of a little more fat than it seems to want to do. I will try this experiment until mid-July. Can't hurt if I continue to count.

Nikki

My WI was the same as you Nikki, down .7. But it's still a loss, and I'm at 33.7 lbs, so I'm happy. I can't relate to the fact that I've lost that much, my brain needs to catch up. lol

Great results, Tracey! Even with your brain in first gear, you are compiling good results in the pounds lost column. Have you started buying your new wardrobe yet?

Nikki

It's official. I am suffering from diet overload. I have been pretty faithfully following this plan for quite a while with a few glitches every so often. This week, I haven't been tracking, eating things that will do me no good, and acting as though I am a teenage fashion model with a 20 inch waist. It hit me last night that I was simply tired and fed up with the restrictions that I have been on as far as food goes for the past while. I hope that I haven't gone too far and will be able to pull myself out of this funk today. WW is a marvellous plan and it works. My mind however, was fed up and I rebelled this week. I am attempting to get back on track, and need to learn from this experience.

Nikki

I'm with you Nikki. I binged last night on something that's been in the house all along, and shouldn't have been. So at least it's gone now, can't do that again. Pull ourselves up and back to business. We can do it!