Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Hey everyone! Finally made it back from our cruise and finally over jet lag! It's been a crazy few weeks!!! I have to say, I finally hopped on the scale and much to my delight I only gained 2 lbs! I'll take it. I didn't skimp on any of the food and I had my share of alcoholic beverages. I did manage to work out 4 times along with the port intensive walking. I haven't had a chance to read all of the posts, but for me, it's time to get serious again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone! Finally made it back from our cruise and finally over jet lag! It's been a crazy few weeks!!! I have to say, I finally hopped on the scale and much to my delight I only gained 2 lbs! I'll take it. I didn't skimp on any of the food and I had my share of alcoholic beverages. I did manage to work out 4 times along with the port intensive walking. I haven't had a chance to read all of the posts, but for me, it's time to get serious again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back! Only gaining 2 pounds is a major feat. that is maintaining and some say that is harder than losing.

I hope that those of us having trouble, ( Tracey, Nancy and I ) can get over the feelings and start plugging away again real soon.

Nikki

Tuesday weigh in....drum roll please...lost 3 lbs :):):) After two weeks of treading water finally scale seems to reflect effort ( just like your advice said it would) Thanks for the support.

Soooo hot and humid here....too hot to walk even....speaking of treading water....I have been keeping cool in our pool...treading water in the deep end for exercise... up to my neck in water.I look like a sea otter in sun glasses and a sunhat :D who cares I am moving right ??

Hope everyone has a great week !!

That's fantastic Lisa, way to go. I'd say that's a victory.

Colleen, congrats! Glad you broke through. And good for you for using the pool to work out. It's ungodly hot and humid here too, too hot to move. I'm just staying in the AC!

Tuesday weigh in....drum roll please...lost 3 lbs

Good for you! I wish I had a pool, treading water is also my favorite thing to do. Swimming wise I'm a side or back stroker. Don't care for putting my face in the water all the time to do a proper front crawl.

I'm on hold this week. Hopefully next week will drop again. DH has already warned me that he wants to do lunch at a bad for me restaurant seen on Diners, drive ins and dives while we are in Michigan for a couple days before a July 20th. wedding.

Edited by KandCsailing

Way to go Colleen! I am hoping that I will get back in line again and be able to lose my last 10 pounds before the summer is out. I completely blew it for June as I had a goal to lose 5 pounds this month and will likely be up when I do my WI tomorrow. Diet fatigue is real for me, but no one said it was going to be easy and I need to get back on track.

We had quite the storm blow through a couple of hours ago and now the weather is great. About 78, sunny and quite breezy, humidity is gone.

Nikki

Thanks everyone for the congrats....sure nice to share the good and the bad. So much of this weight lost journey happens between the ears....mindset is everything .but it makes it easier when you realize everyone has the same struggles.

Still hot here...my daughter dropped by for a swim this evening ...there we were two water babies...chatting and treading water (no sun hat required :D)...hey do you think you use more activity points if it's after dark? :p;)

Edited by COLLEYBERRY

Thanks everyone for the congrats....sure nice to share the good and the bad. So much of this weight lost journey happens between the ears....mindset is everything .but it makes it easier when you realize everyone has the same struggles.

Still hot here...my daughter dropped by for a swim this evening ...there we were two water babies...chatting and treading water (no sun hat required :D)...hey do you think you use more activity points if it's after dark? :p;)

No, but you might earn more

Had my official WI at noon. I stayed the same after 2 weeks of rebellion. I seem to be getting the maintenance thing down pat, but first I have to lose those pesky pounds. I am out at a friend's for dinner this evening. However, this is my " Me Day," so I am not too concerned. Back on track tomorrow morning.

Nikki

WI this morning, down .4. I'll take it considering I had my time of rebellion too. I used almost all of my weekly extra points. I don't do well when I use them. But I've been on track now, so I'm staying strong.

Trying to stay on track, but had to toast my grand-daughter as she graduated from high school on Thursday evening. I did count it in my weekly allowance- well that and the cake her mom made. I know that when I start using those points, it doesn't make for a good week for me, but this is life.

Nikki

Great job SH...

I had a great week and got down below my WW goal weight losing 1.0 at my WI early this AM at 7:45

And, of course BRAVO to those putting themselves and their health ahead of any other daily or weekly obstacles that will ALWAYS be lying in wait. Stay focused, don't fall back to being the person who can't say NO. Be accountable and DO THIS for YOU

Trying to stay on track, but had to toast my grand-daughter as she graduated from high school on Thursday evening. I did count it in my weekly allowance- well that and the cake her mom made. I know that when I start using those points, it doesn't make for a good week for me, but this is life.

Nikki

Yep, stuff happens and you have to roll with it. :cool:

I had my Nephew's HS graduation lunch on Sat and had cake also. I was also the cake maker by request and had to taste the filling and icing as I made them. At least I'd baked and frozen the cake a couple weeks ago and tasted that part then.

So far we've eaten out 3 times in two days with the party and a day trip, but I've been trying to make smart choices and get doggy bags.

I was down .8 at WI Saturday morn. Yeah, I'm getting back on track. Not a real good weekend have to have a better week. Nancy

I love how accurate the WW weigh in scales are when some of you post.

My scale at home only goes in .5's.

One benefit of WW online is that I weigh in wearing just my panties every Monday morning. Try that at a meeting! :eek:;):D

THAT would certainly be a way to get more men to join. I often feel that I am at a shower as at our meetings I have never seen a male. Do they all feel uncomfortable and just do their meetings online?

Congrats to the losers. Every little bit is a victory.

Nikki

Hello everyone...Happy Canada Day....it happens to be my birthday too.:)

We celebrated yesterday...family gathered at our house and DD provided the menu...what a kid ..hardly a point to be found any where LOL

She's on WW with me and doing much better than Momma...aah the advantage of youth.

For appetizers she made a delicious salsa(tomato/sweet white onion /mango/ fresh cilantro /cumin and lime juice(with pita like chips made out of triangled oven toasted WW wraps.). Homemade Tzatziki with veggies.

Grilled chicken kabos served with a Greek Watermelon Salad (crumbled Feta ,little black olive rings and fresh mint,what a happy pairing with the watermelon)... there was a pasta salad as well (I had a little.. so good)

Later she brought out the cake ...she had halved a watermelon removed the rind..turn it so she had a dome of watermelon,,sliced a small bit off the top so not quite so rounded ,dried with a paper towel then covered it in low cal Cool Whip..on the top were kiwi and blackberries,,,the sides dusted in slivered almonds....how fun when cut and more to the point ,how hip friendly :D

Tuesday is weigh in...hope all goes well...though....how may points are in wine again ??:o:D

Colleen, with a meal like that, I hope you drank lots of wine. What a great daughter! She is definitely a keeper. The watermelon cake sounds beautiful and so good for you. Happy Birthday!!!!

We had a party here for Canada Day. While I was pretty good, I must admit that I did have a few bites of cheesecake. I prepared beef brisket, but didn't put it in a bun. I also nibbled on veggies and had cole slaw. My downfall was the white sangria, but it was very light on the wine and was mostly fruit and sparkling water.

Nikki