Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Thanks gubby..she is a pretty good kid ...so Tuesday weigh in (without panties :p:D) lost 1 lb...I will take it thank you very much. One less than last week. I just look back at all those pounds of butter left on the trail;)

Have a great day

I have been losing on average between three and six lb a week by cutting out caffeine , sugar and gluten and alcohol.

I exercise three times a week at boot camp / tabata training (ie like in biggest loser )

and I have lost over 70 lb in just over a year . I'm never hungry

Just watch what I choose to eat , and drink loads of water .

I now sleep really well and am starting to look and feel fantastic .

The reason weight watchers makes so much money is because people have to keep coming back when the weight comes creeping back on.

I'm cruising in 19 days and of course I'm going to be a tad naughty but I won't overdo it and will exercise daily to keep it off

Good luck everyone !!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Welcome Aquanaut. You have been doing a fantastic job. I need more of your dedication, but I am a little lazy, and there are still foods that I feel that I need to have once in a while. We had a Canada Day party here yesterday and I drank more than enough sangria. So there will likely be a gain for me this week.

Nikki

That's the thing . A lot if people fail because for one day ie Canada day .... They eat and drink without a care in the world, and the willpower to get back on the wagon the following day is the biggest hurdle ..... If you can do it , you're already a winner !!!

I joined WW almost 6 weeks ago and down 13.4 lbs so far. Super excited I found this topic and looking forward to reaching my goal and becoming a lifetime member.

I joined WW almost 6 weeks ago and down 13.4 lbs so far. Super excited I found this topic and looking forward to reaching my goal and becoming a lifetime member.

Welcome aboard. Hopefully the success you read about from folks following the program will be motivational and help yo stay focused. It does for me. Love losing and then maintaining without the deprivation of giving things up altogether or feeling you.are on a diet.

For the record. I made it through Canada Day with NO problems at all. Beimg from the lower 48 helped:)

Planning to also successfully get through Thursday, too

Had my weekly WI and I was up 1.2 pounds. I was expecting a gain, but not that much. I think it motivated me to be much better this week. I MUST stay away from the weekly allowance. A week with few treats is doable because the alternative is not. It is also time to dust off the treadmill and get my daily fix of GMA.

Nikki

Had my weekly WI and I was up 1.2 pounds. I was expecting a gain, but not that much. I think it motivated me to be much better this week. I MUST stay away from the weekly allowance. A week with few treats is doable because the alternative is not. It is also time to dust off the treadmill and get my daily fix of GMA.

Nikki

Nicki

Cut out bread / gluten and caffeine

And alcohol for a week and it will soon come falling off you

Caffeine and artificial sweeteners ( aspartame ESP) slow down your metabolism and you therefore burn less fat .

Trust me it works ! Good luck

I also had a gain of 1.2. My parents are visiting and we've been eating out for most meals. They leave Friday so I will do my best until then.

Nicki

Cut out bread / gluten and caffeine

And alcohol for a week and it will soon come falling off you

Caffeine and artificial sweeteners ( aspartame ESP) slow down your metabolism and you therefore burn less fat .

Trust me it works ! Good luck

Let me start by saying that I'm very happy for you that your diet plan of giving up bread, glutens, caffeine, alcohol and artificial sweeteners for seven days works for you.

But since this forum is about Weight Watchers points plus 360 plan, I feel.it is important to summarize a few things

Weight Watchers is a program created for a long term life style change to healthier eating incorporating portion control, accountability and increased activity. It includes NO cut outs and there are NO foods or food groups that.are banned.

Cutting out things is NOT recommended because after you cut them out for seven days, day 8 rolls around, your diet is done and off you go

Here's my advice, Nikki and anyone else struggling.

1) Incorporate the 9 healthy guidelines in your daily plan. Whole grains, low fat dairy, lean proteins, healthy oils, liquids, fruits and vegetables. The more of these in your daily points totals, the better as you will feel fuller longer and be more satisfied.

2) Track

3) Weigh and measure when possible

4) yes dust off the treadmill but if you really hate the treadmill,.just get out and walk and enjoy the summer

Sorry if I sounded preachy but I have been on the WW program since 1987, made goal for the third and final time in 2004 and have maintained since them

Trust me, it works

I will get my 16 week charm this week. I'm down 22 lbs so far, and I hope to reach goal before my next cruise at the end of August. I've done WW before online, but this is the first time for me to attend meeting. After eating poorly for nearly 2 years thanks to pregnancy and nursing, I needed to face someone each week to weigh in. It's working!

I will get my 16 week charm this week. I'm down 22 lbs so far, and I hope to reach goal before my next cruise at the end of August. I've done WW before online, but this is the first time for me to attend meeting. After eating poorly for nearly 2 years thanks to pregnancy and nursing, I needed to face someone each week to weigh in. It's working!

For the longest time i kept saying i could do it on my own and i didn't want to "waste" the money on joining. Clearly i'm not that disciplined and did need to join to get results LOL.

I joined and couldn't be happier about my decision. The etools make it so simple to follow and track.

Keep up the great work :D

I also feel that I need the WI face on for accountability. However, after this monthly pass is up on the 19th, I am going to have to give the meetings a break as we have a number of trips planned for the summer. In my region of Canada, a 4 week pass costs me just over $60. I am not going to spend

$ 15

for a service that I will not be using. We have no choice of meetings here, there is 1 a week. Although it is possible to attend other meetings, I am a very nervous driver and will not find a meeting where we may go as I will not drive in an unfamiliar place. I must trust the tracking and stay away from the weekly allowance. I also will continue to check in here as there is lots of advice and tons of encouragement.

Nikki

Edited by gubby

Let me start by saying that I'm very happy for you that your diet plan of giving up bread, glutens, caffeine, alcohol and artificial sweeteners for seven days works for you.

But since this forum is about Weight Watchers points plus 360 plan, I feel.it is important to summarize a few things

Weight Watchers is a program created for a long term life style change to healthier eating incorporating portion control, accountability and increased activity. It includes NO cut outs and there are NO foods or food groups that.are banned.

Cutting out things is NOT recommended because after you cut them out for seven days, day 8 rolls around, your diet is done and off you go

Here's my advice, Nikki and anyone else struggling.

1) Incorporate the 9 healthy guidelines in your daily plan. Whole grains, low fat dairy, lean proteins, healthy oils, liquids, fruits and vegetables. The more of these in your daily points totals, the better as you will feel fuller longer and be more satisfied.

2) Track

3) Weigh and measure when possible

4) yes dust off the treadmill but if you really hate the treadmill,.just get out and walk and enjoy the summer

Sorry if I sounded preachy but I have been on the WW program since 1987, made goal for the third and final time in 2004 and have maintained since them

Trust me, it works

I agree with you WW is a great thing . When I said cut out for a week I didn't mean it as a quick fix , I've cut it out ' mostly' for

Over a year . Wheat and gluten bloats we all know that .

Well done on making goal , you must be very proud .

In 60 days I will be on the Cruise to Alaska. In 56 days I will be in WA to see my son who I have not seen since last March (2012) and the family! They do not know I have been losing weight so it will be a big surprise for them. I saw my granddaughter this past weekend and had not seen her in months and she was shocked to see the new me. A few weeks ago my son stopped by and I had put on my bathing suit he said "MOM YOU NEED A NEW ONE". Next week another set of kids will be here and they will be in shock too!! Especially since Nana has no goodies in the house but healthy food!! HEHE

This is what Weight Watchers has helped me with. Getting to really lose the weight I so needed to do. I want to lose 7 more lbs to each 50 before I leave. I love the new program been a member over and over again for years but this time it really works. I like food and now I can do both eat and lose!!!;)

In 60 days I will be on the Cruise to Alaska. In 56 days I will be in WA to see my son who I have not seen since last March (2012) and the family! They do not know I have been losing weight so it will be a big surprise for them. I saw my granddaughter this past weekend and had not seen her in months and she was shocked to see the new me. A few weeks ago my son stopped by and I had put on my bathing suit he said "MOM YOU NEED A NEW ONE". Next week another set of kids will be here and they will be in shock too!! Especially since Nana has no goodies in the house but healthy food!! HEHE

This is what Weight Watchers has helped me with. Getting to really lose the weight I so needed to do. I want to lose 7 more lbs to each 50 before I leave. I love the new program been a member over and over again for years but this time it really works. I like food and now I can do both eat and lose!!!;)

Congrats on the weight loss. It is so easy to tell from your words and your tone that you feel so much better than you have in a long time. As for snacks, isn't it amazing how good the healthy ones are. As for the bad ones, I guess that a small indulgence every once in a while will help us to stay on track. After all, next to tracking, portion size is next in importance.

Nikki

I'm thrilled and in shock that I was down 6.4 lbs at WI this morning. Got the warning message. I think it's because my losses have been really small the last 2-3 weeks. So I'm down 40 lbs in 4 weeks, so amazing. Feeling great, and the jeans I just got into a few weeks ago are baggy on me. lol Next week's WI won't be good though, going to the shore for a couple days, and going to eat some old favorites, it's been years since I've been. Can't wait!

Wow Tracy, what a great achievement.! I am jealous! You will not have to worry about your weekend at the shore with results like that. You are ahead of next WI already. It will not be too bad to lash out just a little bit. As long as you are tracking and I am sure that you will be taking a long walk on the beach as well as swimming. Enjoy!

Nikki

Not a great week, but not an awful week. Just left WI, and only down .4. Better than being up .4 though. Gotta up the exercise this week. So close to goal that each week keeps getting harder and harder.

Today I out did myself!! I have 4 breakfast, 4 lunches and my veggies ready for the week!

I hate doing this each night when I get home so I decided I am going to do it for the week.

I was down another 1.6lbs this week. I have 5lbs to each 50lbs. I want to do this by the time I go on the cruise. Next week will be hard since the grandkids and their parents will be here. But I am going to do it!!!

Today I out did myself!! I have 4 breakfast, 4 lunches and my veggies ready for the week!

I hate doing this each night when I get home so I decided I am going to do it for the week.

I was down another 1.6lbs this week. I have 5lbs to each 50lbs. I want to do this by the time I go on the cruise. Next week will be hard since the grandkids and their parents will be here. But I am going to do it!!!

And with an attitude like that you WILL do it. I seem to be stalled myself and need to adopt your attitude. I need to up the exercise, and stop munching. I don't have any really bad stuff in the house, but can find an excuse to eat more fruit or a slice of bread. We picked berries on Saturday so I could make DH jam and I needed to have some because it is only when it is freshly made that it tastes so good. But I had 3 slices of bread then. I now have 8 pounds to go but at this rate I will be up again.

Nikki