Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Congrats on your loss! I know how great that feels. Unfortunately I haven't been losing. Haven't been gaining either fortunately, but I can't seem to lose anything. The good thing is I still have a bit more than three months before we cruise. So I'll be alright. :)

Today was a great day! 2.6 down even though I couldn't run due to a knee injury. Only 4 more lbs to go!

I celebrated by buying new shorts in my small size for our cruise in 3 weeks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Congrats on your loss and especially being so close to goal. Go For It!!!

Had a great and unexpected weight loss at my weigh in on Sunday to get down to 1.6 pounds below WW goal as we leave tomorrow to meet the Eurodam in Amsterdam on Wed for a 12 day Baltic Adventure.

Goal for the trip is maintain or small gain for which I will be adding 5 PPV daily to my daily point total.

Cruise tricks I use to achieve this along with the usual tracking...

Increase activity..walk steps and around ship, active excursions where possible and eat meals in MDR, Pinnacle, Tamarind or Canaletto.. AVOIDING the godawful cafeteria as much as possible

Hi Barbara, I'm from outside Philly too, just above Montgomeryville. Welcome to the group, and congrats on your great losses!

Congrats to ebradley and seavoyager, way to go! So happy for you.

I was in AC for my birthday weekend, had a fantastic time, but the alcohol consumption alone will put me out of the running again this week. It's fine though, because I had a great time!

Had a great and unexpected weight loss at my weigh in on Sunday to get down to 1.6 pounds below WW goal as we leave tomorrow to meet the Eurodam in Amsterdam on Wed for a 12 day Baltic Adventure.

Goal for the trip is maintain or small gain for which I will be adding 5 PPV daily to my daily point total.

Increase activity..walk steps and around ship, active excursions where possible and eat meals in MDR, Pinnacle, Tamarind or Canaletto.. AVOIDING the godawful cafeteria as much as possible

Awesome!! Enjoy your vacation!!

I can't wait to get those 5 extra points in a couple of weeks. I hope to keep weight gain at bay during my cruise by exceed using every evening on the ship. We will be traveling with our 20 month old who goes to bed around 8. I currently run after putting him down, and I plan on doing the same while on the ship. Normally we do active excursions, and I've always maintained while traveling. I'm not counting on those with him in tow.

Well...I was so good last week, but my body didn't know it. I'm up 2 lbs. :confused: Must be retaining water.

Wow, don't know if I'm up to that yet and even after losing some lbs don't know if my knees could take it but I'd give it a go for sure. Love how you found a way to get your exercise in while having fun and what a great idea..

I was having knee troubles in January this year and that is one of the things that made me want to try to lose a bit. I was worried that I might not be able to walk as much on our cruise as we usually do, plus take the stairs on board for 14 days which will be our longest time at sea.

I had Plantar fasciitis bothering me in both feet 5 years ago and it went away once I lost a few pounds and starting wearing better shoes with a bit of a heel. Funny how I didn't get that problem back when I gained even more. My feet are still as flat as ever.

Good luck, don't forget to have fun. Can't believe how many people I know are doing the Baltic this year and it sounds wonderful.

Personally I think the lido deck buffet will be my friend sometimes. I like loading up my plate with healthy choices and then adding a couple items that are worse for me to make things more interesting.

Anyone doing the online know if you can delay your subscription a week or two for vacation?

I did it on the plan in 2003 but I can't seem to find out how now. Maybe I can't do it, but I won't have internet for 2 weeks to use it either.

Kerri, if you find out, please report back. That is one of the reasons that I dropped my plan. I do not want to pay for something that I will be unable to use at all for any length of time.

Your cruise time is coming up very fast. You will be taking less of you on this cruise and will be able to accomplish mire than before.

Nikki

WTG - an inspiration and wonderful onboard activities to remember.

Hi Barbara, I'm from outside Philly too, just above Montgomeryville. Welcome to the group, and congrats on your great losses!

Congrats to ebradley and seavoyager, way to go! So happy for you.

I was in AC for my birthday weekend, had a fantastic time, but the alcohol consumption alone will put me out of the running again this week. It's fine though, because I had a great time!

Hi Tracy. Thanks for the welcome. Love the Montgomeryville mall area - many great restaurants where my friends & I meet. Will be more selective now that I'm on WW and the good thing is we only meet every 3 months. Must be tough living up in that area.

Well...I was so good last week, but my body didn't know it. I'm up 2 lbs. :confused: Must be retaining water.

I was having knee troubles in January this year and that is one of the things that made me want to try to lose a bit. I was worried that I might not be able to walk as much on our cruise as we usually do, plus take the stairs on board for 14 days which will be our longest time at sea.

I had Plantar fasciitis bothering me in both feet 5 years ago and it went away once I lost a few pounds and starting wearing better shoes with a bit of a heel. Funny how I didn't get that problem back when I gained even more. My feet are still as flat as ever.

Feel your pain on both the weight gain and the plantar fasciitis. After 9 years of foot pain finally had operation to correct it and it worked wonders. I also had a heal spur that was removed.

Stay on track and next thing you know all that weight will just fall off. Good luck.

Good intentions often do not get followed and that has been my downfall this past week. I have had very little water to drink all week and ate a number of things that are not going to contribute to a loss. My exercise routine has also been quite minimal. I don't know what to attribute all this to except weight loss fatigue. I am giving myself a scathing talking to this morning and will get back to all aspects of the program. We leave for our vacation and cruises in 7 weeks. I want to lose the rest of my weight ( and the extra that I have gained lately) before we leave. It will be close but if I follow the guidelines to the letter, I can do it, and then enjoy myself for the 2 months we are away. My plan is to be able to eat the wonderful bread on the cruise ships and in France. I will not be able to do that if I don't lose this weight here first.

Nikki

I agree Barbara, Montgomeryville has a ton of restaurants, so many of them good ones. have you tried the Metropolitan, by the Costco? That's my favorite, and they have a number of good choices.

I'll add me to the plantar fasciitis and bone spur surgery. lol Took a year or two, but good as new.

I hear you Nikki, I've had so many things going on, all involving meals, that I've almost lost my motivation. I need to get myself back on track quickly. Good luck to you.

Good intentions often do not get followed and that has been my downfall this past week. I have had very little water to drink all week and ate a number of things that are not going to contribute to a loss. My exercise routine has also been quite minimal. I don't know what to attribute all this to except weight loss fatigue. I am giving myself a scathing talking to this morning and will get back to all aspects of the program. We leave for our vacation and cruises in 7 weeks. I want to lose the rest of my weight ( and the extra that I have gained lately) before we leave. It will be close but if I follow the guidelines to the letter, I can do it, and then enjoy myself for the 2 months we are away. My plan is to be able to eat the wonderful bread on the cruise ships and in France. I will not be able to do that if I don't lose this weight here first.

Nikki

You can definitely do this! Forget last week and just look forward. You can't change what happened already, but you can change how you react to it. Use your setback to propel you forward to success.

When I had my slight gain the week before last, I was a bit disappointed. I told my meeting attendees I think I needed it to get me re-focused on my goal. Sure enough I came back last week with a big loss. Sometimes we need to see what eating everything in sight (I'm speaking based on how I behave) does to us on the scale.

Edited by ebradley23

I agree Barbara, Montgomeryville has a ton of restaurants, so many of them good ones. have you tried the Metropolitan, by the Costco? That's my favorite, and they have a number of good choices.

I'll add me to the plantar fasciitis and bone spur surgery. lol Took a year or two, but good as new.

I hear you Nikki, I've had so many things going on, all involving meals, that I've almost lost my motivation. I need to get myself back on track quickly. Good luck to you.

I was introduced to the Metropolitan about 3 months ago & I loved it. Can't wait to get back there. I love how they lunch portions available on their dinner menu.

Hi everyone,

I've been on WW since 2002 and a Lifetime since 2003. I am currently over my goal weight. I gained almost 7 during my cruise last April and then sort of maintained until my recent 2 wk Fla vacation in which I came back with a wopping 4.8 lb gain. I am now almost 12 lbs over my goal. I usually try to catch a local meeting during my Fla family visits but this last visit I did not make the time for it and it really showed on the scales. I am one that really needs my physical meeting and weekly weigh-in each week for accountability and incentive.

My next meeting is tomorrow morning, so hoping for a loss as I'm back from Fla and back-on-track. Once I start missing my meetings and skip tracking ( even for a few days) it's so hard for me to get back into the rhythm again. I've read the past few pages of posts and they have given me a redeemed hope to get back to goal and stay on track.... thanks to all. :)

I just wanted to share an oldie but goody WW recipe. Some of the longtime WW members may remember it but thought that I would share with some of the new members as it's really good.

--------------- Caramel Apple Salad -------- 8 servings - 2 pts per serving ( about 1 cup) ---

4 Large apples - any type- cored and chopped. Leave the skin on.

1 - 8 oz can crushed pineapple in natural juice- undrained

1 sm box of sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix

1- 8 oz container of fat-free Cool Whip

In a large bowl, place the chopped apples and can of undrained crushed pineapple. Gently mix in the dry pudding mix and the Cool Whip.

Serve immediately.

:)

Cari in Indy

Edited by CoquinaKeyNereid

Welcome back Cari. Good that you enjoyed your time with family in Florida. The important thing is that you have recommitted to your WW goal.

I have my WI this afternoon and I already know that it will not be good. However, I have 7 weeks left until our upcoming vacation in Europe and Med cruise. I know that I can lose what I need to but I need to be serious about the entire process. There can be no deviating and tracking is key.

Nikki

Kerri, if you find out, please report back. That is one of the reasons that I dropped my plan. I do not want to pay for something that I will be unable to use at all for any length of time.
I've sent them an email after searching the site twice and googling without results. I'll let you know what I get back.

I'm not going to make my mini goal of 20 off before the cruise, but I'm going to make sure to weigh myself onboard a few times. There should be a scale in either the gym or the medical centre.

Kerri, have fun on your cruise. Carnival has some fantastic Spa desserts that are made with Splenda. In fact, I enjoy them much better than the high-fat, high cal desserts.

Nikki, you too have a cruise coming up.

Don't worry if you don't reach your goal as it's all about the journey. At least that's what my WW leader says. :)

I was only down a half pound for today's weigh-in. Kind of bummed as I stayed on plan, tracked, measured and only used 4 bonus points. I did not however, excercise as much as I would have liked to. Right now, I am suffering with tennis-elbow so the hand weights are totally out and still no good reason for not getting on my treadmill. It has been a busy week but that's no excuse for not taking " me" time to get in some extra activity other than working in the garden.

I will keep on keeping on........

Cari

Did my WI this afternoon. No surprise that I was up 1.8 pounds. I hope that the gain is enough to wake me up. I need to track accurately and put a brake on the ooops times. However, I fully plan on getting back on the wagon beginning right now.

Kerri, enjoy your cruise and time in Florida. Just be aware of what you are eating, and doing all the walking you can. If you gain a few, you have the rest of the journey to get back to where you are most comfortable.

Nikki

I'm not exactly sure what happened this week, but I had a HUGE loss of 3.4 lbs!!!! I'm only .6 away from my goal!!! I'm so excited. This week I'm going to the gym a minimum of 3 times to ensure those .6 lbs come off. That will give me a week to see how the extra 6 points are going to affect me before I head out for our cruise.

Edited by ebradley23

I'm not exactly sure what happened this week, but I had a HUGE loss of 3.4 lbs!!!! I'm only .6 away from my goal!!! I'm so excited. This week I'm going to the gym a minimum of 3 times to ensure those .6 lbs come off. That will give me a week to see how the extra 6 points are going to affect me before I head out for our cruise.

Congrats on a super week. You must be ecstatic! Good plan about the gym.

Nikki

Anyone going on the Alaska cruise 9/3?

I am short 1lb for my 50lb goal by the cruise. Yesterday and Saturday (Kohls sent me a 30% coupon) I shopped for new clothes. I did not want any new clothes but had no choice since I don't think anyone would like the idea of my pants falling off on the ship.

I was so darn excited I got me some 1X and ex large tops and pants. I even bought a pair of JEANS!!! I can't believe it Jeans and me have not see each other in over 20 something years.

GOt my meals already for this week - so here is hoping for that 1 lb weight lost.

Anyone going on the Alaska cruise 9/3?

I am short 1lb for my 50lb goal by the cruise. Yesterday and Saturday (Kohls sent me a 30% coupon) I shopped for new clothes. I did not want any new clothes but had no choice since I don't think anyone would like the idea of my pants falling off on the ship.

I was so darn excited I got me some 1X and ex large tops and pants. I even bought a pair of JEANS!!! I can't believe it Jeans and me have not see each other in over 20 something years.

GOt my meals already for this week - so here is hoping for that 1 lb weight lost.

Good for you, great loss. I am sure that you feel much better too. And what better way to celebrate than a cruise to a beautiful area.

Nikki