Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Well I have a 1.6lb lose this week. It is slow coming off but it is coming off. Congrats on all of you that have achieved your goal, lost again this week and to those who either gained or saw no lose at all. It will happen, we just have to keep telling ourselves and each other. I am concerned about gaining weight on the cruise. I have heard stories on both side. I feel like i will be more active that week than normal (I have a desk job) so I think I will be okay. Anyone have their story to share on the subject? Have a great weigh-in, everyone!

umbertsmum -- congratulations! That is wonderful!

I'm hoping for a good weighin (my weigh day is Sunday -- which means I have to stay committed thru the weekend!), but have had some challenges this week.

Our weather has been so pretty that it's nice to be outside --great walking weather, so I'm going to take advantage of that!

Have a great week,

Nancy D

Hello everyone,

I too am a weight watchers member who fell off the wagon. I have started weight watchers many times before and here I am wanting to start again. About 8 years ago I lost a good 20 lbs (baby weight) on weight watchers. I have basically maintained for the most part. There are those periods of time where I just stop tracking all together but I always buckle down and track seriously at some point. This was the case at the end of February when I started going to the gym and tracking again. My cholesterol and blood pressure were high and I also wanted to lose a few pounds before the July cruise. I had a great time on the cruise and enjoyed all the food. We did so much walking that I don't think I gained hardly any weight. The problem for me was that I had gotten so used to eating that it took me about 2 months to get back on the plan seriously. Now between birthdays and all this Halloween candy, I am totally messing up. My son's birthday is Friday so here comes more cake and snacks. I have made up my mind to enjoy the rest of the week but come Saturday it is a wrap. I am going to get back to tracking and sticking to it until Thanksgiving. That gives me 20 days to lose some of this weight. I am going to weigh myself on Saturday morning and work down from there. I have been an online member for 6 + years. Prior to that I was also a member but I canceled my membership. This time around I didn't bother to cancel the membership because I knew I would find my way back sooner or later. So wish me luck as I begin again. I know for a fact the weight watchers works so to all the new comers just stick with it and stay positive. Come Saturday, I plan on doing just that......talk to you soon ;).

Yes unlimited but yeah its only hurting yourself if you gorge on that stuff. I eat maybe half banana a day. I can barely eat the 29 points a day so have been hitting 23 or 24. I'm sure I can get to 29 if I load butter on stuff but I'd rather not. I was on the HSG diet the week before WW and lost 12 lb in one week. Crazy but worked! The thing is I felt like I was starving to death. LOL Eating twice daily with only 3 oz of meat and veggies was not good for me. I went right to WW and started it up. So far in two weeks between both diets I am down 18 lbs. I guess that is why I think WW is a lot to eat. After eating nothing for a week straight I feel like I'm at a buffet! LOL

I envy you finding 29 points so much food. I'm still hungry after consuming 29 points.

Hello everyone,

I too am a weight watchers member who fell off the wagon. I have started weight watchers many times before and here I am wanting to start again. About 8 years ago I lost a good 20 lbs (baby weight) on weight watchers. I have basically maintained for the most part. There are those periods of time where I just stop tracking all together but I always buckle down and track seriously at some point. This was the case at the end of February when I started going to the gym and tracking again. My cholesterol and blood pressure were high and I also wanted to lose a few pounds before the July cruise. I had a great time on the cruise and enjoyed all the food. We did so much walking that I don't think I gained hardly any weight. The problem for me was that I had gotten so used to eating that it took me about 2 months to get back on the plan seriously. Now between birthdays and all this Halloween candy, I am totally messing up. My son's birthday is Friday so here comes more cake and snacks. I have made up my mind to enjoy the rest of the week but come Saturday it is a wrap. I am going to get back to tracking and sticking to it until Thanksgiving. That gives me 20 days to lose some of this weight. I am going to weigh myself on Saturday morning and work down from there. I have been an online member for 6 + years. Prior to that I was also a member but I canceled my membership. This time around I didn't bother to cancel the membership because I knew I would find my way back sooner or later. So wish me luck as I begin again. I know for a fact the weight watchers works so to all the new comers just stick with it and stay positive. Come Saturday, I plan on doing just that......talk to you soon ;).

Hi, My weigh in day is Sat. also. I'll be lucky if I've lost any weight this week. I totally blew last weekend and Monday too. I've swam laps in the pool so I'm hoping that helps.

I lost alot of weight for a cruise before and worked out like crazy. I was looking and feeling good. Then I went to pot. I totaly lost my motavation. I just quit smoking too and that doesn't help in the weight loss department. Gezzz I want to fit into all my cruise cloths again!!!

Glad to meet you,,,Hugs......

Hi all

I love WW, then new points system is so easy to follow, lots of flexability

I have been on WW for about a year now, my goal was to lose 30 lbs before my cruisetour in Sept got down to 144. I ended up gaining 5 on the cruisetour and the week we spent in Fairbanks afterward.

I have lost 4 of those pounds since coming back Sept 29th. I would love to get down another 15lbs to 130lbs, but I know I can do 135, 10 lbs to go!! (I will be ok at 140 though)

SW 169

CW 145

GW 135

Hang in there Oldhippy, you will be able to get back on track. I know it can be hard but once you put your mind to it and your body gets used to it, you willl be on your way. Your weight loss goal of 15lbs by February is both achievable and realistic. I am going to wait until tomorrow to begin again. My son's birthday is today and we are having a party tonight. I'm going to enjoy the pizza, chips and cake and then get down to business first thing tomorrow morning. I need to step up my gym routine too. I went from going 4 days to 3 days to 2 days to 1 day this week :o. I really need some motivation in this area.

Good Morning,

I am ready to begin. We had a good time at the party last night. All the cake has been cut and given to all the guests to take home. There is still pizza left but I had more than my share last night so I am done with it. I will be going to the grocery store today to stock up on fruits and some fresh veggies. Later on I will go on WW online and start tracking my meals for at least the next 4 days. Wish me luck cause I am going to need it.....:D.

SW 142

I will not post a goal weight yet (no pressure ;)) I just want to see how much I can loose by 11/24. I will allow myself to enjoy the holiday weekend then right back on the plan 11/27.

Okay so I did great Saturday but Sunday was a bust....:mad:. I put it behind me and am ready to stay focused. So far so good today. Just had a salad for lunch and it was delicious.

Question.......Does anyone know if the points value for canned fruit changes if you drain the juice??? When my mom was at a weight watchers meeting this summer she was told that the points becomes zero. I just want to see what others have heard. Delmonte has a container of ruby red grapefuit slices found in the produce section that are very good. I want to but some but only if it is zero points. I did all types of searching on the weight watchers website but couldn't find out if this is actually true.

Edited by DeeDee1234

I made it through the day....Thank GOD. I even went to the gym and went to my first step class. It was hard to say the least but I feel like I got a much better work out than when I walk the treadmill. I was so tired that I had to stop and actually sit down because I felt like I was going to be sick. Once I rested for a few minutes and had some water I felt better and was able to finish the class. The class itself lasted for about 45 minutes before the cool down so minus my little break I put in a good half hour which gives me 5 WW activity points ;).

Great job DeeDee!!!

Weigh-in last night down 1 more pound. I was very excited because this was a very stressful week & I thought I had gained.Pick here pick there:o

New week here we come.

Good Luck everyone.

Debbie

Sw-185.8

Cw-173.2

Gw-137

Thanks Debbie. I am still hanging in there ;). I did another cardio class last night. I forget what it was called but I am happy to say that I was able to hang in there throughout the entire class. It was a good workout but no where as much as that step class I took on Monday. I am planning on doing the Zumba class tonight. I have done Zumba on the Wii before but this will be my first class at the gym....wish me luck.

Weigh in was Tuesday night, down another pound. I am with you, Debbie, was telling my sister walking into meeting that I thought I had not had a good week and may have even gained. How surprised I was to see the scale down 1#. 65 days till I sail and want to be down about 12#. I think i can do it. Good luck to everyone for a productive week.

wldwmndrvr, congratulations on another pound lost. It is nice to loose even when we don't expect to ;).

I have to admit that I ate some extra's yesterday but I don't believe I did any real damage since I still had not used any of my weekly points. I made it to the gym this morning and did the treadmil for 40 minutes. I am looking forward to giving that step class another shot next week.

Edited by DeeDee1234

Been reading all of your posts. Seems like WW is the way to go. I joined in September and it took me until this week to get serious. Been back to tracking and I purchased the AP pedometer. For anyone that exercises on a regular basis I highly recommend it. Love that I can eat unlimited fruit!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

After a month and a half, I'm still at 169.2 - a net loss of 1.8lbs. I'll keep plugging away.:mad:

Hang in there...I know it can be frustrating. Do you weigh in at meetings or at home? Could your scale be broken??? Do you feel any difference in your clothing?

I had a few extras yestrday but I am going to step class tonight. I plan on weighing myself tonight at the gym. There scale had me at 144 and my scale had me at 142.

I found a great recipe for beef & bean chili on the WW website. I plan on making it Saturday. Seems like it has some great reviews. I'm not a big chili eater but I will give it a try.

Edited by DeeDee1234

Hang in there...I know it can be frustrating. Do you weigh in at meetings or at home? Could your scale be broken??? Do you feel any difference in your clothing?

I had a few extras yestrday but I am going to step class tonight. I plan on weighing myself tonight at the gym. There scale had me at 144 and my scale had me at 142.

I found a great recipe for beef & bean chili on the WW website. I plan on making it Saturday. Seems like it has some great reviews. I'm not a big chili eater but I will give it a try.

I get weighed at home, each Saturday morning in the exact same spot at the exact same time (give or take).

I get weighed at home, each Saturday morning in the exact same spot at the exact same time (give or take).

Well, just continue to hang in there. I am sure you will begin to see the numbers decrease on the scale.

I just came back from the gym. I ended up doing the step class and zumba too. What a workout!!!! If I could only get the hang of that darn step class. I was able to pick up a few more of the steps this week so if I keep at it I will have them down in no time.

Well you got to keep up your strength somehow. I am not looking forward to weigh-in tonight. I was not good this weekend (had fettucine). It has been before I started WW in Sept since I have had that dish and my husband makes it so well. Really hard to say NO. I will check tomorrow and give you update on my weigh-in results. Way to go on all the loses and hard work to everyone!

Edited by wldwmndrvr