Not sure if this was normal?

imfunny

I was specifically referring to the issue of stewards moving clothes or not in order to make the bed...or not. Nothing to do with vacuuming, trash, dishes...

That's sort of why I mentioned clothes and bed. :)

Oh I must have missed it.......did someone have an issue with the steward doing this?

If anyone has an issue with anything all they need to do is address it......

With the problem stewards ( the few who are NOT hard workers) I think they may gauge their efforts according to whether the cruiser is new or seasoned & would know better.

On the cruise I took with HAL, the first thing out of our cabin stewards mouth, after he introduced himself, was the question "have you ever cruised before?" He was not a social chatty type and I don't think he was trying to make small talk. I had the feeling he wanted to know if he could get away with doing even less than he did while he was assigned to our cabin. The cabin was never cleaned properly but the beds were made & bathroom somewhat cleaned, towels changed etc. Because of problems in this cabin we moved to a different one after a couple days, and had a great cabin steward & assistant - just like I am used to on carnival.

Oh I must have missed it.......did someone have an issue with the steward doing this?

If anyone has an issue with anything all they need to do is address it......

Yeah, post #37 and a couple after that mentioned this. :)

Maybe most stewards employ common sense (move clothes, make bed, replace clothes where they were left) whereas a minority are afraid of complaints and don't know what to do.

What to do with half-empty glasses also falls into this area.

As I mentioned earlier, you'd have to assume that Carnival adopt a stringent and consistent approach as to how basic things get done and how certain scenarios are dealt with...and anything that customers feel falls outside that basic service needs to be addressed immediately.

I thought that would be a nice gesture as well, but my steward told me that their boss spot checks the rooms and if they haven't done a satisfactory job they get reprimanded. Even though the guest has said it's okay to clean every other day. There job is to clean everyday, twice a day no exceptions.

If you don't need/want your cabin cleaned put out the do not disturb sign and they won't bother you. I've done this and before they quit for the night I'd usually get a soft knock on the door asking if I needed clean towels, or if not in the room they just change them.

Yeah, post #37 and a couple after that mentioned this. :)

Maybe most stewards employ common sense (move clothes, make bed, replace clothes where they were left) whereas a minority are afraid of complaints and don't know what to do.

What to do with half-empty glasses also falls into this area.

As I mentioned earlier, you'd have to assume that Carnival adopt a stringent and consistent approach as to how basic things get done and how certain scenarios are dealt with...and anything that customers feel falls outside that basic service needs to be addressed immediately.

Honestly (even though it wasn't an issue) I have no idea why post #37 would post as such because it is not true......that's why others chimed in:) Half empty glasses sitting in a cabin all day fall under dirty dishes that need to be removed like the many trays the op saw in the hallway.....common sense tells me someone wasn't doing their job up to par:)

"However, I have noticed that if I leave a glass out with any type of liquid in it, most usually, it will still be sitting there when I return to the cabin. I don't know if the cabin stewards have been told not to touch these for fear that the cruiser may still want to finish that drink?"

This is true. The steward know that YOU paid for the drink (water or whatever) and they will NOT empty it and replace the glass. If you have finished it and the glass is empty then they will replace it with a clean glass.

The steward also will NOT touch any of your items. If you leave clothes on the bed they will not make the bed. While they do a great job they also respect you and your belongings.

Actually... most of my liquid filled glasses have been left over water or milk from late night room service. Milk does spoil and should be thrown out. However, not enough to get upset about. Use post-it notes and all is well. Also, your statement about a steward will not touch any of your items is not necessarily true. I have had several stewards who have hung clothes up for me that I have left on the bed and have used them when making towel animals. I have never had a problem with them using items of clothing as long as it's not my underwear!! :o

Archived