Who are the cruise directors on Celebrity?

DARNAILZ

John Howell is the best CD, by far. He is approachable and exhibits a terrific attitude.

I totally agree with "tuggers," Shawn is lacking and his personality is not one that I would pick as a CD. One never knows what is going on is someone's personal life, maybe Shawn was just having a bad cruise.

If I could choose....John Howell would be the CD on each of my future cruises.

This is actually kind of a fascinating thread. I haven't the foggiest idea who the CD's were on any of our cruises...nor most of the captains for that matter...really hasn't ever made any difference to me one way or the other. As I read the postings above I'm kind of wondering if I've missed something or if it's no big deal for my wife and I.

Until Galaxy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;3;21;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randyk47:

This is actually kind of a fascinating thread. I haven't the foggiest idea who the CD's were on any of our cruises...nor most of the captains for that matter...really hasn't ever made any difference to me one way or the other. As I read the postings above I'm kind of wondering if I've missed something or if it's no big deal for my wife and I.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I look at it the same way Randy. What's the deal? It really doesn't matter to me either. I guess it's important to some people. icon_confused.gif

I never remembered who they were either until Rich on the Dawn.

As I said he's very personable and will spend time talking with you.

Seems like a sincere guy. Hope he's happy with his switch to Celebrity.

Song of America 1995

Zenith 1996

Zenith 1998

Nordic Empress 2000

Nordic Empress 2002

Norwegian Dawn 9/14/2003

Norwegian Dawn 2/5/2004 one of the best

You know, our first two cruises, I didn't know either. But then came John, and he was really, really good. It seems that most on this thread agree. After John, you notice what the others lack. A CD doesn't "make or break" my cruise, but they do make a difference.

I normally hang out on the NCL board, but this thread caught my attention because Rich Cleasen moved over to Celebrity as a few here have noted.

That fact alone makes us want to book the Infinity!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif Having Rich as CD is just a unique experience. You'll see him everywhere from morning till night and swear he must have a few clones. Since Celebrity's style is different, don't know if Rich's style will come through the same, but whether it's in purple velour hosting 50's night, or in Ironman Chef competition, Liar's Club or MC of Weakest Link or Not So Newlywed, Rich is hilarious!!! icon_smile.gif Yet he is not arrogant or egotistical in the least.

He is friendly, sincere and truly interested in the passengers having fun. Though he's always on the go, he doesn't show any sense of being frazzled.

Rich, if you ever read these CC boards, know that the NCL CC community is crying the blues for you!!! icon_frown.gif

Has Alan King been with Celebrity for a while (pre Royal Caribbean)? I feel like he was our CD when we went on the Mercury back in 1998. Has he been with another line?

Zuzie1

S/S Atlantic 7/92

Mercury 7/98

Grand Princess 7/99

QE2 8/00

Radiance of the Seas 8/01

NCL Star 6/02

Another vote for John Howell. I seriously doubt that he ever slept! He is the very first CD that DH has ever liked. Now if he would only go to the Mercury in January, I could finally get DH to book!

Horizon's First Balcony 3/04

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=125594606

Donna

Cruise Total: 8 Dawn Princess 12/8/01, Dawn Princess 8/19/02, Celebrity Century - 1/04/03, Carnival Fascination 5/2/03 Celebrity Horizon 3/1/04

Does anyone know who the CD will be on the Mercury in July of this year?? and how would you rate them.

Thanks for the info.

HO

Norway 9/00

Sovereign 3/01

Rhapsody 9/01

Grand 9/02

Rhapsody 9/03

Next cruise,

Mercury 7/23/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;07;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700

Infinity 4/6/05

Until Our Infinity Cruise    countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;6;23;59;00&timezone=GMT-1100

Has anyone heard who is the CD on the Century for Christmas week? I am hoping John Howell or Simon.

Big Red Boat

Royal Majesty

Royal Majesty

Sensation

Sensation

Big Red Boat

Majesty

Ecstasy

Ecstasy

Century

Celebration

Horizon