Uk cashback for price drop?

marie1971

I booked our upcoming cruise with a well known uk travel agent 18 months ago. We are due to pay the balance in a few weeks. I have noticed on the RC website the same cabin is up for a lot less now. Does anyone know if I could get a refund/obc?

If RCCL site is showing same category of cabin as you have booked at a lower price then you can request a price drop from your TA.

But ..some UK TA's though will not give you the lower price, it all depends what they have in their Terms & Conditions.

Give your TA a call...see what they say...if they say something like...oh no we don't do price drops...ask to speak to a supervisor. :D

You can also request a conference call between your TA,RCCL and yourself if you are not happy with the TA's explanation.

Good luck :D

used a large internet booking agency for Granduer sailing last month and although huge price drop on RCI site was told no refund due to booking codes applied. Basicaly TA had block booking with RCI for much lower amount and charged us RCI price on day with 10% discount ????? Needless to say booked next cruise direct with RCI

Wow I am impressed, spoke to TA and was pretty much told tough luck! Asked to speak to a supervisor and was told one would call me back within the next 48 hours!!! Just had a call explained the situation and she said leave it with her, 10 minutes later a call to say they are crediting $500 my account obc!!!! Thanks for the advice, very happy.

Not always as simple as it would seem.

Most of the time it is applicable and should be passed on by TA however sometimes genuinely the Deal code booked under which allowed the cruise to be discounted in the first place is not applicable for any price drop.

It has happened on many occaisions with me.

It has happened on many occasions with me.

Or maybe that's what they tell you...:eek:

Seriously, I have had a lot of reps tell me something I know is not true and I have to really persist to get someone who knows what they are talking about. It's definitely a crapshoot.

Wow I am impressed, spoke to TA and was pretty much told tough luck! Asked to speak to a supervisor and was told one would call me back within the next 48 hours!!! Just had a call explained the situation and she said leave it with her, 10 minutes later a call to say they are crediting $500 my account obc!!!! Thanks for the advice, very happy.

They are crediting your account with $500 obc ??

Why are they not refunding it to your credit card..or if you haven't done final payment why is it not being taken off that.

Sorry but I hope you got something in writing as UK TAs do not usually give obc when there is a price drop...(due to the exchange rates).

Or maybe that's what they tell you...:eek:

Seriously, I have had a lot of reps tell me something I know is not true and I have to really persist to get someone who knows what they are talking about. It's definitely a crapshoot.

Err!!!

They don't tell me

I know

I am a TA

Yes confirmation letter is on its way to me and we have already had it in an email. I was asked how I wanted it as I have not yet paid the balance, so as it was a bonus I thought OBC would suit us best to go against drinks, photos etc : - )

Yes confirmation letter is on its way to me and we have already had it in an email. I was asked how I wanted it as I have not yet paid the balance, so as it was a bonus I thought OBC would suit us best to go against drinks, photos etc : - )

Getting it put back onto your bank account or credit card would probably have been much better. Might be worth a quick phone call. Remember if you spend say 10 dollars on a drink onboard that same drink would only be worth a few dollars. everything onboard has a huge markup. If you are definitely going to spend that money onboard anyway then it wouldnt really matter though. A bottle of wine that costs 35 dollars onboard would probably only cost around 10 dollars in port. bet you have a huge smile on your face, that was a great result for you :D

Archived