Quebec City and Montreal by car

itsanita

We are in Quebec City for two days on the ship. Would it be possible to rent a car for two days and drive to Montreal the first day, returning to the ship that night. And the second day driving/walking around Quebec City?

Is the drive a scenic one? I am guessing around 3-4 hour drive? What would the MUST do's be in both of these cities with the car. We would want to spend some time just walking around both cities as well.

Any help would be appriciated.

Have done the round-trip in 1 day many times (including last Saturday). From dock to downtown, I would estimate it being a 2:30-3-hour trip, which won't give you tons of time in Montreal. Also, be forewarned that there is tons of road construction in Montreal right now, meaning traffic jams and detours.

We are in Quebec City for two days on the ship. Would it be possible to rent a car for two days and drive to Montreal the first day, returning to the ship that night. And the second day driving/walking around Quebec City?

Is the drive a scenic one? I am guessing around 3-4 hour drive? What would the MUST do's be in both of these cities with the car. We would want to spend some time just walking around both cities as well.

Any help would be appriciated.

It's possible but not much fun. Better to spend your day on Ile d'Orleans or driving to Baie St Paul and save Montreal for another time. !/2 day in Montreal and 6 hrs. of driving doesn't do it justce. 2 days in Quebec City are barely enough.

It's possible but not much fun. Better to spend your day on Ile d'Orleans or driving to Baie St Paul and save Montreal for another time. !/2 day in Montreal and 6 hrs. of driving doesn't do it justce. 2 days in Quebec City are barely enough.

Thanks, that's the kind of info i was looking for. So I guess we will rent a car for one day in the Quebec area, and then just spend the other day on foot in Quebec City.

So now how about some advice about what to see on those two days? I have some travel books....but its nice to get advice from those who live there. We always are looking for dinning places that are not so touristy...places that you go to.

Archived