Couple of First Timer Questions......

stxcruiser

We are driving to the port so we are not concerned about airline regulations, however, will the cruise line x-ray your luggage or go through it? Also, is there a size limit on your carry-on bag? Thank you in advance for your help. :)

The cruise line will x-ray your luggage. If it contains contraband, their defiition includes alcohol, they will make you open it in front of them. I don't think they go through it w/o you there.

I don't know the size restrictions but for carryons the bag must fit through the x-ray machine which is about the same size as the one at the AP.

Hope that helped.

Cruise lines will x-ray both your carry-ons and your checked luggage but you can lock your luggage before giving it to them. If they find something that "interesting" and they want to look at it they will call you down to open the suitcase or at least that has been the way it has been explained to us.

Carry-on bags have to be the same sizes as the airline requires because they use the same type of x-ray machines as they use in airports or at least like they used to use. Other than being small enough to go through the machine I don't know of any size limit on a carry-on for a cruise.

Have a great next cruise.

Thanks for the answers, the checked luggage was what I was wondering about, and as you may have guessed - alcohol would be the "contraband" of choice! haha:p

Put it in your checked luggage and you shouldn't have a problem.

STX,

Put anything you think is questionable in your packed luggage, not your carry on. People on these message boards advised us of where to "hide" our plastic bottle of liquor. OK, you aren't supposed to have it, but with a 25th anniversary for us, we drank more than ususual. Mixed drinks on board a ship can really increase your bill. We brought pouches of dry whiskey sour mix and a plastic bottle of whiskey. Not a name brand, but it did ok. Wrap the whiskey in a pair of jeans, then other clothing. Depending on which line you use, most likely, you'll get away with it. We did this on both Celebrity and Carnival cruises. Even the room staff didn't rat us out. We left it in plain view on top of our desk. Enjoy!

Archived