Best Medditerranean Cruise for young couple

scorben

My husband and I just got married, we are in our early 30's, and I am looking for a good Medditerreanean cruise this summer. I read ship reviews and several say the average age for this type of cruise is over 50.

I am looking at 10-11 day Med trips on Celebrity, and 7 day on RCCL.

Can someone recommend the best cruise line for our age group? We like luxury, but we also like excitement.

I cant make a decision, please help!

:confused: :confused: SCORBEN

If I was you I would also check out what Princess is offering. The Med cruise we did in 2003 on the Golden had all age groups on it and was probably had one of the youngest average age of any cruise we have been on. Generally the longer the cruise the older the cruise clientel. Surprising I have seen posts on the MSC and Costa boards that both those cruise lines tend to attract a younger European crowd on their Med cruises.

Whatever you decide try to include a cruise that has a stop in Venice. It is a fabulous place to visit and to arrive or leave from on a cruise ship.

Have a great next cruise.

My husband and I just got married, we are in our early 30's, and I am looking for a good Medditerreanean cruise this summer. I read ship reviews and several say the average age for this type of cruise is over 50.

I am looking at 10-11 day Med trips on Celebrity, and 7 day on RCCL.

Can someone recommend the best cruise line for our age group? We like luxury, but we also like excitement.

I cant make a decision, please help!

:confused: :confused: SCORBEN

Dear SO and I are in our early 20's and we've also been thinking about doing a Med cruise. Princess seemed like a good option for us. Although the reviews say the average age is 50, i'm sure there is a variety of ages on the ship. Besides 50 isn't that old and i'm sure you'll get along with everyone.

The opportunity to cruise the Med is great. I would be more concerned about the itinerary and what I was doing as opposed to the average age of the cruisers.

But since you are younger and looking for luxury and already looking at X and Rccl. I would pick Rccl for the younger crowd, but its a short cruise. X i've heard is nicer and it fits that luxury category, its a longer cruise and an older crowd. You'll have to decide what you want.

SO and I are taking a 10 day panama cruise this December and we've always been warned 10 day and longer cruises generally have an older crowd and that didn't both us one bit.

Goodluck

We cruised the western Mediterranean on Costa and chose our cruise by ports of call. We visited Italy, Sicily, Spain, Tunisia and France. We were able to tour Carthage in Tunisia and Pompeii, outside of Naples. My husband had been to Rome and didn't want to deal with the crowds, since we were travelling with our kids (8 and 10 at the time), so we sailed out of Genoa. Also, Marseilles was so-so with regard to places we wanted to see, so that was our beach day.

We've since cruised on RCCL and Celebrity and decided that Celebrity is our favorite. They understand how to make their guests feel pampered at every turn. Our last cruise was our longest, the Panama Canal, on Celebrity Galaxy. We did note that the cruisers were older, on average. I wouldn't worry about the age range on a ship, the woman who won the women's pentathlon (basketball, ping-pong, shuffleboard, paper airplanes and golf) on our ship was in her 80's!

We had our kids with us (now teenagers) and they had a great time, as did we. I think you will have the trip of a lifetime, no matter if you choose RCCL or Celebrity. Maybe you could look at a guidebook to decide whose itinerary you prefer.

Two summers ago DH (then 35) and I (then 28) took a 12 day Med honeymoon cruise on RCCL's Brilliance of the Seas. It was an amazing ship with an amazing itinerary. There were a mix of ages. We did meet and do tours with a couple in their fifties in three ports - and it was wonderful. Age was never an issue.

I recommend choosing your cruise based on the itinerary first and the dates/number of days sailing second. Also look into what the specific ship has to offer. Also consider the price of cabins - inside, outside, balcony - and airfare.

Have fun choosing and planning - it will be a great tip!

Ally

Archived