local time vs. ship time in Belize

theampres

is there only a time difference during DST/daylight savings time? and, as I understand from other posts, may also depend on which cruiseline, but I'm trying to find out if there is any time difference, specifically NCL ship time vs. LT/local (Belize) time. will be there in Dec. when no longer on DST, so that won't be a factor, but, can someone who's been on NCL recently and visited Belize please advise if there was any time difference, and, if so, by how much? learned from a recent post that LT was 2 hrs. behind ship's (Carnival) time; how about NCL? - also, 2hrs. time difference now? if so, I assume may be only 1hr. difference in Dec. - ?

thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify.

is there only a time difference during DST/daylight savings time? and, as I understand from other posts, may also depend on which cruiseline, but I'm trying to find out if there is any time difference, specifically NCL ship time vs. LT/local (Belize) time. will be there in Dec. when no longer on DST, so that won't be a factor, but, can someone who's been on NCL recently and visited Belize please advise if there was any time difference, and, if so, by how much? learned from a recent post that LT was 2 hrs. behind ship's (Carnival) time; how about NCL? - also, 2hrs. time difference now? if so, I assume may be only 1hr. difference in Dec. - ?

thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify.

Belize is on Central standard Time. If your NCL ship is leaving from the US East Coast it will be on Eastern Standard time-one hour earlier. I do not know whether or not NCL ship shift to local time in ports. However, they will tell you in their ships events letters.

Belize is on Central standard Time. If your NCL ship is leaving from the US East Coast it will be on Eastern Standard time-one hour earlier. I do not know whether or not NCL ship shift to local time in ports. However, they will tell you in their ships events letters.

that is exactly the question that I have: does NCL shift to LT in each port? need to know in advance, specifically for Belize, as I am booking a flight to San Pedro and want to book the first flight possible, allowing time to disembark, tender time into port, then taxi to TZA. so once I find out if NCL's scheduled arrival time of 0800H is same as LT, or, if there is a difference, I think it would be that ship's time is 1 hr. AHEAD of LT in December, but that's what I'm trying to find out so that I can book the San Pedro flight in advance.

thanks for your help!

may I suggest you go to your ship's roll call boards or the the NCL board here and ask the question specific to your ship. Does NCL XYZ ship use ship time or local time in ports? Somebody on those boards will know the answer for sure.

Remember, in Belize it's a tender port and just because th eship "arrives" at 8 AM doesn't mean you'll be catching a cab by 8:30AM. Depending on tender service/ anchoring etc. it could take an hour or more after scheduled arrival for you to reach the tender pier.

NCL does change their ship time to match shore time. Whatever time it is in Belize will be the ship time, it makes it so much easier.

thanks for clarification, cruisemaniac - happy to hear that NCL adjusts to LT. absolutely makes it so much easier! (but apparently, not all lines do, which has made for obvious confusion on these boards...and which makes no sense at all - to me, anyway...) have never been on a cruise where ship time differs from LT...can only imagine that those are the lines whose passengers could either miss time in port or miss the all aboard!)

Does anyone know if Celebrity changes to local time for Belize? I are thinking about booking a longish excursion and our itinerary shows we come in at 7am but if that is actually 6am local time (I think that is the right way around!) then I doubt our tour operator would meet us as early as we would be able to get in off the tender...

Also, how long before the ship's departure does the last tender leave shore? We have never tendered before and we're a bit nervous about missing the last chance back to the ship! :confused:

that is exactly the question that I have: does NCL shift to LT in each port? need to know in advance, specifically for Belize, as I am booking a flight to San Pedro and want to book the first flight possible, allowing time to disembark, tender time into port, then taxi to TZA. so once I find out if NCL's scheduled arrival time of 0800H is same as LT, or, if there is a difference, I think it would be that ship's time is 1 hr. AHEAD of LT in December, but that's what I'm trying to find out so that I can book the San Pedro flight in advance.

thanks for your help!

Please report back on your flight - we're wanting to fly to San Pedro, too!! I've been looking at a non-ship excursion to get us there.

Archived