Piano Bar on Constellation - What kind of Music?

Perki

Is this bar your Mozart type music, oldies/ragtime or sing-along piano bar Billy Joel/Elton John? Just wondering since we have had several posters who just returned recently. Also if you caught the musician that plays by the outside bar on the aft of Deck 10 what did they play? Just wondering options for the evenings. Thank you!

As you can see all the types of music I listed and asked about are different types of PIANO MUSIC just different tempos and certainly would interest different sorts of people. Maybe you didn't read my entire message and just looked at the title or didn't understand or weren't familiar with the 3 styles of PIANO MUSIC I listed, but thanks for a response, I got the PIANO part. :D

Hi Perki,

We've had experience with the piano bar on Summit and Millennium, and while it varies a bit depending on the person in charge of the piano, they seem to book people who play a selection of "easy listening" music. "New York, New York" has featured heavily on both ships, if that tells you anything!

If they have Perry Grant on Constellation during your cruise, you're in for a treat. He is a hoot. We had Betsy Bogart on Millennium, and she seemed to be boring herself, never mind her audience. On two nights they had a jazz ensemble drawn from the Celebrity orchestra, and they were excellent.

HI ... that's where I'm going. Wish YOU could be there. My first cruise was the Millennium Cruise to Hawaii, and I have been playing piano bars at sea ever since. This will be my first cruise with Celebrity, embarking mid-May. As for selection, I tell people that "my specialty is variety", and I have a list of over 400 titles called JP's U-pick that features Swing, Jazz, Blues, Showtunes, Pop tunes, Ballads, country tunes and many originals (none crude), that are featured on my CDs. I (I also do a couple of Beethoven pieces) So, really, once I slide into the cockpit, the evening is YOURS! I hope to party with some of you sometime. Michael's Club, which is the piano bar on board is refferred to as a "hideaway lounge", and according to some posts here, seems to be "...well hidden". So, it could be adventure time for those of you who are looking for a place to hide and party. I'll introduce you to everyone there.:D Toodles, JP

Archived