Looking for Oceania fans who have cruised Azamara in past 6 months

pacheco18

I have searched and read all the comparisons of O & A on both the O & A boards and I have lurked on the A boards for quite a while. For a long time A got poor reviews but lately things have gotten better. I am looking for some updated information.

A itineraries for 2013-14 are about to be released (today I think). There is an itinerary that interests me. I am hoping an O aficionado has cruised on Azamara recently and can let me know how they compare currently.

I am less interested in food than in the demographic and amenities.

what amenities are in question - I would think between info on the Az website and posts here, the differences are fairly well documented. Az has the included wine, gratuities, do-it-yourself free laundry.... The Journey has a delightful coffee bar with (mostly) free speciality coffes, expressos, cappacinos and nice little tasty bites available. O is definately the winner with the daily tea. Speciality restaurants are $15 per person if you are not in a suite. If you're asking about bath products, I don't give a rip.

I did one O sail in 2009, then switched to Az for 2 sailings in 2010 - next week going on Azamara again. I'm almost afraid to put demagraphics into words....but I will say on Azamara there were more nationalities represented. I think Azamara has really been doing some targeted marketing in the UK. On O there were alot of New Yorkers - not that there's anything wrong with that! We thoroughly enjoyed our fellow passengers on both lines - loved the open seating at dinner and all the travel chat with a well traveled bunch - felt like I'd found my tribe! My impression was that perhaps many of the O crusiers were a little higher income demographic. I'll also say I noticed a few more "friends of Dorothy" on Az.

Just answering the question folks, both lines are delightful IMO - I probably check out Az first to make my pennies go farther but would love to do a sail on one of the new Oceania ships too - they are tough for Az to compete with.

Some years ago and after 5 Oc cruises, our travel agent assured us that we would like Azamara, so we went on the magnificent Norway cruise with Az. We tried one more Oc. after that and got so tired of the toilet breaking down three times, the nickel and diming, and 18% tip on drinks, that we've never gone back.

There is a special welcome and warmth on Azamara always which makes us feel very much at home. For sure, the included wine, laundry, internet time, and gratuities help We've now done four more with Az. (two this past summer) and are looking for our next cruise with them.

ddcruiser

Archived