bars along Orient Beach

sunflwr19

We will be stopping in St. Martin while on the Valor in late April. We are planning on staying all day at Orient Beach; but I am not sure what area of the beach would be best for us. We aren't really interested in any activities or water sports. I would like to be near a bar/bars that have cheap (but good) food and drinks. Any suggestions?

Truthfully, St. Martin is an expensive island. You will not find a lot of cheap but good places. The only really cheap food is at the Lolo's (kind of like snack bars) (a number in Grand Case and others scattered around the island).

However if you will be happy with reasonable prices for good food and drinks on Orient Beach - Baywatch is good and friendly, so is Pedro's. Most of the other bars are a bit more pricey but most are not outrageous. Just check the menus (usually posted outside) and pick a place that appeals

Of this list of beach bars and restaurants, I would suggest "The Pirate Beach Bar and Grill".The food is good and the prices for drinks are some of the best along the beach.

I would avoid Kon Tiki. While the food was'nt bad, it was very expensive. $20 for a burger. The drinks were average in taste and price, but the service wasn't very good at all.

Kevin

We usually carry our own 'supplies' to Orient, but the last Beach Bar that we visited (with friends, October '04) was The Pirate. Seemed like decent prices, and the service was exceptional.

I have to say that Pedro's seems to have increased their prices to the point that it may no longer be an option for us. We took some friends there on a one-day cruise visit last March ('04), and were suprised how expensive their signature rib platter turned out to be.

If you're not tied into Orient, I would suggest M's B's over on Dawn Beach, just a couple of beaches away.

gary

The Pirate Beach Bar & Grill is located about half way between Pedros and Kon-Tiki. (see the list of bars HERE). Look for this sign. The girl standing on the steps is Celina who will take very good care of you!

Archived