I know you'll understand...

abitaturbodog

After 3 years of struggling in this economy, I just made final payment on our December cruise!!!! My family is so glad to be getting back to the sea!

Congrats! Its a great feeling to make that final payment!

We will be on the week before you. We are getting really excited now!

:)

I knew you'd all understand! :)

My boys (14 & 15) got used to taking 2 cruises a year and then the bottom dropped out of our bank account! We're slowing getting back on our feet and I'm just SOOOOO EXCITED to have another cruise in our future! (And hopefully more to come.)

this has been a tuff years on so many levels, I am so happy for you. We will be going the week before you on the Legend. But this year was tougher to get paid off than in the past. Cruise money should not have to be used for anything lets pass a law! LOL

After 3 years of struggling in this economy, I just made final payment on our December cruise!!!! My family is so glad to be getting back to the sea!

Very happy for you and your family. You will treasure this cruise and make many memorable memories!!!

Have a great time.

Know exactly what you mean. A year and a half here for us. Going in January on a 6 day then in June or July a 6 or 7. Like you getting back again.

I DEFINITELY understand completely, same here......it sure feels good to be back on the water instead of UNDER it!

Congrats on that final payment! I'm sure you and the guys will have a blast!

I'm about to make the first installment since first booking our upcoming cruise in February! In fact, I think ,my final payment is due the day you all are getting on your cruise.

Can't wait! I will definitely expect a review when you get back ;).

"Boob" :p

I knew you'd all understand! :)

My boys (14 & 15) got used to taking 2 cruises a year and then the bottom dropped out of our bank account! We're slowing getting back on our feet and I'm just SOOOOO EXCITED to have another cruise in our future! (And hopefully more to come.)

I am glad to hear that things are turning around.

We had to do the same thing, take a break, a few years back. Now we automatically put something away each paycheck for our "cruise fund". To us it's as important as savings or retirement.

Hope you have a great time and enjoy!

We were/are also in the same position. I lost my job 2 years ago, 3 months after last cruise, and then saw our 30th anniversary coming up this year and we said "what the heck". Sure, the money could've gone to more useful means, but our mental health needed a break! 2-1/2 years without a vacation can add up! Hard decision, but glad we made it. Congrats to you all for the same! ;)

I DEFINITELY understand completely, same here......it sure feels good to be back on the water instead of UNDER it!

Very true! Thanks for all the well wishes and positive thoughts! I like the idea of putting away some money with each paycheck. Maybe we can book another one next year...

Congrats! Same for us - FOUR looooooooong years between health problems, financial problems, becoming disabled, etc. I bet you are as excited as we are. Even though this will be different (my first cruise in a wheel chair) I KNOW we will love it and cannot wait.

We are already in "cruise mode." I am stuck in bed a lot, so when I need something, I call DH and ask for "room service." Yesterday, he brought me coffee with a towel draped over his arm! LOL

The worst part is PCD (post cruise depression) so we are already starting to plan the next one. We have a $500 credit toward a future cruise and plan to buy 2 of the FCCs on board ($100 toward a booking plus $100 free OBC) as we always need 2 cabins. That way, when we get off the ship, we already know we have another one coming. Just thought I'd mention that as you may want to consider it. It's like free money toward another cruise and gives you something to look forward to.

Enjoy and glad to know that other cruise-deprived passengers are sailing again.

Archived