Freeport in December

OnePsychLynne

Well I've never been to the Bahamas, but will be on the Carnival Sensation 12/4/11.

That being said:

My google results tell me that "average" ocean temps in the area are around 75 farenheit.

I've snorkeled in Kona, Hawaii in May and it was probably around that same temp (maybe 72?).

I've snorkeled in Puerto Morelos in Feb (cloudy windy day, I might add) and they claim the average water temp is 75 Farenheit or so.

All were doable/okay (I wouldn't want to spend HOURS in the water), but all I wore was a T-shirt, swim trunks, and of course the snorkel gear. Although I have a little "excess" insulation if you get my drift (fat around the middle--haha).

The initial shock is when you jump from the boat into the water, but in a few minutes you get used to it and then it's not bad as you're getting some exercise.

We actually snorkeled in the Bahamas in March and it was pretty chilly. It's not the water-it's the wind after I'm wet on the boat ride back tothe ship!:eek:

Last year we were in Aruba and Curacao in January and it was in the 80s. When we sailed back to Port Canaveral FL it was

26 freaking degrees!:mad: I almost died:eek:

I'm leaving the week after you;) What cabin are you in?

I splurged and booked the Grand Suite - U87

Yeah, the wind can be a bit of a kicker.

I'm not sure if I'll go on any snorkel tours, I have to see how long we're in port again. (I forget which day we have an entire day in Freeport maybe? and Nassau is only like half a day or something).

I thought I'd get one of those plastic vacuum bag thingies and put a change of clothes/towel in it so I can at least dry off.

Archived