Family friendly excursions in Grand Cayman & Montego Bay

gt1701a

Are there any nice beaches in Montego bay? Was thinking of Doctor's Cave, but didn't know if there were any others that were nicer. Anything to do with small children (3 & almost 5) other than the beach. Dunn's river Falls & snorkeling are out.

Also anything fun in Grand cayman - again snorkeling is out. I was thinking of maybe the semi-sub? any experience with this with small children? Is the turtle farm worth it? any other ideas?

we will be doing a beach day (probably at Paradise beach) in cozumel. Thanks for the tips!

I know there is a port of call set of boards and I tried to look under there but most of that information isn't geared towards families with young kids.

I've been wanting to go to the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary near Montego Bay

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g2253897-d150342-Reviews-Rocklands_Bird_Sanctuary-Wiltshire_Jamaica.html

It gets glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, really neat videos posted on it on YouTube, and appeals to my kids' love of nature.

Basically, you go there and feed hummingbirds by hand.

montego-bay.jpg

We went to the Turtle Farm on our last visit to GC and our kids had a great time. Aside from the turtles they have a shark exhibit and an aviary that you can walk through and feed the birds. There's also a very nice pool with a shallow end for kids. I have photos online at http://travel.webshots.com/album/576847767qrpcbe?start=108.

I think Boatswain's (what they renamed the Turtle Farm) is a decent destination point.

My kids have enjoyed it in the past... they have a freshwater pool and a snorkeling lagoon (a bit of an algae problem) there... I think our last trip there was 3 or 4 years ago, though.

I found a review I left for it on Tripadvisor back in 2008.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147366-d148100-r13785125-Boatswain_s_Beach_Turtle_Farm-George_Town_Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Islands.html

caption.jpg

Archived