Carnival Assistance with Older passengers?

RMM34667

If I remember correctly when docked in Grand Turk it was a VERY LONG pier. Does Carnival ever have golf carts or other transportation at the pier? I remember last year it was difficult for my parents at Mohogany Bay just getting to the end of the pier.

Doing an easy Itinerary Nassua, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. We were thinking my father could stay on the ship at all ports, but his Alzhiemer's dementia has taken a quick decline after this last week in the hospital. (figures we just booked a week and a half ago). He's wasn't too bad just had the short term memory issues. But last Thursday in the hospital for a few hours it was like he was totally out of it. We think it may have been lack of sleep as he is better now. But not as good as he was a week and half ago.

Sooooo... We don't want to leave him alone too long. But he is 85 has Congestive heart failure and we don't want to push it. All we need is to get him to the end of that pier.

We will be on the Destiny and the only ship in port, so maybe it won't be that bad. But I remember just me and my mom (me carrying our beach stuff) and thinking it was a long walk.

I will of course call Carnival, and see what they say, but always appreciate the info I get here.

Thanks.

I dont believe you are going to get much help with transportation on the piers. When we were in Naussau last month, a elderly lady in front of me fell (that was way too long of a walk) I even had to stop a couple times and I am only 64. Maybe you should think of bringing a wheelchair with you for the ports

I dont believe you are going to get much help with transportation on the piers. When we were in Naussau last month, a elderly lady in front of me fell (that was way too long of a walk) I even had to stop a couple times and I am only 64. Maybe you should think of bringing a wheelchair with you for the ports

nassau has a shuttle van going to the different piers depending on the number of ships in port. That was a couple of years ago, don't know if they have it now

I was in Grand Turk....good Lord, it took me a half hr to slooowly walk to the ship. (have bad knees).

I am surprised they don't have locals driving bicycle carts to the end of the pier. They had that When I was on the dream...that was fantastic, for a couple dollar tip, i rode in comfort.

Melanie

Guest LoveMyBoxer
nassau has a shuttle van going to the different piers depending on the number of ships in port. That was a couple of years ago, don't know if they have it now

Yes they still have these

Archived