Carnival Dream review from experienced cruiser w/ lots of pics - 9/17/11

Bernie388

Hi, I have always read the reviews from other people and have learned alot from them so after 11 cruises, all with Carnival, I thought I would finally write my own. We sailed the week of 9-17-11 to the Western Caribbean. We had an aft extended balcony on the Vista deck, cabin # 9477.

I will give my honest opinion about everything we encountered. If you have questions, please ask. We took alot of pictures so I will try and put them in order with my review.

Alittle about us, we are from Ohio. This was our second time on the Dream. We always cruise in September. It was myself, wife and our 13 year old son. Last year on the Dream, we noticed that the service was possibly beginning to slip, especially in the dining room. I will say on this cruise, everything was fantastic. From our room steward to our head waiter and her assistant. All the bartenders throughout the ship were great. Butch the cruise director and his possible girlfriend/assistant cruise director Amy or as she was also called (6'3) were incredible. This was our third time in a row with Butch as our cruise director and we absolutely love him. Don't know if there is a better one out there. Butch did tell us that Amy and he will be moving to the Carnival Magic out of Galveston in January.

We took over 500 pictures and since they are still downloading to my PC, I will come back tomorrow and start this review. One big item I wanted to bring up early concerning the sewer smell. Last year on the Dream, we smelled it only once at the back of the ship. This cruise we smelled it everyday. It was evident toward the back of the ship as we walked the hallways to our cabin. One night the odor was so bad, people were literally holding their noses getting in and out of the elevators. It was really bad. Didnt stop us from having fun, but the smell is there..... Ok, tomorrow the fun, indepth review with the pictures start..... Have a good night.

Looking forward to it, as I am just finishing up my review from the same cruise four weeks earlier!

I agree with you about Butch and Amy.. top notch entertainment staff.

About the sewer smell... I only smelled it ONCE, and that was for about ten seconds. I really was not looking for it, either... you just never know!

Looking forward to your trip report!

Catrin

Hey Bernie, My family and I was one the same sailing. This was our second time on the dream as well. I had an amazing time it actually turned out to be one of our favorite cruises. Loved Butch and Amy too...

Hi, I have always read the reviews from other people and have learned alot from them so after 11 cruises, all with Carnival, I thought I would finally write my own. We sailed the week of 9-17-11 to the Western Caribbean. We had an aft extended balcony on the Vista deck, cabin # 9477.

I will give my honest opinion about everything we encountered. If you have questions, please ask. We took alot of pictures so I will try and put them in order with my review.

Alittle about us, we are from Ohio. This was our second time on the Dream. We always cruise in September. It was myself, wife and our 13 year old son. Last year on the Dream, we noticed that the service was possibly beginning to slip, especially in the dining room. I will say on this cruise, everything was fantastic. From our room steward to our head waiter and her assistant. All the bartenders throughout the ship were great. Butch the cruise director and his possible girlfriend/assistant cruise director Amy or as she was also called (6'3) were incredible. This was our third time in a row with Butch as our cruise director and we absolutely love him. Don't know if there is a better one out there. Butch did tell us that Amy and he will be moving to the Carnival Magic out of Galveston in January.

We took over 500 pictures and since they are still downloading to my PC, I will come back tomorrow and start this review. One big item I wanted to bring up early concerning the sewer smell. Last year on the Dream, we smelled it only once at the back of the ship. This cruise we smelled it everyday. It was evident toward the back of the ship as we walked the hallways to our cabin. One night the odor was so bad, people were literally holding their noses getting in and out of the elevators. It was really bad. Didnt stop us from having fun, but the smell is there..... :eek::eek::eek:Ok, tomorrow the fun, indepth review with the pictures start..... Have a good night.

WOW !! Not GOOD ! I appreciate you honesty and will be looking forward to the rest of your review.

• 3 years later...
Bernie: Do you have photos of 9477 on the Dream? We are in that room in February and I would love to see photos of the inside and outside. Thanks.

Yep, Bernie may or may not be on the boards now, but if you do a Google search for images of room 9477 on Carnival dream, you will get some results.