OBC Credit from Dash Sale

LynnB

I booked a mini suite on Jewel 3/24/12 during the dash sale last week. DH then found out that he could not get that week off at work. I called and changed it to 2/4/12 and upgraded the room to a SF penthouse.

I thought my original booking came w. a $70.00 OBC as part of the dash promo. Did I lose that when I changed my dates and cabin category after the sale ended?

TIA

I booked a mini suite on Jewel 3/24/12 during the dash sale last week. DH then found out that he could not get that week off at work. I called and changed it to 2/4/12 and upgraded the room to a SF penthouse.

I thought my original booking came w. a $70.00 OBC as part of the dash promo. Did I lose that when I changed my dates and cabin category after the sale ended?

TIA

Yes - you lose the OBC from a promotion when you cancel and rebook. (They don't look at it as a change - they look at it as a cancellation and a re-booking.)

The re-booking gets whatever promotions are available when you make the change.

Yes probably. NCL's computer systems appears to be set up so any changes have to have the first cruise cancelled and the change booked as a new one. Therefore forfeiting any bonus' that come with the first booking.

I'm not familiar with the terms of the dash sale and whether it is for certain ships and certain dates. If the dash sale did have certain dates and your new booking doesn't fall in there, then you are out of luck.

If not you may try phoning NCL back and speaking to a supervisor, explaining that you had to make the change and that you would like your OBC back, since your original booking with them fell at the time of the dash sale. Now in saying that I am assuming the SF Penthouse you booked is the same price as it was during the dash sale. They are not obligated to give you the OBC, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

TIA

Strange how the customer service rep you had, never explain it to you that you will loose all obc and other credits when you change the dates. When i changed my cruise from Sept to May, they explain to me clearly that i will loose OBC, my discount and other things.

Archived