Suite and Separate Childrens' Stateroom

mickeyfitz

For the 1st time we are going to have a separate room for our teenage daughter and a friend (ages 18 &17). Even though it will be directly across the hall from ours, HAL required us to book 1 of the adults in that stateroom, so officially my daughter and I are in the S suite and my wife and my daughter's friend are in the inside cabin across the hall, with the understanding that, of course, HAL doesn't care who actually uses which cabin. Apparently this is a common situation. My only concern is whether this will complicate the use of the Neptune Lounge and other suite perks for my wife and I since my wife's room card will apparently reflect the inside cabin, not the suite. Does anyone have experience with this issue? Is there a way around it? Thanks.

When my former boss cruised on Zaandam, she and her husband were in an S Suite, and both sets of grandparents were in Mini-Suites with the 2 kids bouncing around amongst the 3 rooms (although they were really booked in the suite)

The entire family was allowed to check in together in the Suite Passenger line, they all were given express tender embarcation, and they were all allowed access to the Neptune Lounge. I simply couldn't imagine the concierge turning back parents/grandparents who wanted to sit there w/ their kids...

We have had friends in mini-suites on the same floor and also an inside cabin on the same floor and they have absolutely NEVER been allowed to use the Neptune. They usually explain it in a very gracious way -- it will make those unhappy that are paying so much more, etc. -- and only those on their suite list are allowed. The concierge has been nice about allowing us to have early disembarkation , etc. when we have the same transportation, etc. but that is about it and it is usually accepted with no problem by those involved.

We have been taking suites for the last 6 years (about 3 trips a year) and have been on all but the Vista class, but this has been very strictly followed on all of our trips.

We have had friends in mini-suites on the same floor and also an inside cabin on the same floor and they have absolutely NEVER been allowed to use the Neptune. They usually explain it in a very gracious way -- it will make those unhappy that are paying so much more, etc. -- and only those on their suite list are allowed. The concierge has been nice about allowing us to have early disembarkation , etc. when we have the same transportation, etc. but that is about it and it is usually accepted with no problem by those involved.

Friends are one thing. Everyone makes shipboard friends and if they allowed friends in, eventually the whole ship would be allowed up there.

Family is quite another - especially when Mom & Dad in the suite are paying for the whole lot of them...

We booked our Feb. cruise on the Odam with the same set up. After we all checked in (Suite check area) we stopped at the Neptune lounge and new cards where given. My husband and I in the suite and the two teen girls in the inside room and an extra entry card for us to get into the girls room. The girls will not be able to use the Neptune (my husband asked). I was worried about how all this would work out but It was handled with no problems through the staff in the Neptune. Have a great time.

Archived