NCL possibly coming to Mobile

futaba951

IMO I doubt this will happen. The Dawn is going to be moving to NOLA after the Spirit heads to Europe. Has NCL ever sailed out of Mobile before? Will they even be able to fit an NCL ship in port? I haven't looked at the dock sizes of Mobile, but the Carnival ship that was there was only a Fantasy class ship, which is significantly smaller than any NCL ship. Who knows though. All this is just speculation. We shall see whenever they release 2013-2014 itin's., but that won't be for awhile.

As a Mobilian, I am very interested to see if this rumor pans out. Supposedly, the owner of a downtown restaurant overheard customers who were NCL employees celebrating the completion of a deal to bring a ship here.

The station that ran with the story is not known as a bastion of good journalism and is pretty desperate for ratings. The mayor denies that a deal has been made, and says that there aren't even negotiations currently underway. He and others did make an official visit to court NCL and other cruise lines in July, but so far, there has been no word of anything coming out of those meetings.

We'll just have to wait and see whether that restaurant owner really did hear something significant, or whether this is all wishful thinking.

The city was dumbstruck when Carnival announced it was leaving, and it was revealed that city officials had been truly naive when negotiating with Carnival and are now stuck with millions in debt for the still-new cruise terminal.

As a Mobilian, I am very interested to see if this rumor pans out. Supposedly, the owner of a downtown restaurant overheard customers who were NCL employees celebrating the completion of a deal to bring a ship here.

The station that ran with the story is not known as a bastion of good journalism and is pretty desperate for ratings. The mayor denies that a deal has been made, and says that there aren't even negotiations currently underway. He and others did make an official visit to court NCL and other cruise lines in July, but so far, there has been no word of anything coming out of those meetings.

We'll just have to wait and see whether that restaurant owner really did hear something significant, or whether this is all wishful thinking.

The city was dumbstruck when Carnival announced it was leaving, and it was revealed that city officials had been truly naive when negotiating with Carnival and are now stuck with millions in debt for the still-new cruise terminal.

You know, the NCL Spirit is in town in drydock so there is going to be a lot of NCL people in town for a couple of weeks. I'm wondering if this woman who supposedly over heard this conversation at her restaurant really heard what she thinks she heard. They could have been discussing any contract, not necessarily one with the city of Mobile. I'm starting to think that she was mistaken in what she thought she overheard. There's denials all around, although that is not unusual prior to an official announcement. However, I think I have my doubts about this, the more I think about what I've heard. You notice that all the other news outlets are staying far away from this one.

You know, the NCL Spirit is in town in drydock so there is going to be a lot of NCL people in town for a couple of weeks. I'm wondering if this woman who supposedly over heard this conversation at her restaurant really heard what she thinks she heard. They could have been discussing any contract, not necessarily one with the city of Mobile. I'm starting to think that she was mistaken in what she thought she overheard. There's denials all around, although that is not unusual prior to an official announcement. However, I think I have my doubts about this, the more I think about what I've heard.

I think this is entirely plausible, and your theory had crossed my mind, as well. I've seen the Spirit here while driving past on the interstate.

It would have been very easy for her to hear them talking about bringing a ship or ships here (to drydock) and for her to have totally misunderstood.

Archived