Picking up Pre-purchase Photo CD

I will be sailing on the Allure in 2 weeks. I prepurchased the Photo CD, but don't recall getting a receipt or voucher emailed to me. How will the staff at the Photo Center on Allure know that I already paid for it? Thanks in advance for your answers.

For our June cruise on the Allure I printed out the on line conformation for my purchase but also got a letter in our cabin on Thursday or Friday with instructions. I hope they have updated the procedure because I had to stand in line for over an hour waiting to get the CD. Would have much prefered it being delivered to our cabin or even mailed home!

kycruisefan as I understand it the only time people not in your cabin would appear on your CD is if you or someone in your cabin is in the picture with them:) That's what I've been able to find out so far...we're cruising in Dec. and I've already ordered ours:)

I printed out a confirmation also when I ordered the CD online...

onboard they gave me a letter but it didn't have all of the instructions...I will try to find my post about the onboard instructions and post that as well...meantime this is what I posted earlier on another thread when someone asked about whether everyone in their group would be on their CD even if they weren't in the same cabin

It all depends...they use face recognition so if you all take an embarkation picture together then it is possible...there were 18 in our embarkation pic. 9 cabins all together' date=' 3 in our cabin and some of the other peoples pics from other cabins were on our CD even when we weren't in the pic..unless they "fix" this by the time you sail then it could happen...

My disappointment was in the fact that none of the Pics on the CD have the wonderful borders...IMO some of the borders are a necessary part to the picture as they have info on them....[/quote']

here's what I posted on my review concerning the onboard info on the Pic CD

We always spend $200+ together on cruise pictures any way so we decided if the CD had all of our pictures on it then that was a pretty good deal...then we could print them when we got back home in the sizes that we wanted and how ever many copies we wanted....me and my sisters all live in different houses so we each want our own set of pictures...

we paid $239.95 for the pic CD online before the cruise and saw an advertisement to purchase it on the cruise for $299.00..

the photo binder holds all of the pictures you take during the cruise...the location of your photo binder will be on your SeaPass Card...you can use the PB to view your pics or you can use one of the computer screen available. Pics gallery where all of your pics can be viewed (and purchased) is called Focus and is located Aft Deck 6

For the Newbies there was a time when you had to go thru walls of photos to find your own and a running joke by Cruise Directors is that someone would invariably ask them how could she tell which pictures were hers…haha…but that’s how tedious it was to look thru the walls and walls of pictures to finally find yours …..

they use face recognition to figure out what pictures to put in the PB…supposedly it goes by cabin…we did have some pics missing that we had to go to the walls to find and we did have a couple of pictures of other people in our binder…it’s not an exact science…we were very diligent about chkg our PB

makes it a lot easier to view your pictures this way however we tried to keep track of what pics we took as we discovered that some of them were still put on the walls or not printed at all and it is very important to have all of your pictures in the photo binder or at least know what pictures you took because of number one and number two below…

several times we had to request the photographers in Focus to send some pics to our Photo Binder or to search for some that we didn’t see on the wall even…we still missed the group shot of our Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle

Two things that we weren't aware of that caused us a little concern:

1. You are responsible for making certain all of your pictures are listed in the preview screen before the photographers actually make your CD on the last day....this is why it is very important to keep the Photo Binder up to date...there are computers in Focus for you to view all of your pictures and when you feel it is complete you select the print/ok button and your CD will be done at that point and ready for pick up the next day…thank goodness we found this out before our final day…I don’t believe the site where we purchased the CD mentioned anything about finalizing it and sending it to the print shop…we didn’t finalize ours until the night before debarkation so that we would have enough time to think about it…We took pictures everywhere we could…along with the CD they will give you a black and white copy listing all of the pictures on the CD…the copies of the pics are real small but you can tell what they are

2.none of your pictures will have any of the nice borders that you see on the actual hard copies of the pictures in your photo binder...this was very disheartening as some of the borders were lovely...at some point I will print the two versions of one of our pictures (with and without border) so you can see the difference…

For example…the embarkation border holds all of the statistics about the cruise (date' date=' ship, etc) and some ship statistics...the pic CD doesn’t have this info…the border of the captain picture which we took the night of the captains ball has Captain Johnny's name on it...the Border of the Port pictures taken when you get off the ship at each Port have the ship name, Port name and date on them...the pic CD pics do not have any of this info….it would just be a shame not to get some of these pics so yes we succumbed and purchased a couple of the pictures..it was still nice to have the CD with ALL of our pictures on it but they got us!!!...[/color']

RCCL link to Picture CD info: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=806

Cruise Critic: Picture thread:

http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29418171

Archived